+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The Voice Knockout Round 4/29 and 4/30 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice Knockout Round 4/29 and 4/30 ***Spoilers***

No, Blake, it was NOT the best knock-out round! Not by a mile! They're laying it on thick tonight.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Shame on you, Shakira, for agreeing with Blake.

Sasha wins. Big...friggin'...surprise again.

I'll watch tomorrow night to see what happens to my raspy male singers. They go, I go.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    No, Blake, it was NOT the best knock-out round! Not by a mile! They're laying it on thick tonight.

Just wanted to add: but they can't fool the fans. We know real talent, and it's going out the door.
    jucamer likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The knockouts seemed kinda sedate compared to Battle Rounds, especially after last week. Many awesome performances though. #TeamAdam is very strong!

My two fave performances were Sasha Allen and Sarah Simmons, with the edge to Sarah. Was it just me or did Sasha have bitch-face going on? I'm not sure if she was in character or if that is what she is really like. Yet, there was one moment where she looked directly at the camera while singing and it was like, WOW! Star power potential.

Kris Thomas vs. Mary Miranda. I thought the song choice would be a total disaster for Mary, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Garrett vs. Tawnya Tawnya could have sang Disco Duck and I would have picked her over
    Garrett.

Amy vs Carolyn Great effort by Amy, but Carolyn was consistent throughout. Carolyn's audition song Tiny Dancer has finally fallen out of the Top 200. She was still in there until at least Tuesday.

Amber vs. Midas Whale Amber won that by a mile. Why did Midas Whale choose that song/arrangement? Did not enjoy that at all.

Karina vs Monique The long straight hair and conservative clothing didn't work for Monique. I want that crazy hairstyle/outfit similar to her audition! Sad that she went home.

Judith vs Orlando No contest.

Although Shawna P has a good voice, that song needed her gritty voice. Shakira made a mistake on that one. I could hear better control so that's a good thing.
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 04-29-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Regular

I've always found myself more inclined towards Team Adam through the seasons, so it's sad for me to see his members go. Last season I was utterly disappointed when Bryan, Melanie (whom I adore) and Amanda were eliminated before Cassadee Poop (whom I detest) and that arrogant Ceelo team member (Travis?) so I didn't even bother watching the last few episodes. I think another problem is that Adam always seems to build the strongest team, or members with many likeable/interesting/quirky characteristics during blind auditions, so it's difficult for him to pair teams without someone I like inevitably dismissed early. Last week, I was sad to see Patrick and Big Mike leave, and this week, I was sad that Warren and Midas Whale had to go, but ultimately, I think Adam went with his head rather than his heart, and there's no denying that the talent on his team is a force to reckon with (and I do like all four remaining girls on his team, though I'm strongly reminded of AI with the heavy lack of male testerones).

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Tawnya singing "Hell on Wheels."
    That's "Hell on Heels," originally sung by the Pistol Annies, a trio featuring Miranda Lambert.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

It seems they're going the AI route and giving us nothing but girls. Like others on this board, I was so disappointed to see Midas Whale not chosen, but I was not surprised. For myself personally, I don't care what kind of range a person has, if they can belt the high notes flawlessly, if they were somebody's backup singer, if they have a sob story they can drag out - I just want to be entertained. So far most of those last night didn't entertain me, but Midas Whale did. Hopefully I can find someone from the teams tonight to get behind.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I just knew that Midas Whale was going to be a great force in the competetion this season. How disappointing. However, Adam had to want them out of there or he would not have paired them against that girl. She's awesome and by comparison, he had to keep her. He knew that. Go figure.

I'm shocked at how much I'm not liking someone I really liked in the blind auditions. I just loved Sasha in that performance, but haven't been that wild about her since. In fact, she was so fake looking last night. I couldn't force myself to watch more than a few of her first lines. I hope she got better and I have heard she won. How can she have all that experience yet be so fake and stiff?

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Was so happy to see Caroline advance. She is a doppleganger in looks to Sabrina Soto, a host on HGTV. When she wears her glasses it is even more striking.

Sad about Midas Whale...maybe if they had stuck to quirky.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I thought it was okay. I didn't agree with all of the judge's picks. Can't wait to see tonight. I think it will be more interesting with the artists that are left
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread