+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Woman

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    She really won my respect in the dog challenge. It was harrowing to watch her little body (I mean, what does she weigh, all of 100 pounds soaking wet?) get tossed about by those crazy dogs, but her refusal to give up was incredible. I don't recall seeing dedication like that in any other reality TV challenge. So good on her. I hope she continues to strive and improve. It's inspiring

Does anyone prefer her pre-makeover costume to her new one? I liked the fuzzy old fur one better, it said more monkey to me than her "extra from the Xena set" ensemble now.
    Yeah Monkey Girl gets props on the challenge. I'm with you Snowflake, I never seen nobody that relentless on a reality-tv show. I thought she would give up for sure. She definitely has heart. I actually like her new fit better than the old one though.

Agreed agreed/ I liked certain things about the old, and I like certain things about the new. Her eyeliner with the old outfit bugged me to no end tho, I can't remember if they changed it in her makeover.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Newbie
    Does anybody else feel that MW, like several of the others, got shafted? Admittedly, she blew the secret identity thing badly, but what she was really supposedly booted for amounts to her being the only player who came in to the game with a secret identity. Without any chance to defend herself, Stan blasted her as a liar for having a secret from him, right after a trial that was all about keeping secrets from people.

She may have hidden her acting past simply because she really wants to be a superhero, and just happens to be an actress, and realized she'd never have made it to the show if they knew. Somebody wanting to be a superhero can also be an actress, without it having the hidden motives Stan seems to prejudge her as having, treating it like she obviously wants the show simply as a stepping stone in an acting career.

Likewise, Levity, especially if you read his interview bio at Darkhorse, really really was into superheros perhaps more than any other contestant, having chosen his career in creating action figures as a way to live part of his dreams...Iron Enforcer was the obvious choice to go home that very first slot, with his talk of killing, but Levity was railroaded when he was led into mealymouthed agreeal with the 'traitor' character who already came into the conversation trying to steer it towards making Levity's appearace be about 'using' the show to make millions.

Tyveculus, arguably the most heroic in real life, being a firefighter, was given a costume that was already a mockery, with that silly stuffed and plumed hat and enormous shoulderpads. Feedback lost no points from me in pointing out how silly it was, and it was basically designed to put Ty on the spot. Either offend Stan by telling him how sucky it was, or suck it up and lie, as he did. I think the best thing he could have done though, was simply say something about the costume not mattering, it's always the hero inside.

Of the remaining chars, Lemuria had my sympathy until the last TV cut of her talking about Stan in such a way that you know she was insincere in her self-sacrifice trial, and Fat Momma is talking about 'payback' or revenge, which is most certainly un-herolike. Not to mention her several verbal attacks at various times on her fellow players.

Feedback is dedicated, almost unnervingly so, while Major Victory, despite having 'left stripping behind' is melodramatically vain to the point were I tend to think it's more than just playing to the camera, and Creature seems to spend all of her time hitting on anything male. (Which is a quality I don't mind in a good looking woman in general, but isn't very superhero-ish.)

I guess I'll be rooting for Feedback now that MW is gone. The one enduring thing I seem to notice though, is that no one seems to be familiar with reality shows in general, and the concept that you're ALWAYS on camera and that every time Stan asks them to do something, it's for a reason that will allow him to eliminate someone. There just doesn't seem to be enough thinking going on.

FORT Newbie
    Darnit, I didn't realize some of that could be considered spoilers since the show was aired yesterday. Does the board have any kind of cutoff was to when things are no longer considered spoilers, and when it's safe to discuss an aired episode?

FORT Newbie
    Oh, and as another aside, keeping your identity secret may have been the Number 1 rule in certain comic series, but in others, even those done so well over the years by Stan himself, the superhero's identity was well known to the public. If you go by all the movies of late, rather than the comics themselves, you'd think almost every hero was known. Angel, Beast, the Fantastic Four, many of the X-men all completely fail to have 'Secret' Identities in the movies released lately. So I have to give Stan a thumbs down for a rather faux elimination challenge here.

I think that the Iron Enforcer was a plant from the beginning. They were going to need an evil character and why not someone who had been with the supes from the beginning. Remember Rotiart?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

drbloodaxe Your post was amazing and spot on. You took the time to put into type pretty much everything I have been thinking. My hat is off to you
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Monkey woman? For goodness sake...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't believe it is considered a spoiler after it has aired on the west coast. But certainly the next day is fair game.

Great points. I was sad to see MW cut. I think most of the people in there and on all of reality TV has acting asperations. Stupid reason to cut her and Levity, my early favorite...

One thing I did notice, was after she put the costume in she was that boo-hooy. She did sobs the first round. She came close to sobs in begging Stan not to boot her and then after she was booted her demeanor really changed. That caught me by surprise.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by drbloodaxe View Post
    Darnit, I didn't realize some of that could be considered spoilers since the show was aired yesterday. Does the board have any kind of cutoff was to when things are no longer considered spoilers, and when it's safe to discuss an aired episode?
    Drbloodaxe, AsIs is right . . . information from the show is no longer considered "spoilerish" once it's finished airing on the West Coast.

Or, more specifically, after 1:00 A.M., ET for this show.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-11-2006 at 05:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast