+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I know that it is difficult to watch these "reality" shows without drawing conclusions about the contestants, but I think we tend to judge these folks based on an edited version and our own preconceptions about people in general without benefit of first hand knowledge. This doesn't necessarily make for a fair or accurate assessment of who they are. Might there be some truth to what we think we are seeing? Of course, but without actually hearing reports of Diva-like behavior from those with whom these contestants are actually living this show with, I just can't see it. We are all different and handle things differently. Yes, Judith has had success and yes she seems more reserved and not necessarily as "engaged" with the others on a personal level as some of the others, but that could be attributed to her being more mature, or more introverted, or more lots of things that have nothing to do with being Diva-like. I'm not saying she isn't a Diva, I am saying there isn't evidence to support that at this point and just thinking that is what one is perceiving it isn't evidence.
    We are now watching the live shows, not much editing to be done, and I do get what you are saying. All of us commenting whether it be singing, diva like behaviour, fashion choices or hair do's is just that. Commenting and giving our opinions, not a fair and accurate description of a person on a nationally television reality show. What's wrong with diva it's not an insult, it is what it is. Divas don't get that term applied to them for being a wall-flower or an ordinary plain old Jane they earn it! LOL

I don't agree with her being more mature or more introverted and that is why she doesn't "engage" with the audience or her competition. If that were true, then that just bolsters my theory on why she hasn't made it to the big time even with her phenomenal vocal ability and the connections she must have in the 'biz. It's not enough to have the talent or looks there has to be something about the singer that draws the audience/listener in. That so called intangible--the IT factor. Can it be learned? Sure, I think it can. Judith worked with Michael Jackson, if she hadn't learned it by now......interesting, huh?
    Shoepie likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

It's not just Judith. There are others that I don't care for either. I didn't really notice any Diva stuff, such as hugging, etc. with Judith. Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention. I was distracted by her hairstyle. IMO, it was too much a blast from the past. Reminded me of Thelma on Good Times. Perhaps it's fashionable and I didn't get the memo.

I find that often my favorites and least favorites come from some intangible factor. Sometimes, I can't put my finger on it. Judith has great vocals, sang a great song, plays an instrument, and is pretty. I still have no interest in her staying. I don't dislike her at this point, but I wouldn't mind her leaving at all.
    chompstick and Shoepie like this.

I just want this season to be over already and let them find their country superstar so we can get back to regular programming....
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I don't hate country, but sometimes these shows make me sick of it.

I actually like country and wonder if the majority of winners from all these different singing shows who have had country artists as their winners have not gone on to have the best success. Makes me wonder if other genres of music are harder to be truly successful these days. Just a thought. I know AI just had a non country artist win and we will have to see what happens with her.
    NCLurker likes this.

I wonder if country is something you have to experience to appreciate. I am from the south and country music is just something you are born into. You hear it as child, you associate it with some many things in life. The current country music is not something we just hear, but we feel it because it's about who we really are. (I love other types of music too.)

A current song that best describes country music, IMO, is How Country Feels by Randy Houser. I'm not allowed to post the link here, but you can view it on you tube. Every word is true. Check it out. It you don't feel it, country music may not be for you.

I just got word that You tube links are allowed, so I'm adding it for the How Country Feels. It's just about the best way to explain country music to people who don't like or can't relate.
    Randy Houser - How Country Feels - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, I don't hate country, but sometimes these shows make me sick of it.
    I agree with you.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It would be unfair to say I don't like Country music is it the first music I turn on no....it's all right and there are some really great singers and songs in the country music scene!

I just feel bad for anyone of this seasons voice because a rock/pop singer most likely will not be the winner most likely gonna be Danielle calling it now.

Danielle is so very good, but so are some others, IMO. With those great vocals, it may come down to personality and who the camera loves the most, although, it looks like many of the contestants are pretty comfortable in front of the camera.

+ Reply to Thread