+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/27-5/28- Live Top 8 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Oh, my Lord, Sweetie! This 'City Girl' doesn't even know how to get my head around that! :>0 LOL

I hear you! Hubby and I both grew up in one-stoplight towns, and brother, when we hit the big city as adults, we never looked back. We are thoroughly city people now. Or as my co-worker jokes, "I can never live in a place without a pizza delivery joint."

I am basically R&B, but like a lot of other music too (with the exceptions of Rap and Heavy Metal.) I haven't had much exposure to Country Music but love K.T. Oslin and the Dixie Chicks. I only knew Blake because I saw him on a David Foster Special singing Home with Michael Buble, the writer and original singer of the song. I loved Blake and was happy to see him on "The Voice". I've liked a lot of the Country Music sung this Season by the girls and the Swon Brothers. Could it be that the Country songs they've done are often sort of cross-over songs? While watching the OK Disaster Special Blake put on I noticed there was a lot of Country music I didn't like at all. Too twangy. Plus, aside from Blake and his wife and Reba, I really had no idea who these other Country artists were.
    That's what still turns me off about a lot of country music. At least on the radio, it seems to be a lot of twangy-voiced men singing about the glories of getting drunk and picking up loose women in a honky tonk. That's why, with rare exceptions, I prefer the female singers.

Actually, I'm an old fogey. Give me some Johnny Cash or nice bluegrass any day.

I really, really love Shakira, but despise Usher. He is so "posey" and I hate when he puts his leg up on the chair and puts that, "Ain't I just too cool?" attitude on. Blech! I'm not sure what his 'genre' is, but they don't play his music on my R&B station here. Re his duet with Blake on Home, it was awful compared to Blake and Buble's duet. And then, there's The Bieber! No forgiving Usher for that one!!!

At first I liked Usher, but by the time I left off, I disliked him. I seem to recall that in the Battle Rounds he snapped at one of his singers, when all the guy did was laugh nervously. Sheesh. That's why I laughed when I read here that his team had been wiped out.

And I will never forgive him for Bieber, either. Usher's constant referencing of how he was the one to discover that brat was another thing that turned me off about him. If I were a contestant on The Voice I would pick anybody but Usher to be my mentor (and pray I had that choice).

I had no idea who Cee Lo was until "The Voice", but grew to really like him and will be happy to see him back next Season. I'm probably the only one here who likes Christina, but even so, would prefer Shakira over her as a coach.

I had never heard of Ce-Lo, either, before this show. He really grew on me, though. I love his outlandish personality and witty remarks. And he can never go wrong with me when he brings his cat to the show.
    Punkin likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Every Tuesday, the morning hosts just slobber over Amber. She's so perfect. She's clearly the best singer on the show. This week they talked about how she had finally broken the Adele curse and obviously been the best singer on Monday. Now, true confession. I live in Texas, so of course our country radio stations are going to celebrate the home state girl. However, I can't help but wonder. If country stations around the nation are doing this, then she might be sailing to the final and even the win. And the fact that she's still in the running would make the DJ's happy, no matter what happened to the rest of Adam's team. .
    I listen to a country radio station (not in Texas) while I'm driving, and I haven't heard them pick out one over the other as better. Usually they talk about Blake and will sometimes play clips of Blake and Adam bantering. I also didn't hear any flack about what Adam said. I would think most people would be able to realize what he meant by that and just get past it. I thought it was a dumb thing for him to say with the mike live, but I never thought he meant anything other than a comment on people not voting for his contestants.
    sparklete likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

He sounded like a very sore( spoilt ) loser.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

At first I liked Usher, but by the time I left off, I disliked him. I seem to recall that in the Battle Rounds he snapped at one of his singers, when all the guy did was laugh nervously. Sheesh. That's why I laughed when I read here that his team had been wiped out.
    But it hasn't been wiped out. He has one of the best singers left in Michelle Chambeau. I am so rooting for her.
    sparklete likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    But it hasn't been wiped out. He has one of the best singers left in Michelle Chambeau. I am so rooting for her.
    I am as well
    -Andy Rooney-

I had no idea who Cee Lo was until "The Voice", but grew to really like him and will be happy to see him back next Season. I'm probably the only one here who likes Christina, but even so, would prefer Shakira over her as a coach.
    No, you are not the only one who likes Christina. I thought she was a little off last season and more argumentative then before, but I have watched since Season 1 and like both her and CeeLo. I feel like you regarding Shakira. I was not that familiar with her, but have come to love her and will miss her. I have no problem with Christina returning because she is a talented artist and gives out good advice. Regarding Usher I have gone up and down with him. I don't like Bieber at all, and I didn't care for some of the things he did that you mentioned, but then have seen him give some good coaching advice. I think the last two weeks he has seemed nicer to me, and I did think it was nice of him to go out and support Oklahoma.

Regarding the country songs that Blake's artists have performed I believe there has been a mixture of both very old and new. When Danielle performed "Grandpa" that was an old Judd's song from when the mother and daughter performed together and then later the daughter performed on her own as Wynonna. When Holly sang "Done" which is a Band Perry song that is newer. Within country there are many different styles and sounds. Some can be the twangy type you referred to and some can be what I call country rock. Some can be in the middle. Even the country artists can mix the styles on one album. The Swon Bros performed a Tom Petty song "I Won't Back Down" which is what I would call folk/rock during the battle rounds. There last performance was a Steve Young song made famous by the Eagles, "Seven Bridges Road" and the Eagles would be a rock group. That song was from 1980. I myself find that a lot of country songs could be considered what I refer to as older rock songs. Maybe that is what you mean about cross over type songs. At one time I just knew rock as rock and roll. Later I guess they called it soft rock and hard rock. I'm no expert as far as the names of what today's genres are called. I do love country music, but I don't love all of it. I guess that can be said for all genres of music. I love some Pop, but not all and the same with R&B.
    Punkin likes this.

I understand where Adam was coming from. He was frustrated and I get it. All of us have felt frustration, moreso with AI than any other show, when the public doesn't vote in the way that we think they should have. Adam is far from being a loser in anyway, shape or form. He is quite beloved from many fans, and Maroon 5 is highly successful. Not sure how anyone could perceive him as a loser lol. He certainly doesn't. He was concerned with the girls on his team, not himself. His passion for the music industry is quite evident to those who are able to see it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I understand where Adam was coming from. He was frustrated and I get it. All of us have felt frustration, moreso with AI than any other show, when the public doesn't vote in the way that we think they should have. Adam is far from being a loser in anyway, shape or form. He is quite beloved from many fans, and Maroon 5 is highly successful. Not sure how anyone could perceive him as a loser lol. He certainly doesn't. He was concerned with the girls on his team, not himself. His passion for the music industry is quite evident to those who are able to see it.
    His comment made me think loser. I don't give him a pass, and I like
    Maroon 5.Lots of people have passion, but they don't say dumb things
    Babbred likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    His comment made me think loser. I don't give him a pass, and I like
    Maroon 5.Lots of people have passion, but they don't say dumb things

And plenty of people do. It's called being human.

Adam is no loser, and I don't think any lesser of him for being human and making a mistake. He's apologized for it and he clearly does love his country. Those who live in glass houses and all...
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    And plenty of people do. It's called being human.

Adam is no loser, and I don't think any lesser of him for being human and making a mistake. He's apologized for it and he clearly does love his country. Those who live in glass houses and all...
    Not on TV they don't. I get you are a fan, if someone else did it you didn't care for, you might think differently.We will have to agree to disagree.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread