+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABC Pulls 'Neighborhood' Reality Series

Though I really wanted to see this I completly understand why it was shelved. This is a show that gives three of the most racist and prejudice families all the power. There is something wrong with that.

I'm guessing you are right Bill. Too bad. I was looking forward to this series.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yesterday was the first day that I parused the families, I truly was getting a tad nervous about the whole idea of it.
    I can understand why they cancelled it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Though I really wanted to see this I completly understand why it was shelved. This is a show that gives three of the most racist and prejudice families all the power. There is something wrong with that.
    I agree. The premise raises both ethical and legal questions. It is totally illegal to take religion or race into account when people are buying homes. I don't see how a reality show contest would be exempt from that.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Rab
    I would've watched it for the entertainment, even fully knowing the 3 neighbors were racists. OH well R.I.P.

Living in Reality

Let Viewers Be The Real Judges

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Interesting. I was looking forward to watching this, simply to see how the editors, cast and viewers would react to this.

Why not air it and see what happens? It seems to me that the powers that be would rather shield us rather than educate us. Sometimes hearing and seeing the truth, despite how sensitive and painful of the topic, is the only way to truly educate.
    Speedbump has it right. I don't want any special interest groups dictating what I should or shouldn't watch. All that we'll be left with is "Knitting with the Stars."

FORT Newbie

Unfortunate

It is an unfortunate situation that what could be a very powerful and eye opening show may not get to see the light of day(without a massive campaign from ABC editing). As a middle class African American living in the Austin area, I was intriuged by the show's concept. It's a shame that there are people who tryto shadow the truth in the name of righteousness.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I agree. The premise raises both ethical and legal questions. It is totally illegal to take religion or race into account when people are buying homes. I don't see how a reality show contest would be exempt from that.
    They're not, and I think that's one of the reasons it was shelved. Plus I have a problem with the whole premise of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    They're not, and I think that's one of the reasons it was shelved. Plus I have a problem with the whole premise of the show.
    I think they are exept. I read in a different article that the producers were able to get around it.

Living in Reality
    No one is buying the house. The house is a prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast