+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Woman

I actually rather appreciated that Stan Lee threw out someone who was only using this show as a platform for their acting career. I think if she had been more upfront about her showbiz aspirations, it might not have been a problem, but the fact that she was hiding behind another profession smacks of insincerity. I know everyone's playing a role on this show, but to me the question is how commited you are to that role. She couldn't even stay in character for a few minutes at a restaurant!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    I actually rather appreciated that Stan Lee threw out someone who was only using this show as a platform for their acting career. I think if she had been more upfront about her showbiz aspirations, it might not have been a problem, but the fact that she was hiding behind another profession smacks of insincerity. I know everyone's playing a role on this show, but to me the question is how commited you are to that role. She couldn't even stay in character for a few minutes at a restaurant!
    That's just how I feel. I'm still mostly surprised that she and the others gave up their personal info so easily even though they know they're on a reality show and know they're always being filmed. After all that work she did with those dogs you'd think she'd got herself back together and then she just threw it all away with a few simple words.

Anyone notice that the "animated" picture of her on her website (and on her MySpace) Moneky Woman has been drawn with much larger... er... "bananas" would only work as innuendo if she was a guy. So let's say "coconuts", even if that isn't nearly as monkeyish.

They are almost Lemuria-like in scale.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She and a lot of the other participants also have Myspace sites

I can't find any... can someone post a few?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Can someone post links? I'd love to see the pages you're talking about.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I don't recall? Are we allowed to link to MySpace sites? I seem to always get in trouble here for off-site links, so I don't assume anymore.

Yes, Myspace links are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Yes, Myspace links are fine.
    Monkeywoman MySpace:
    http://www.myspace.com/monkeywomansuperhero

Mary Votava's MySpace:
    http://www.myspace.com/goddessmonkey

Monkey Woman main site, including previously mentioned huge coconuts:
    http://www.monkeywoman.com/

Mary Votava's main site:
    http://www.maryvotava.com/

Ta for the (many) links. Mary's not shy about promoting herself, is she?

Hello, Nurse! You guys weren't kidding about those coconuts! Talk about artistic license.

I see she's posted up a defense for her dismissal from the show. She sounds sincere, I think, although I don't know how her fellow contestants enjoy being referred to, even obliquely, as "spandex-clad geeks."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast