Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Go team Usher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    combatcutie and dreamonia like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with much of your post, except I have read that their ratings this season have been great. In fact they did better than DWTS and AI. I'll double check.

I think Adam was just frusrated when he made his comment. He's a bit of a hot head and that's his thing. I think that perhaps some artists underestimated contestants who were outside the mold of what they expected to go far on these type of shows. He can't believe he got it wrong.

Judith was very gifted, but she lacked that certain quality that some of the other people have. I was not surprised she left at all. I wonder why Adam didn't sense that. Her performance this week was really good though. She looked as if she could not accept what was happening or she already knew and it wasn't a shock at all.

Sarah was given a lousy arrangement to do this week and no matter how the judges praised her that performance was painful, IMO. I really liked Sarah, but her voice manipulation finally caused her to leave early.

Last night I was the most impressed with Sasha and The Swon Brothers. That performance was the best any of them have done yet! They sounded great. I do worry that Sasha can stay around another week. She is like Judith in many ways.

I hope that Adam doesn't keep Amber doing non-country songs just for the sake of it. She's a great talent and should be in the finals.

I don't think the elimination was that shocking or about country perfomers. I think it's about connecting with the audition. Those who don't are going first.

Unless something really odd happens, I'm doing an early prediction for the finals. Danielle, Holly, Amber and Michelle.
    I agree with your predictions and I went to F3 with Danielle, Michelle and Amber. I also like Holly and the Swon Brothers, but don't think they will make it to the end, but you never know. I also agree with your statement regarding Adam. While he should not have said it I think Adam thought he definitely had the strongest team and I sometimes think his song choices are wrong for his team members. I think while he wants to show that Amber can sing anything I thought Blake was right when he said something about you can't keep the country out of a country artist. Not exactly his words, but something like that.

Regarding the ratings you are right that The Voice has beat both AI and DWTS for ratings this season. As an example AI had it's lowest ratings ever for their finale since the start of the show and the same with DWTS. The Voice has had the best ratings ever since the start of this show. I know not all like country music, but this is the first time that Blake has had an all country team. Country music is very popular with a lot of people and I see more and more artists cross over on these various award shows. I think the two worlds are coming together where before they were very much apart.
    Arielflies, mandmmom2 and Debb70 like this.

When I watched The Voice in previous seasons where there were no country artists, I didn't turn it off and refuse to watch because they were all non-country. I think there's room for everyone and this season's country flavor is about time.

I was watching Danielle, Holly, and Amber sing and wonder about how they would do in country right now. I think they are all three so good and yet different, that there is room in the field for them all. In fact, their voices are as good if not better than any of the current country female artists today, except for Carrie and perhaps Martina McBride. (Martina is not at the top now due to her age. Sad, but true.)

Of course, there is the it factor that comes into play. You are supposed to have star quality in addition to being a great singer, but with the right promoters behind you, it can happen with little of that.
    cubsfan55 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with much of your post, except I have read that their ratings this season have been great. In fact they did better than DWTS and AI. I'll double check.

I think Adam was just frusrated when he made his comment. He's a bit of a hot head and that's his thing. I think that perhaps some artists underestimated contestants who were outside the mold of what they expected to go far on these type of shows. He can't believe he got it wrong.

Judith was very gifted, but she lacked that certain quality that some of the other people have. I was not surprised she left at all. I wonder why Adam didn't sense that. Her performance this week was really good though. She looked as if she could not accept what was happening or she already knew and it wasn't a shock at all.

Sarah was given a lousy arrangement to do this week and no matter how the judges praised her that performance was painful, IMO. I really liked Sarah, but her voice manipulation finally caused her to leave early.

Last night I was the most impressed with Sasha and The Swon Brothers. That performance was the best any of them have done yet! They sounded great. I do worry that Sasha can stay around another week. She is like Judith in many ways.

I hope that Adam doesn't keep Amber doing non-country songs just for the sake of it. She's a great talent and should be in the finals.

I don't think the elimination was that shocking or about country perfomers. I think it's about connecting with the audition. Those who don't are going first.

Unless something really odd happens, I'm doing an early prediction for the finals. Danielle, Holly, Amber and Michelle.
    I agree with this. I thought their performance was really great and it was my fav.
    cubsfan55 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Ratings for "The Voice" dropped for the second straight week Monday with the first live show ,but it still scored the night's best 18-49 rating by a wide margin. While it beat AI and DWTS, I wonder if nice weather, and too much country turns viewers off?
    I love Ambers voice. But I have to go with Usher and Michelle.
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe all the viewers in Oklahoma who still don't have power caused the drop in ratings. Just guessing. It's still one of NBC's top shows though and their ratings this season with the country artists are higher than previous seasons.

I don't understand why the country vibe would cause people to stop watching, since the country contestants are getting the most votes. Recall a country artist won America's Got Talent a couple of seasons ago, Scotty, who's country, won AI last season and a country artist won The X Factor last season too. So, it don't see that the viewers reject country. Just the opposite. (OH, and Kree, who's country came in second on AI.)
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I guess I was speaking for myself. I don't mind country( ) but all the shows you mentioned seem to just turn that way, and I get bored.
    combatcutie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I guess I was speaking for myself. I don't mind country( ) but all the shows you mentioned seem to just turn that way, and I get bored.
    Hmmm.....maybe you have to really like country to appreciate the country flavor these artists are bringing to this type of show. I remember watching singing shows before when there were no country contestants and I never felt bored or upset that it was all rock, R&B, pop, etc. I just appreciated the parts I liked and that was it. Of couse, I like just about any kind of music.

Next season, they may not allow as many country artists through, but considering the ratings are higher this time, that might be a bad idea.

I'm enjoying this season much more than last season. I never liked Cassadee who won last season. Wasn't she country?
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Last season- I didn't like the judges, so I didn't see it . I heard her, didn't care for her. I guess I like a good voice regardless if they are country, but for me, enough is enough.I tune in now to see Usher and Shakira. Adam and Blake, meh

Because country, like always, took over.
    I agree JohnnyK , I so agree.
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah that was shocking I thought Judith Hill had a real shot at winning this i voted for her 12 times. I was really disappointed that her and Sarah were eliminated. and to be honest Im just not impressed with Michelle or the Swon Brothers cant believe they are still around. I guess i depends on what type of music/voice you like. Still hoping Danielle wins it all

+ Reply to Thread