+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/13-5/14- Live Top 12 **SPOILERS**

ok. I know this is everyone's favorite show in the universe, and I like it too, but .... I'm watching tonight's show and am pretty bored. They are all good singers but nothing unique or interesting.

I will say this though, I think I've developed a crush on Usher. I don't know anything about him or his music and physically there is something about his face that is not at all attractive to me, but, man. That guy is a piece of work....kind, dignified, and he truly seems to care and work hard with the contestants. He is one class act.

I'll watch to support him.

IMO, Judith hill has two strikes against her: She's 28 and she doesn't show a lot of vulnerability in her singing. People are suckers for a vulnerable performance, especially when it's delivered by a younger person.
    dbdoll likes this.

Team Shakira

Kris T- "I'll be there"

This is in his wheel house. For sure.

Hmm, maybe I was wrong. That wasn't his best.

Team Adam

Amber- "I'm gonna love you through it"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The Story! Oh yes, I love this song! The Sara Ramirez version from Grey's Anatomy. (I bawl like a baby everytime I hear it.) Also love Sarah's voice but what is she doing? Too much going on, it's just okay but had higher expectations.

Wow Swon Brothers! Very nice tribute to George Jones, they sounded lovely.

Danielle and Amber are my fave country singers to come out of this show.

Josiah sounded good too. Did not like Sasha's version of Alone.

Michelle is so adorkable!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Team Blake

Swon Brothers- "whose gonna fill your shoes?"
    I really enjoyed the Swon Brothers, and just for the record, the song is Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes. Very nice tribute to George Jones and I love that song.
    football_chick likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I just voted online. There's still time left if you want. Keeping the voting open until the next morning is such a great idea.

I actually enjoyed the performances last night for the most part. There were a few I didn't get.

My favorites were Danielle, Amber and Holly. I voted for all three of them.
    They all have great voices, but Danielle has more of the "it" factor, IMO. That will take her far.

I'm disappointed that Adam did not explain to Sarah that her attempts to manipulate her voice are ruining her performances. She can sing the song, but she messes it up trying to put a special spin on her voice. It's so annoying. Why doesn't she get it? She didn't do that in her blind audition and was great. I'm done with her. I didn't give her any votes today.

I wasn't as impressed with Michelle as last week. That song was so ordinary. I hope she didn't slip in votes. I really like her.

I think my least favorite were Sasha and Josiah. Josiah's vocals were his best yet, but his expressions annoy me. I wish he was as attractive as he thinks he is.

Sasha's delivery was just off. I love that song, but it was not a good arrangement. I think I see why she has not made it in the business. There's something not appealing. Even though she was crying and emotional, it seemed fake. She seemed near an emotional breakdown 3 seconds into the song. Why? I don't buy it. I do think she may better suited for the theatre.

I'll do my predictions again this week. Last week I got half right. This week two are going home no matter which team they are on. I take that to mean TWO total are going home. I'll go out on a limb and say that the bottom will be The Swon Brothers, Josiah and Sarah. Josiah will stay and the others will go home.

FORT Fogey

Judith and Danielle were top 2 for me.

I agree that Danielle was super good. She's my favorite, but Holly and Amber are almost as good. Her personality is just so appealing.

Judith is a very good singer, but there's something that just doesn't get me. I love the song she sang last night. I'm not sure what it is. Too perfect maybe?

+ Reply to Thread