+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 5/6 - 5/8- Live Playoffs **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/6 - 5/8- Live Playoffs **SPOILERS**

Thanks for the info on Itunes, but I don't get Caroline or Josiah at all. I'm shocked. I was totally thinking she would go home from Blake's team first.

And I thought that Josiah would be the first to go from Usher's. I think that Usher believes the guy is much more attractive, than he really is. I felt sorry for him in his performance.

Poor Judith. She must be very disappointed. She's not my kind of singer, but think she's good.

up to date itunes:

amber (stay)- 18
    Michelle (true colors)- 30
    sarah s (angel)- 32
    Carolina (a team)- 36
    judith hill (feeling good)-88

Sarah currently has 3 songs in the top 200 and caroline has 2...they are for sure in

So team wise:
    ADAM:
    Sarah (3 in top 200, current number 32)
    Amber (current number 18..thats top 20 and HUGE)
    Caroline (2 in top 200 and current 36)
    Going home- Judith

Usher:
    Michelle
    Vedo
    Josiah or Cathia going home

The top 2 vote/sells are automatically through and then the coach picks the 3rd. I imagine TPTB will instruct Adam to keep Caroline over Judith as she is bringing in more revenue from itunes.
    People can say all they want about their call-in votes counting but I guarantee if they are making tons of money on one artist in itunes sales and substantially less on another I know who will be staying...

also--I think Judith is good but the other 3 gals are far more enjoyable (maybe even better as I don't think Judith is all that and shes certainly not to the level of "diva") and will likely reach a broader obvious in terms of the type of records they would make...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    up to date itunes:

amber (stay)- 18
    Michelle (true colors)- 30
    sarah s (angel)- 32
    Carolina (a team)- 36
    judith hill (feeling good)-88

Sarah currently has 3 songs in the top 200 and caroline has 2...they are for sure in

So team wise:
    ADAM:
    Sarah (3 in top 200, current number 32)
    Amber (current number 18..thats top 20 and HUGE)
    Caroline (2 in top 200 and current 36)
    Going home- Judith

Usher:
    Michelle
    Vedo
    Josiah or Cathia going home

The top 2 vote/sells are automatically through and then the coach picks the 3rd. I imagine TPTB will instruct Adam to keep Caroline over Judith as she is bringing in more revenue from itunes.
    People can say all they want about their call-in votes counting but I guarantee if they are making tons of money on one artist in itunes sales and substantially less on another I know who will be staying...

also--I think Judith is good but the other 3 gals are far more enjoyable (maybe even better as I don't think Judith is all that and shes certainly not to the level of "diva") and will likely reach a broader obvious in terms of the type of records they would make...
    If Adam really wants to win this, he will let Judith go. iTunes votes should weigh heavily because they equate to buyers. Buyers who will purchase future songs. While Judith has the best voice, people don't relate to her. She turns them off. Caroline will sell to the college-aged market. I am happy to see Michelle's song so high on the iTunes charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Same here, and since I've never heard that song I still have no idea what it's about. I may have to look it up though.
    It's about a young woman's battle with addiction (to crack cocaine which is considered a "class A" drug hence "A" team); she also dies at the end of the song. He was inspired by his work at a homeless shelter when he was in his teens. The song and lyrics are pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Team Usher

Vedot- "Against all odds" Phil Collins

He's never heard of Phil Collins before.
    Gahhhh! ~Head.Desk~

Perhaps he's heard of Phil Collins' daughter Lily. (The daughter in The Blind Side and Snow White in Julia Roberts' movie Mirror, Mirror.)
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    It's about a young woman's battle with addiction (to crack cocaine which is considered a "class A" drug hence "A" team); she also dies at the end of the song. He was inspired by his work at a homeless shelter when he was in his teens. The song and lyrics are pretty amazing.
    I looked them up. It reads like poetry.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I've never heard of Phil Collins either. Wasn't he that guy who covered Mariah Carey's "Against All Odds"?

I'm just kidding.

I know Judith Hill's previous experience as a back-up singer, not to mention her singing at Michael Jackson's funeral, has been discussed here.

However, has there been any chatter about her part in the movie "Twenty Feet From Stardom"?
    It was a documentary released earlier this year.

From IMDb:
    "Backup singers live in a world that lies just beyond the spotlight. Their voices bring harmony to the biggest bands in popular music, but we've had no idea these singers are or what lives they lead, until now."
    For the record, she has quite the resume on IMDb.

I agree with a few others.
    Obviously she's talented, but she IS a Diva -- and as was said by someone else, not in a good way.
    I also hope she does not go far, but this would certainly be The Voice's prime person to become famous after winning and give them the same cred as AI has gotten after Kelly, Carrie, Clay, Daughtry, Jennifer, Adam, Fantasia, etc., etc.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Karaoke is always "goodbad" fun. Of course Blake would choose that.

I would so rather cut this show to 1h30min and skip the group numbers. They're never my favourite.

+ Reply to Thread