+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 12/16-12/17 The Voice 5: FINALE Performance and Results

FORT Regular

Re: 12/16-12/17 The Voice 5: FINALE Performance and Results

That was quite an entertaining finale. I love, love Adam's duets with Tessane and Will. The little reggae twist of Let It Be in the end was just lovely. Tessane's rendition of "I Have Nothing" left me speechless. What amazing vocals, controlled yet powerful. I also quite enjoyed Will's "Everything I Do, I Do It For You". I would be very happy to see either of them win. I predict that both of them will have an amazing career ahead of them. They needed the exposure and they got it. They are two different types of artists and I am more a fan of Will's genre so I am hoping he'll get a record deal.

As for Jacquie, she was great singing Back To Back until she started screaming. And I also thought that "I Am Not Going" was too big a song for her. Jessica Sanchez who by the way was also 16 when she went to idol sang the same song and she was way better. Jessica killed that song. Don't get me wrong, Jacquie can definitely sing but she needs a lot of coaching.
    navybelle likes this.

Could someone please explain why - when a contestant reaches that shrill, screechy tone, the audience cheers and applauds? Seriously, I cringe and reach for the remote to lower the volume. And all three of these singers hit that note somewhere in their song.

Of the three, I'll take Tessanne because she's the better singer overall and better personality. I know they want it to be, and will probably manipulate it to be, Jacquie.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Oh i forgot to vote, hopefully most of u vited for Tessanne

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Could someone please explain why - when a contestant reaches that shrill, screechy tone, the audience cheers and applauds? Seriously, I cringe and reach for the remote to lower the volume. And all three of these singers hit that note somewhere in their song.

Of the three, I'll take Tessanne because she's the better singer overall and better personality. I know they want it to be, and will probably manipulate it to be, Jacquie.
    It's one of the (many) reasons I'm not a fan of Mariah Carey... to me she sounds like a seal barking in all of her songs!
    Misty8723 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Tessanne is so far ahead of the others in cumulative Itunes totals, lets hope the online, texting and phone voting show a similar trend. She's gotta win!!!!

Lady Gaga who will be performing tonight, has tweeted her support for Jacquie. Ugh, that worries me. I finally figured out what it is about Jacquie that I do not like (besides the screamo-singing) is her tone. Not pleasant at all. She did have a couple of really good performances like Love Is Blindness and Stompa but I haven't enjoyed her much at all these past few weeks. Get the girl a good team and she could make a great career for herself. She doesn't have the advantage of being a Disney kid but I could see her also acting one day. Another JHud in the making?

I cannot wait to see the rest of the top 12 tonight. Especially Matthew, Ray and of course Cole. I heard an interview last night and Cole said the kind of album he would put out would be along the lines of Let Her Go or Adorn. *SIGH* k

Quite a jam-packed show of musical guests Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, One Republic, NE YO and I think I saw Paramore tweeting about being on the show too. That's quite an impressive list of talent. Darnit! I just realized that the Top3 didn't get to sing a duet with someone other than their coach. Will they be doing that tonight? Plus we get to hear the winner sing their new single written by Ryan Tedder.

I'm sooooooooo freakin' excited for tonight! only about 7 hours to go!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Two songs by Tessanne in the top 10. 1 song each for Jacquie and Will but Will's other song made #11. Tessanne will actually wil take this. I was skeptical before until last week.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Didn't Dia get #1 on itunes back in the season 1 finale and come in second? Or did iTunes not count back then?

Celine Dion and Tessanne!!

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Celine Dion and Tessanne!!
    Tessanne's reaction to finding out she was singing with Celine was awesome. She was so moved, cried and cried, seemed almost speechless - it was sweet.

It's been great seeing many of the eliminated singers tonight, like Jonny, Cole, Caroline, Austin, even some whose names I don't remember! I really liked Will's "bring-back" group song (Wagon Wheel) a lot!
    CupidGuest and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I like any Bohemian Rhapsody performance.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast