Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Re: 11/25-11/26 The Voice 5: LIVE Performance and Results

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 11/25-11/26 The Voice 5: LIVE Performance and Results

Creating this week's own thread.

FORT Fanatic

I was underwhelmed this week. It's been over here for a few hours and I really don't remember one performance. Not a good sign.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

HEY!!!! Where is everybody?

Fave performances of the night

Tessanne
    Cole
    Matthew

James Umm. Cody Belew sang this same song at the exact same time (Top 8) and went home. Jus sayin'.

Tessanne WOW! That was a sun-shiney, beach lovin', pina colada drinkin' GOOD time! Love her reggae jam, hope to hear more of this side of her!

Caroline OK finally figured out what it is I don't like about Caroline: she reminds me too much of Giada DeLaurentis. She did alright, but that is not the kind of song for her to sing with her vocal styling.

Cole I do not care for this Vince Gill song but wow, Cole did something special with it. I really do love the tone of his voice, very sexy. I didn't have high hopes for him when I heard he was doing the song but he totally impressed me!

Matthew His tone is also very pleasant to listen to and I don't think he sounds like any other R n B artist that I've heard. Great job and once again, I thought Matthew got lost and he was on the set of DWTS.

Will Love this song and it is different to hear a guy sing it, but Will did a great job. For some reason though Will is not compelling enough as I found myself drifting off to other thoughts and that's never a good thing. Some disconnect there for sure.

Ray I can never hear this song without singing Molson Canadian. (This song was used in a Molson Canadian beer commercial) Besides that little distraction, I thought Ray did a great job with it. I do finally see why some people find him attractive, he looked really good tonight. Who knew that plaid would totally suit him? OH. Haha just realized how much plaid looks good on Blake. Is he molding Ray into his doppelganger?

Jacquie She swallowed an old lady? omg. That was hilarious. Girl loves them beltin' tunes. Sometimes she overdoes it tho, still, she has some pipes for such a young lady. Adorable as a kewpie doll, she could give Selena Gomez a run for her money.
    navybelle and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fanatic

I checked iTunes quickly. Will is at 20 and Cole is at 40. The lowest charter is Matthew and he's in the high 100s. Right now the bottom three according to iTunes are: Jacquie, Ray, Matthew. This is early in the voting however.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just watched James and Tessanne, and I don't want to wait until the end of the show before I post how brilliant I think these two were tonight.
    Punkin, Minney, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I don't understand poor Matthew....he is easily the most vocally talented singer in the competition yet he wants(?) to do songs that are chanty and can be performed by people just talking/yelling/whatever to a beat (lookin at 'artists' like you, kesha). Stick with the R&B tunes that show off your cool tone and range or epic ballads, buddy.

Will was outstanding tonight...very impressed but not sure what sort of career he could have out in the world dominated by the [mostly] young pop crap or country crossovers.

Jacquie is probably the only contestant that could actually see a BIG career out of this bunch since she has the chops, she's young and attractive AND can be molded into a pop sensation.

I'm not saying there isn't a TON of talent gracing The Voice stage but we all know that the recognizable chart toppers are mostly attractive performers who are on the lesser side of 30 (or at least got their start there and have remained active..the JTs, Christinas, etc...); now, whether many of them can actually really sing is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I checked iTunes quickly. Will is at 20 and Cole is at 40. The lowest charter is Matthew and he's in the high 100s. Right now the bottom three according to iTunes are: Jacquie, Ray, Matthew. This is early in the voting however.
    I just checked iTunes, and so far Will is ahead:

Will - 13
    Cole - 28
    James - 32
    Jacquie - 45
    Caroline - 48
    Tessanne - 57
    Ray - 88
    Matthew - 123

Best for me tonight were James, Will and Jacquie.
    Katydyd likes this.

Wow!!! The performances are so awesome tonight. I didn't like Ray and Jacqui's performance the most with Matthew a close third. They are all still good. Ray just didnt have a wow moment, Jacqui was very forced and shouty while for Matthew it was the wrong song for him and didnt showcase the tone of his voice that's making him top the charts. So last week we all thought that it's going to be Ray and Will this week but it seems that Will has taken Matthew's place in the charts.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 11-26-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I don't understand poor Matthew....he is easily the most vocally talented singer in the competition yet he wants(?) to do songs that are chanty and can be performed by people just talking/yelling/whatever to a beat (lookin at 'artists' like you, kesha). Stick with the R&B tunes that show off your cool tone and range or epic ballads, buddy.
    I think a debate is in order as to whether or not Matthew is the most vocally talented singer in the competition, but I agree with you that Xtina has done him no favors in this competition regarding song choice. If he survives this week he needs to step it up.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Gave Tessanne and Matthew 10 votes each as I wanted to see more from them compared to Ray or Jacquie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast