+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat Momma

Was her offer to leave genuine, or was she playing "the game"? Yes she did well with the kids last night, but there is something slightly manipulative about her that just bugs me. JMO
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Since the only challenge results she knew were from the children's vote, I think she really was thinking Feedback would go home. Until Stan told them his thoughts, they didn't know how the "find the super villain" challenge really played out. I think the children challenge put her back in touch with her mama-hood and she really does think of Feedback as one of her kids. (I worry about him myself - he wants it tooooo much and rejection from the Father figure might cause him to lose control and break down emotionally.)

With his square jaw and mucho sincerity, Feedback will probably win the contest, but Fat Mama has won my heart.

I felt she was being sincere, also. She wanted to get a message out, on the show, which is self-acceptance. She's done that, and doesn't need more. She can tell Feedback really 'needs' the win.

If she wasn't sincere, she sure fooled me! (Which is entirely possible) But I felt she was being 'real'. She seems to have a strong nurturing instinct. I think she would make a good Superhero as well. Maybe they can do two comics

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    I like her but I just don't see her being a super hero...she seems more like a social worker in my eyes and a great person...but I don't think she would work as a superhero.

I was really upset that Major Victory left before she did because he had more of the superhero charm than she will...
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

I think what I love about Fat Momma is precisely the fact that she subverts the typical notions of what makes a superhero. The kids could even see what is special and inspiring in her, despite the fact that as Nell Wilson she might not have the conventional traits of a superhero.

Even though Major Victory was my favorite, and I was so upset to see him go, I am proud to see Fat Momma in the final two.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I agree! Fat Momma is the embodiment of what Stan Lee invisions a superhero to be. No, you don't have to be buff, sexy ore over the top superheroish, you just have to be the genuine article.

Fat Mamma is exactly that. Case in point; If you look back at all her challenges, stopping to eat food was never a part of her method. She was seriously focused and always completed the challenge, only using food as a tool, not a meal. However in the scavenger hunt she went around eating off everyone's plate and it became obvious to not only me but my 12 year old grandson and 15 year old granddoaughter that she was trying to throw the competition. When that didn't work (she wasn't immediately called on it), she went to plan B: ask off the show,

She was actually acting more superheroish than either of the other two through self sacrifice.

Except if the villain had actually been causing mayhem among the tourists... then she'd have sacrificed them! But no, I agree with you. I felt she was trying to get kicked off the show, too. And she was doggone funny while doing it.

I am surprised, actually, that the show even cast someone of her body type as a superhero candidate. I can't help thinking of another reality show that could take a lesson from this.

madeboxer! Hope to see you post more.

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer View Post
    She was actually acting more superheroish than either of the other two through self sacrifice.
    I agree with your whole post, especially this. Plus, Fat Momma was making a sacrifice at a time when it wouldn't be self-serving (like, for example, Creature's "Kick me off the show" speech in an earlier episode), which to me was evidence that she was truly sincere about it.

I was really touched at the scene with her talking to Feedback--they seem to have really bonded! The top folks should all just form their own "Justice League."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hey, great idea, SnowflakeGirl!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayalltheway49 View Post
    I like her but I just don't see her being a super hero...she seems more like a social worker in my eyes and a great person...but I don't think she would work as a superhero.

I was really upset that Major Victory left before she did because he had more of the superhero charm than she will...
    I liked Major Victory, I wish he would have made it to the final two alongside Fat Momma
    If behaving like a dedicated social worker isn't the definition of a `superhero' I don't know what is. I think Fat Momma is EXACTLY the type of person who should be a superhero. She doesn't look like a `superhero' per se, but being perceived as a misfit, an outcast, is part of the superhero traditon. She doesn't fit our expectaions but neither did Peter Parker and Clark Kent.
    And I can't believe I just admitted I watch this show Totally addictive
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast