+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 4/7-4/8 The Voice 6: The Battle Rounds 2/The Playoffs **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/7-4/8 The Voice 6: The Battle Rounds 2/The Playoffs **West Coast Spoilers**

You are right Junkie Girl, that Bryan got voted off after "New York state of Mind". I didn't find it sleepy at all, but enough voters must have found something wrong with it or just liked other vocalists better that season. But it still was a favorite of mine, and it was one of only a few that I downloaded from itunes. I thought that Bryan's age hurt him as he was one of the older contestants that year (in his mid 20's lol). Since I am decades older than that, age didn't matter to me then or now. I just know what I like. Tessanne who was a great vocalist and belter performer wore on me too as the season progressed. She deserved the win but I don't know how well she is doing post her voice season---anyone know?

Re: 4/7-4/8 The Voice 6: The Battle Rounds 2/The Playoffs **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wonder who the other fan favorite is? Michelle Chamuel, Juliet Simms, Cole Vosbury, Katrina Parker, Jamar Rogers, Amber Carrington would be a draw for me.
    I'd like to see James Wolpert, Matt Shuler, Josiah Hawley, Terry McDermott.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I was never a Tessane fan, but I bet she would be good in concert.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I'd like to see James Wolpert, Matt Shuler, Josiah Hawley, Terry McDermott.
    Oh I forgot about those ones. Good choices. While I wasn't a fan of Wolpert, if he was included, I'd still probably enjoy him along with the others. Terry is probably not on the list, he'd probably eclipse everyone else! But if he is the big surprise, I could see the tour doing well.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

LOVED Terry. Blake got rid of the guy on his team that had Terry's style. I wish he hadn't. I would have preferred him over Sisaundra.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger2 View Post
    You are right Junkie Girl, that Bryan got voted off after "New York state of Mind". I didn't find it sleepy at all, but enough voters must have found something wrong with it or just liked other vocalists better that season. But it still was a favorite of mine, and it was one of only a few that I downloaded from itunes. I thought that Bryan's age hurt him as he was one of the older contestants that year (in his mid 20's lol). Since I am decades older than that, age didn't matter to me then or now. I just know what I like. Tessanne who was a great vocalist and belter performer wore on me too as the season progressed. She deserved the win but I don't know how well she is doing post her voice season---anyone know?
    I liked Bryan too and was bummed he got an early boot. As for Tessanne, I wasn't expecting her to win from the very beginning because she's the type of singer where people would rather see in concert but they would not buy her album/CD. In other words, her type of singing is not really commercial or marketable. Great vocal performances on TV may be great for votes but does not necessarily translate to sales. Sissaundra is one prime example who people would vote for because she belts incredibly but who would actually buy her music?

I also would have preferred Ryan over Jake but I think Blake is thinking of strategy here. He knew Jake would get more votes despite the weaker of the two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234