+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 6/17-6/18 Live Finals **SPOILERS**

Re: 6/17-6/18 Live Finals **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    not a real shocker as a finale....oh well hopefully next season will be better.
    I thought this was their best season yet.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I don't know, but my 10 year old son asked me if "IT" was a boy or girl... I laughed pretty hard at that. Then when I told him how old she was he thought maybe that was why her voice was so low like a mans.
    My husband said she looked like Ru Paul. I really liked her when she was with Sonny and after that in her solo career for awhile, but now it's just sad seeing her try so hard to look and act like the young people. Can't anyone age gracefully anymore?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Great finale show, even though the Swon brothers didn't win, the show was still a great watch.

Loved the bro-mances. Maybe Blake and Adam should do a cross over song. There seems to be a lot of that going around these days.
    Usher looked like a kid in a candy store watching the performances. He was really enjoying them. Cute
    Loved, loved, loved Bob Segar and The Swon Brothers doing Night Moves. Bob Segar has still got it after all these years. I used to have that album (yes I said album ) when it came out. Now I am wondering where it went, hummm.
    The Adam/Blake bromance is a take on the Simon/Paula love/hate relationship on AI of yesteryears. Its also a play on the gay verbal exchanges of Simon and Ryan but done more amiably. However, its more entertaining and it seems a lot of people love seeing those two guys getting it on...LOL
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 06-19-2013 at 09:31 PM.

the only thing good about the finale was the bromance bit and the final confessionals -- thank goodness for tivo the two hours was over in two minutes for me.

I watched it again last night. Not much on tv unless you want tennis or college baseball. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched it again last night. Not much on tv unless you want tennis or college baseball. lol
    Or STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Ugh, I forgot to record it lol. Oops.

We all knew Danielle was going to win, Blake decreed it and so it came to pass. LOL. I actually love this show, it is by far my favorite show of this type. It's because of the judges, the talent comes a distant second so I really sort of don't care who wins.

Just keep entertaining me with awesome judges....speaking of judges.....I'm not all that excited about having Christina back next year. I love CeeLo and Usher so I'm fine with either one but I really wanted to never see Christina ever again. Blergh.

At least they will be trading off each season with Usher/Shakira back in season 6.

I also thought this was their best season so far, I was super excited to see the screechers voted off so quickly. It's what I loathe about that other show. I also thought that while it was country heavy (country fans are not only loyal but they buy things, so it's no surprise that those types of singers do so well on these shows) that there was a good mix this year.

Oh and Adam played a dumb game, he should have let Amber stay in the country wheel house instead of trying to force her into something he liked. She would have made it further, if he'd allowed her to stay country.

Finally, I didn't think the Swon Brothers were all that special. They were good but there were better acts on this season. Oh well, it's what the voters wanted and since I don't vote, lol....I really have nothing to complain about other than great season and very entertaining and can't wait till season 6 when Usher/Shakira return.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-21-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Regular

I probably won't even bother watching next season as Christina irritates the **** out of me and Cee Lo is kind of creepy too...Usher and Shakira ROCKED it - glad they're coming back - THAT season I'll watch again!
    sunshine3331 and tapper01 like this.

NBC has really shown how out of touch they are by bringing back Ceelo and Christina, when they are on such a high note with the four from this season. They need to ride this wave to next season.

They are going to blow it with going back to those others. IMO, if Usher and Shakira were available, they should have paid them whatever they had to get them back next season, AND if NBC already had a contract with Ceelo and Christina to return, then they should have let it go. PAY them the money anyway, but don't use them. It would cost money up front, but it would save the show and make a bunch of difference in keeping the positive momentum going from this season.

Well said, Debb70, hopefully next year is such a disaster that they run and beg Usher/Shakira to come back. How can any viewer be happy to see the return of Nasty Xtina and Creepy CeeLo (I like CeeLo but have to agree that he is very creepy)?

Then there is the fact that neither of them ever seemed all that interested in developing the talent. Instead they seemed to just want to further their own careers/agendas.

Shakira/Usher seemed to really care about these contestants but more than that? I loved seeing how they really were mentors. They helped their contestants and guided them to improve their stage performances and singing.
    NCLurker, sunshine3331 and Debb70 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread