+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Season 6 (premieres Mon. Feb 24) - News & Speculation

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Season 6 (premieres Mon. Feb 24) - News & Speculation

Lots of news regarding the new season of The Voice.

The mentors for the season will be

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Band Perry - Team Blake
    Miranda Lambert - Team Shakira
    Jill Scott - Team Usher
    Aloe Blacc - Team Adam

I put them in spoilers in case people don't want to know who the mentors are until the show reveals them.

First Look at Season 6

The Voice coaches reveal which contestants they keep in touch with

Usher Blasts Blake's Dancing Skills

Blake: "I really love singing but I consider myself a dancer" Hahahaha! Blake being his adorable self.

Alumni News

Melanie Martinez releases a new video. The theme is kinda creepy yet mesmerizing.

Doll House by Melanie Martinez

Midas Whale has also released an album called Sugar House available on Itunes.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 6 Premier Monday, February 24

Blake's wife will help Shakira?

Midas Whale has also released an album called Sugar House available on Itunes
    Love them.

CeeLo Green Quit 'The Voice' to avoid being fired

Aww that's too bad. Not. Will Christina leave/get pushed out too? A girl can dream.

Midas Whale has also released an album called Sugar House available on Itunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    Love them.
    You gonna buy their album?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

No. I am one to stick to Youtube.

I wonder what will happen next season now? By next season I mean, season 7. Will Usher replace Cee Lo fulltime now

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    No. I am one to stick to Youtube.

I wonder what will happen next season now? By next season I mean, season 7. Will Usher replace Cee Lo fulltime now
    So all your raging about them leaving was for nothing then? Your segment of the population is exactly what these shows and musicians need to study and find out how to get them to purchase music/tickets to shows. Supporting musicians is vital for them to keep doing what they do but they have to find a way to get their fans invested in them after the show is over. I know they are monetizing YouTube now, but it's probably not a lot of money being made. Somebody is going to have to do something really innovative to do things differently to get folks like you to spend money.

As for Usher, he is usually a pretty busy guy, but if the money is right I could see him staying on. Blake and Adam manage to tour and do the show in between so I guess Usher could as well. It will all depend on if he can make those arrangements or not. I do hope he does stay on, he's got a lot more credibility in finding new artists than CeeLo will ever have. He discovered Beiber, so technically he's got more credibility than Adam or Blake too.

Other celebs have done versions abroad and since the show has become so successful here, it's not going to be hard to find people to do the show now. But the one thing that is so good about the show is the chemistry between the mentors, so they have to find the right mix of people. Will Adam or Blake want to take time off in the future? I can't see making too many changes, but maybe a little mix up once in awhile won't hurt.

Re: Season 6 (premieres Mon. Feb 24) - News & Speculation

From the NY Daily News...we all know the contracts favor the networks and not the contestants. Here is another example.

EXCLUSIVE: Secret 'The Voice' contract says NBC can ignore votes and release talent's psych tests on TV
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    From the NY Daily News...we all know the contracts favor the networks and not the contestants. Here is another example.

EXCLUSIVE: Secret 'The Voice' contract says NBC can ignore votes and release talent's psych tests on TV
    These and other clauses offer a glimpse into what may have been behind the surprise elimination last season of fan favorite Judith Hill and a bizarre episode last May in which producers admitted they had discarded thousands of votes cast via the Internet and social media.
    I saw this article late last night and wasn't really surprised. It's been speculated about for years on these types of shows. They really do own you and your future children.

I don't remember if it was specifically addressed by the show after Judith was eliminated that votes had to be thrown out or if I'd read it on the net after the fact. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I saw this article late last night and wasn't really surprised. It's been speculated about for years on these types of shows. They really do own you and your future children.

I don't remember if it was specifically addressed by the show after Judith was eliminated that votes had to be thrown out or if I'd read it on the net after the fact. Anyone else?
    I think they mentioned it on the show.

However, I'm not convinced that Judith Hill really was a "fan favorite."

I'm also neither shocked nor surprised about the contract. There were similar revelations about the Idol contract, and I would guess that every reality show out there has something like it. I don't imagine anyone believes anymore that these shows are truly talent competitions.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

The Swon Brothers are going to be in Wichita Kansas at the Listeners appreciation show

The 2013 KFDI Listener Appreciation show presents
    Thompson Square
    7:00 pm Friday, April 18, 2014
    Charles Koch Arena at W-S-U!
    With Special Guests the Swon Brothers from The Voice! A
    And new country sensation Lindsay Ell
    A FREE concert to say "Thanks" to KFDI's listeners for their support.

WHEN?
    Friday, April 18, 2014
    Doors open first for those with Handicapped reserved seats (at about 5pm), then Early Bird Tickets, then General Admission. Show time is 7pm.

WHERE?
    Charles Koch Arena on the campus of Wichita State University at 21st & Hillside, Wichita.
    Map

TICKETS
    Free Tickets are available at various sponsor locations around the KFDI listening area, while supplies last.

Handicap tickets are available at the KFDI Studios, 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd, Wichita. Offices are open Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00pm.

Listener Appreciation Show General Information - KFDI
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Are you going Tapper? If so, report back with details and photos if possible. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast