+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 11/4-11/5 11/7 The Voice 5: Live Rounds

FORT Newbie

Re: 11/4-11/5 11/7 The Voice 5: Live Rounds

Off the top off my head it looks like no one downloaded the I will Survive or Wasted Tears songs?

Also something about Kat just bugs me. I do love Caroline.
    Uncle David likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I find Kat kind of attractive.

And her song choice, was one Macklemore samples. I didn't know it was an actual sample. Like it.

I'm okay that no one really appeals to me yet. That way I won't get frustrated if they are sent home.

I'm just not very impressed. Most are okay, above average even, but some are really off IMO. It's difficult to listen to the entire song. Maybe they can't hear themselves.

I was going to root for Kat, since she's from my town of Raleigh, NC, but I can't do it. I don't particularly care for her her voice. I'm not sure where all the compliements are coming from. She's sounds average to me. And her personality seems fake to me. She's not very personable, though she tries very hard.
    Uncle David likes this.

I think Amber and Tamara are better singers than Kat but they will be cut because their song choices were really bad. If Simon were one of the judges, he would have ripped a big one on Amber and a slight one on Tamara. It's all about the song choice, Grey is also nowhere to be found in the top 200.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Can I just say that Tamara is smoking' hot! Wasn't her best, but she looked great!

I always feel like Indie contestants are just wannabes of current and past artists. For me, Caroline is different. She really is a little gem.
    (I wrote this BEFORE Adam's critique)

I hate the thought that Xtina might win this season, but Mathew is going to be hard to beat. He is the complete package.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'll just expect the worst tomorrow. All my favorites will be eliminated at the same time and there will be a twist that keeps all of Blake's members intact.

This way I won't be surprised and pissed off at my hatred towards the public and their hatred towards me.

Well I'll be pissed off. But hopefully not surprised.
    Who are your faves this year Johnny? If you are a fan of Nick, Tamara, Amber or Grey then you probably be disappointed, but other than those 4 you should be good to go.

If Blake chooses Shelbie to go on tomorrow night, I will be pissed off. She has not charted well, and the 3 guys are creating the most buzz and selling/charting high. I know he will hate having the only country girl on another team but get over it. And that will only be true if Christina keeps Olivia. If she gets rid of Olivia and he gets rid of Shelbie, no country this year.

I am surprised at how well Ray has been doing. He was an invisible man at the beginning, through the BR's and just started some chatter with his KO and is gaining more momentum. He's charting fairly well and there is quiet chatter about him on social media. That makes me so happy. Ray, Cole and Austin better be Blake's team after tomorrow, because Shelbie is just cannon fodder right now.

I think it will go like this:

Team Blake

Cole and Ray will be voted through. Blake will have to choose between Shelbie and Austin. If Nick gets the votes, that will be a travesty.

Team Adam

Tessane and James will be voted through. Adam will have to choose between Will and Preston. I prefer Preston and Adam let Will go once already but I could see why he *might* wanna take a chance on him again.

Team CeeLo

Caroline and Jonny voted through. CeeLo has to choose between Kat, Tamara and Amber.

Team Christina

Jacquie and Matthew voted through. Christina has to choose between Josh, Olivia and Stephanie.

ETA: Each performance is 2 mins and 15 seconds. 10 performers. 2 hours. Gawd that is way too many commercials and fillers.
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 11-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

the ONLY performance I did not like was Grey's I FF through it on my tivo I think she is the weakest one on Adams team...

so my picks are:

Adam: Tessanee James and Preston
    Blake: Cole Shelbie and Ray
    Christina: Matthew, Jacquie and Stephanie
    CeeLo: Caroline, Johnny and Tamara

I told my husband this is the first season I can almost see each coach having one them standing at the end of the show....I hope it's true not that would be awesome!
    JunkieGirl and CupidGuest like this.

"I Will Survive" is a great song, but it really is the typical karaoke song, isn't it?

So I'm not a fan of it being used as a song choice on the show.

RESULTS

Team Blake

In: Austin / Cole

Blake saves Ray

Shelbie Z and Nic are out
    JunkieGirl and Jaceegirl like this.

Team Cee Lo

In: Caroline / Jonny