+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Fort Member

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

So who are the judges next season?
    I knew Xtina was coming back but with CeeLo as well, does that mean Usher is not sticking around or is Blake or Adam going?

They're going back to the original four judges. Shakira and Usher are out next season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I was not surprised to see Judith leave. She doesn't need this show to establish a career. She was also a bit cool and that is never good if you depend on viewer votes. Adam's reaction was a bit arrogant. Not his words but his total shock at her leaving.

I like Michelle and have from day one. I would like to see her win this.
    JunkieGirl and cubsfan55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I thought Adam said - What's wrong with this country?!!
    Sorry, but I do kind of wonder how people could have voted off Judith Hill.
    I'm not watching next week.
    Nobody voted her off, they just didn't vote for her as much as other people. I personally think it was a combination of her already being a professional (and it shows) and the production which took the focus from her to all the other stuff going on around her. I've always figured that sort of circus was designed for the ones who can't sing so you don't realize it because something else is going on all over the place. However, I really won't miss her. All the people this season are talented and I think it all comes down to song choice and who already has a huge voting fan base. For me personally, I'd like to see Danielle / Michelle as the final two.

What I heard from Adam was "I hate this country." Which I guess he meant that they didn't vote for his people and voted for Blake's...but it was a very stupid thing to say.
    JunkieGirl, Shoepie and Jaceegirl like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

people say and do dumb things out of emotion we all do....he just so happened to have a mic nearby....I am not mad at him if that is how he feels so be it...onto next weeks episode....gonna be very interesting...
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.

I'm a country fan...but have to admit I was shocked last night. Totally shocked.

Regarding Adam's comment.....I agree that we all say things without filter in the heat of the moment but I'm also a firm believer that what is in the heart, comes out the mouth. Even if he "thought" it and didn't "say" it....still shame on him. I love this country....I'll stop now.

Anyway, I do think because of his comment that he pissed off a lot of people, especially country fans that typically don't vote and now they will. What he said could play in Blake's favor.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Adam's team was dismantled last night bottom line so I could understand his frustrations. Was it nice to say? No, but sheesh it's not the end of the world and I would continue to vote for his team this season or the following -- if I liked any of them...

If you think about it this can be a all Blake finale within a few weeks if the cards are played right....and if it does become a Blake finale I am done...I will just see who wins just by reading it online.

I can see why the ratings have stunk for this season....this is the all country version of the voice...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Grrrrrr forgot this was on. Missed it both Monday and Tuesday.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Done with this season. See you next season.
    dreamonia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    Adam's team was dismantled last night bottom line so I could understand his frustrations. Was it nice to say? No, but sheesh it's not the end of the world and I would continue to vote for his team this season or the following -- if I liked any of them...

If you think about it this can be a all Blake finale within a few weeks if the cards are played right....and if it does become a Blake finale I am done...I will just see who wins just by reading it online.

I can see why the ratings have stunk for this season....this is the all country version of the voice...
    I agree with much of your post, except I have read that their ratings this season have been great. In fact they did better than DWTS and AI. I'll double check.

I think Adam was just frusrated when he made his comment. He's a bit of a hot head and that's his thing. I think that perhaps some artists underestimated contestants who were outside the mold of what they expected to go far on these type of shows. He can't believe he got it wrong.

Judith was very gifted, but she lacked that certain quality that some of the other people have. I was not surprised she left at all. I wonder why Adam didn't sense that. Her performance this week was really good though. She looked as if she could not accept what was happening or she already knew and it wasn't a shock at all.

Sarah was given a lousy arrangement to do this week and no matter how the judges praised her that performance was painful, IMO. I really liked Sarah, but her voice manipulation finally caused her to leave early.

Last night I was the most impressed with Sasha and The Swon Brothers. That performance was the best any of them have done yet! They sounded great. I do worry that Sasha can stay around another week. She is like Judith in many ways.

I hope that Adam doesn't keep Amber doing non-country songs just for the sake of it. She's a great talent and should be in the finals.

I don't think the elimination was that shocking or about country perfomers. I think it's about connecting with the audition. Those who don't are going first.

Unless something really odd happens, I'm doing an early prediction for the finals. Danielle, Holly, Amber and Michelle.

+ Reply to Thread