+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

Re: 6/10-6/11 Semi Finals (Live Top 5) **Spoilers**

I am listening to Terricus now! (Behind as watching on DVR). Yay! Love his single. Reminds me of Mark Wahlberg in RockStar.

The swons . Michelle
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Swons are in. Well, surprise surprise.

I bet they finish 3rd.
    The Swons had a game-changing performance last night. Plus, they remain the only males. They have the momentum...let's see if they can keep it up next week. Should be interesting.
    Misty8723 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    The Swons had a game-changing performance last night. Plus, they remain the only males. They have the momentum...let's see if they can keep it up next week. Should be interesting.
    I think the Swons had a game-changing performance when they sang Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes waaay back when. Maybe top 8 week? Ever since then they had the momentum and it kept a rollin', rollin', rollin'. I am happy they are through, but sad for Amber. Next week Swons and Danielle will be splitting votes which could work out in Michelle's favor.

Don't understand why they announced Michelle safe first and not Danielle. That kinda cut the suspense.

Enjoyed all the new singles by Terry, Nicholas and even Tony's. Interesting that Fall Out Boy was performing tonight because Cassadee's band used to open for them.

Missed Terry's sense of humor. And loved Carson's Terrrry in a Scottish accent. Wonder how long that took to rehearse?

Confessional was hilarious as always. Whoever said that Blake sounds like Santa was spot on! I never made that connection before. Everytime I hear Blake laugh, I laugh and smile. My happy place.

Hopefully Amber gets some kind of deal, I'd love to hear what she can do. Everybody underestimated her I think. She just needs the right music/people to have a decent career. She has a wonderful, haunting emotional voice. Stay, Sad and Skyfall were my faves, listened to over and over. Her mom would be so proud!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Loved the whole hour. Terry, Nicholas and Tony were great. It was great seeing them all on stage again. I really enjoyed all their performances (loved their songs) and wish them the best of luck. I am completely happy with the three that made it to the finals. I agree the Swon Brothers were fantastic last night and imo they have shown such growth in this competition. Danielle is only 16 years old and imo she will go very far in the country world. Her talent, maturity and confidence is amazing to me. Michelle as well is very talented, quirky and just loves being who she is.

Amber and Sasha are very talented artists as well and I believe it was Sasha who said she hoped doors would be opened and that is all one can hope for. As we have seen many times over you don't have to be a winner of these shows to go on and have successful careers. I believe a lot of it is exposure that any of these shows give to you. The right person may see you and an opportunity may come from it. As some of us discussed up thread I believe Adam may have made a wrong decision in not keeping Amber country to develop a fan base, but he had his own reasons for believing as he did.

I know not everyone loves country and likes to put it down, but all you have to do is watch some of these award shows and see how many artists from different genres cross over to appear on these shows. Most of the country award shows are so packed with fans that it takes two venues in Las Vegas to hold everyone. I love all music because music brings such joy to me. I don't care what type of music you are a fan of because we are all different people with different tastes and opinions. I wouldn't put any of these artists down if they happen to perform a genre that is not my favorite. They all have more talent in the tip of their baby finger that I could ever hope to have, but I thank each and every one of them for doing what they are trying to do and that is to entertain people. I think of Nicholas from last season and when he first appeared I would never have thought that I would end up enjoying him as much as I did, and yet he did just that. Good luck to each and every one of them and just my two cents for what it's worth.
    Misty8723 and Debb70 like this.

Yay! Couldn't wait until the show aired here. This was the top 3 I was hoping for. I would love it if The Swon Brothers won, but happy no matter who wins it all.
    Misty8723 likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Sadly I missed a lot of last night due to a recording glitch of some sort, and tonight all the local stations are covering several large wildfires raging in southern Colorado.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    Isn't "Power of Love" an original Huey Lewis and The News hit from the 70's, or is that a different song?
    Squeeeee @ Huey Lewis mention! Yes, Power of Love by Huey and Jennifer/Celine very different songs.

Power Of Love Jennifer Rush

If I remember correctly Jennifer was German. So she wasn't well known on this side of the pond. I do remember her song doing very well here in Canada in 1984/85 but don't know how well she did in US.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    TERRICUS! TERRICUS! HE SHOULD HAVE WON! HE SHOULD HAVE WON!

He has a new single! Nice!
    His #1 single. He also released a 2nd on May 24th called In Your Eyes.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Swon Brothers.... oh no. I don't think they brought anything new to either of their songs last night. They were decent covers, but nothing ground-breaking in my opinion. Daniel's got this in the bag. I like Michelle also.

FORT Fanatic

Blake Shelton is a freakin' genius...and I am not a country music fan so that should say something. He set the Swon Brothers up perfectly. If any one of the other coaches had been their coach, they wouldn't be in the finale. If Blake has been Amber's coach, I feel like she would be in the finals. I think Adam was so focused on Judith that he lost interest when it was just down to one contestant.

+ Reply to Thread