+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 - show discussion - spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer View Post
    Monkey Woman was the most impressive for me tonight, that girl became a chew toy for nine minutes and still completed the challenge.
    She certainly showed the superhero(ine) trait of having indominitable spirit. You know that had to have hurt, too. Too bad they don't have a winner for each challenge, instead of just a loser.

This is truly the sillest show I've ever seen. But it knows it's silly and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I had mixed feelings about what happened with Iron Enforcer. Stan kept going on and on about "superheroes don't kill." Some of the most popular characters at Stan's Marvel Comics kill all the time (though, to be fair, Stan didn't create those). The "anti-hero" is a popular type of superhero, so if that's what Iron Enforcer wants to be, who's to say he shouldn't? Stan has seemed unfairly harsh to IE.
    This part of your post, I don't agree with, Lex. Just my opinion, but I don't think a steroid-using, killing machine makes a good superhero or role model.

But, now that I think about it, maybe he had this supervillain plan in the works the whole time? Maybe that was the reason Stan chose him in the first place?
    I absolutely agree with you on this part. As soon as I saw it, I thought it looked to be totally scripted ahead of time, including IE's reponses. It gave a clear reason as to why Iron Enforcer had been on the block for every eviction, but was kept on.

The apparent pre-planning of this was my first disappointment in this show, which I have thought to be fun and a bit more "real reality" than most.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This part of your post, I don't agree with, Lex. Just my opinion, but I don't think a steroid-using, killing machine makes a good superhero or role model.
    I'm actually in agreement with you. I was just pointing out that there are many superheroes similar to Iron Enforcer who are very popular. The most popular I've seen are the Punisher (who got his own movie a couple years ago) and Wolverine from the X-Men movies (and it's rumored he'll get his own spin-off movie).

Personally, I love superheroes like Major Victory (Superman-like) who are all about truth, justice and all that great stuff. But I'm just saying that different people like different types of superheroes.

This show seems like a such a put on. I keep waiting for the last episode when they say 'gotcha'. All the reactions and lines seem like they are actors, bad actors. But it's also the funniest show out there right now.

My money's on Major Victory and Monkey Girl.

I think its being over-the-top is what is so funny. It's a parody of itself! I'm liking Major Victory, and, after the last show, Monkey Girl, too.

her monkey giel cry (a bit weak but look what she had to go through) when she completed the challenge was awesomeness

Tyvecius should've just told the truth about not liking his costume. Stan said that even he felt there was somethign wrong with it before Tyvecius said anything to him which was his chance to agree and have the costume changed or just so he could go back to his original (which was actually better than his makeover costume). He seemed to be doing good thorugh the competition (aside from running past the little girl) and then made that big screwup.

Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    This show seems like a such a put on. I keep waiting for the last episode when they say 'gotcha'. All the reactions and lines seem like they are actors, bad actors. But it's also the funniest show out there right now.

My money's on Major Victory and Monkey Girl.
    Even if SOME of the people are completely legit, others are obviously plants. Iron Enforcer was a plant--from his 'tude, to his quitting near the end of a challenge, to the more obvious alley scene.

Of course ALL of them are asked to cooperate with certain portions of the shooting. We know that a lightning bolt is not REALLY hitting that garbage can, so they've all been posed and asked to hold their place while the can is emptied and artificial smoke is spread. Stuff like that is going on all along--a little cooperative non-reality to make it all fun. For example, we all know Stan was NOT at the other end of that pneumatic tube. Likely he was a few thousand miles away in New York City, or wherever he's actually living these days (or err... wherever he was living three years ago when this was shot). Those notes in the tube were sent to him via Express Mail and/or they were read by the crew and his was given a similar looking tube and similar pieces of paper.

So given that amount of manipulation (its still fun though, so I'm not exactly complaining), Iron Enforcer MIGHT have actually been a legit applicant who they THEN coopted and asked to act a certain way. Since he's likely a wanna-be actor, and it ensured him getting more screen time, he just said yes. Probably at or near the very beginning of shooting, thus explaining his quitting in the dog challenge. Voila! A super-villain and a particularly unconvincing alley scene.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie

spoilers

i love stan lee but most the contestants are actors and here is the proof. go to imdb dot com and type in who wants to be a superhero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast