+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 5/20-5/21- Live Top 10 **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/20-5/21- Live Top 10 **SPOILERS**

I like all genre's of music so it doesn't matter to me who wins based off thier genre. But I have to say that I just don't like anyone on Usher's or Sharika's team. I think they both choose badly in the battle rounds and knock out rounds.

They all have good voices. Some are great! But I think the top 4 will be two from Blake's team (Danielle and Holly) and two from Adama's team (Sarah and Amber)....I think I got their names right (awful with remembering names).
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I just don't get Sarah!
    I don't get Sarah either. I hated her performance this week.
    Karey

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Judith has a terrific voice, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. She always (IMO) looks so smug, kind of like she has this in the bag. I am seriously rooting for Michelle
    Shoepie and cubsfan55 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Last night, Danielle was the only one in itunes top ten at #10. I bought Michelle's performance finding I preferred it to Pink's more bouncy version. It was interesting that Pharrel told Michelle not to bounce the lyrics like she had been doing, but to smooth them out. Much better.

I won't see the results show until it goes up On Demand today, but next week, my watch/record straightens out with all the finales taking place for other shows and I won't be a day late and a vote short.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    The Swon Brothers.... again? Ugh. I just don't get it!

I love Danielle, Judith and Sarah. Also like Amber. Is the Voice going for a female winner this year too?
    I get the Swon Brothers, they've really grown on me and I'm glad they're still there.

It does appear they had weak men on this show too, what is up with that. All women left except the Swon Brothers? I like the ladies, but I like a little diversity and male voices too.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Judith has a terrific voice, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. She always (IMO) looks so smug, kind of like she has this in the bag. I am seriously rooting for Michelle
    I agree. Michelle is has been my favorite from the start. She stands out in the crowd. The other women are all a blur to me except Judith and I agree with you on her, too.

Okay, I guess I should just shut up about the Swon Brothers. How are they staying on that show? I don't get it. I love country music and listen to it a lot. Their version of How Country Feels was a perfect demonstration of their weak vocals. Uhhh....it's so frustating. They did sound pretty good in the group song last night, but that was because of the girls voices and all the instuments.

I was not sad to see Josiah go. He was weak from the beginning and I don't undertand why Usher picked him. I don't get it all.

I was sad to see Chris go. He has a great voice. I wish he could have stayed around much longer.

Did you see that look that Usher gave Shakira at the end when both of them lost another member?

I'm still not feeling Judith or Sasha. They have great voices, but I just don't feel them.

I thought Amber carried them in the girls group number.

I just like the Swon Brothers because they're fun and different from all the girl voices. It's not that I think they have great vocals, but then neither do a large percentage of what I hear on country radio these days - especially the men. They're just fun to watch. I don't watch these shows analyzing the vocal performances because I'm not musically trained and I don't have an ear for it. I know what I like and what I don't like, and that's about it. When I hear something that makes me cringe and everyone else is giving them a standing O -- or I hear something that I think sounds incredible and everyone else says it's terrible, I figure there's no way I'm every going to get the technicalities. So, I just go by performances that I enjoy and leave it at that. Mind you, I'm not saying I think the Swons should win or probably even stick around much longer, but of the three they had standing there at the end, I prefer the brothers. Chris might have a good voice, but R&B rubs me the wrong way (like country does a lot of people I guess), and Josiah wasn't that entertaining to me.

At least some of the women are being given non-ballad songs so hopefully it won't get as tedious as Idol was this year when all we have are women left.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    In my opinion, all of the contestants are talented. Lord knows on their worst day they sing better than I could ever hope to, the difference seems to be song choice. Blake and Adam are picking out better songs for their team. I love Shakira, but I think she has picked some questionable songs all season. I called this one last night with Kris and Josiah. It will be interesting to see how is shakes out when it's just Team Blake and Team Adam left standing, which I see happening.
    I'm thinking Michelle has a chance to stick around and I hope she does. She is probably my favorite at the moment.
    combatcutie likes this.

Misty8723, I get what you're saying about the Swon Brothers. Sometimes you just get a feeling that you like something and that's enough. I get that. Apparently, others share your view, because they're still there! lol You certainly have a right to your favorite. I'll give them another chance. I guess that I may be setting the bar too high. I am comparing their voices to people like Randy Houser, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, Josh Turner, etc. These guys have strong, distinctive voices. However, there are some country males artists who don't have strong vocals, such as Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Florida-Georgia Line, etc.

+ Reply to Thread