+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: April 15 and 16 Battle Round ****Spoilers****

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: April 15 and 16 Battle Round ****Spoilers****

"Deliciously contradictory!" Gawd how I've come to love Shakira!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Probably.

Only Shakira has used all of hers so far. But yes, once the judges all use their steals, if there are any battles left then good singers could go home. Early in this episode Shakira explained that's why she didn't steal a particular singer. At that point she had one steal left and so she was saving it for somebody spectacular. I'm glad she waited.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Help me out - how do you steal an arrangement? Don't people do that all the time on voice competition shows?
    The only time that would bother me is if the person was trying to take credit from an arrangement that someone else had done. Otherwise, who really cares?
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Missed the first 30 minutes b/c I forgot it was on None of the guys really blew me away. Best battle of the night was definitely Judith and Karina. I really like both. I hope Shakira can work on Karina's bouncing/shrugging of her shoulders while she sings. It is very distracting.

I am loving the connection between all 4 judges, but especially Blake and Adam
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I like Shasha too, however, she was better in the blind audition. Something about the song last ngiht was not right for her. It was like she was trying too hard or oversinging. (I hear that phrase used a lot on these shows when describing people with great voices. lol) And something about her personality seemed awkward. Yes, I know they are nervous, but it was just something about her that seemed like she wanted to say something, but was holding it back. I find that annoying. I hope Shakira can help her, because I do like her voice and think she could do a lot. It' obvious that she dislikes Usher. I wonder what that is about. She also needs to loosen up and look less formal. She sort of reminds me of the lady on Adan's team last year that went pretty far. She had a great voice, but was too mature for this show, IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    She wants Shakira to teach her some sexy moves... so she can be a good role model for her infant?
    Her daughter was there and appeared to be 4 or 5 years old. She yelled, "mommy pick Shakira!" Many singers have kids and take them on the road with them or have good child care when they cannot. It looked like she was with her grandmother in the audience.

I had a hunch Adam was not going to choose her. She was very intense and had some dramatic moves but no genuine emotions; she was all show. Usher was stunned that she didnt choose him. That was funny to watch; his ego is huge.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-16-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Her daughter was there and appeared to be 4 or 5 years old. She yelled, "mommy pick Shakira!" Many singers have kids and take them on the road with them or have good child care when they cannot. It looked like she was with her grandmother in the audience.

I had a hunch Adam was not going to choose her. She was very intense and had some dramatic moves but no genuine emotions; she was all show. Usher was stunned that she didnt choose him. That was funny to watch; his ego is huge.
    I believe she has an infant daughter only 7 months old also.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I don't have an issue with a parent of young kids trying to make it big. Finances are hard and a win could mean a big difference in someone's ability to help support their family. I don't know the financial status of this lady, but I think she has the right to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't have an issue with a parent of young kids trying to make it big. Finances are hard and a win could mean a big difference in someone's ability to help support their family. I don't know the financial status of this lady, but I think she has the right to compete.
    Neither do I.

+ Reply to Thread