Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 4/8 and 4/9 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 4/8 and 4/9 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Grace (boots are made for walking)

Blake and Shakira turn around for her.
    bugged the heck out of me that she comes out with a guitar and strums the whole time but never puts her left hand on it to play any actual chords.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    So you enjoyed your go? LOL.

(for context, check out the commercials I hate thread in GD.)

Does it seem like the blind auditions have flown by quickly this season? The fall season felt like it dragged on a bit.

I liked Caroline (Tiny Dancer), Ryan and Sasha.

Did anyone else think the spanish singing girl looked like Selena Gomez? She's cute, but didn't like her singing. Prefer Monique from last week.

Took a quick look at Twitter and Sasha's got some big name backing. Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan and Jonathan Knight and Gabrielle Union. Mind you, Tony Lucca had Justin Timberlake and that didn't get him the win. I think this one will be sticking around for awhile, though.

I'm interested to hear more from Grace Askew. She started out OK, but then it was too, ummm, I dunno. Twangy maybe? Can't find the right word. Nice to hear These Boots Are Made For Walking too, not something I've heard on other shows.
    The fall season had 16 contestants and this one went back to 12 so that may be why it seemed to go by quicker.

One more night of auditions and then on to the battle rounds. For any that aren't aware I read that that Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott will be the mentor for Team Adam. She and Adam Levine previously collaborated on the song "Out of Goodbyes," which appeared on Maroon 5's third studio album, Hands All Over.

Team Blake has enlisted the services of Sheryl Crow, while Team Usher will have Pharrell Williams, and Team Shakira is joined by Good Charlotte's Joel Madden - who is himself a coach on the Australian version of The Voice.

I just read an article that said Xtina and CeeLo were coming back for Season 5. I hope that turns out to be untrue as as I am loving the addition of Shakira and Usher to the already fantastic IMO Blake and Adam. I wonder how that will go over since there seems to be a lot of positive feed back on Usher and Shakira.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    The fall season had 16 contestants and this one went back to 12 so that may be why it seemed to go by quicker.

One more night of auditions and then on to the battle rounds. For any that aren't aware I read that that Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott will be the mentor for Team Adam. She and Adam Levine previously collaborated on the song "Out of Goodbyes," which appeared on Maroon 5's third studio album, Hands All Over.

Team Blake has enlisted the services of Sheryl Crow, while Team Usher will have Pharrell Williams, and Team Shakira is joined by Good Charlotte's Joel Madden - who is himself a coach on the Australian version of The Voice.

I just read an article that said Xtina and CeeLo were coming back for Season 5. I hope that turns out to be untrue as as I am loving the addition of Shakira and Usher to the already fantastic IMO Blake and Adam. I wonder how that will go over since there seems to be a lot of positive feed back on Usher and Shakira.
    If that is the case then I will not be watching season 5. These 4 are so good together and I am loving the fact that I dont have to watch a stuck up witch that has a major attitude problem. To me that is not entertainment at all.
    Babbred and sparklete like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I didn't watch Season 3, and if Xtina comes back I won't watch Season 5 either.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Looks like I fell asleep after the red-dressed abandoning mom. I'll have to find it on the internet later today.
    Count your blessings!

I wish they could figure out a way that the teams could be cut down, but without having to do it like they do in the battlerounds. It's so tough to see fantastic performers go home, when those who aren't as good on other teams get to stay. And of course, the coaches will put two of their best performances against each other and one of them will have to be eliminated. It's so unfair. I'm not sure what the solution is.
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I can't imagine they would bring them back. They have had so much positive backfed on Usher and Shakira joining this season. Hope it is just a freaking rumor b/c I am enjoying the 4 judges
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post

She is seven months pregnant. This should be interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I can't imagine they would bring them back. They have had so much positive backfed on Usher and Shakira joining this season. Hope it is just a freaking rumor b/c I am enjoying the 4 judges
    I so agree with you and like I said hope it's untrue because there would be a LOT of unhappy fans since Shakira and Usher have been such great additions.

She is seven months pregnant. This should be interesting
    I know she is and I saw her perform at the ACM Awards on Sunday. It was cute when Charles Kelley (lead male singer) for Lady Antebellum patted her baby bump at the end of their performance.

Another fun fact for those who might not know is that Hillary Scott (front woman for Lady Antebellum) was rejected by AI not once, but twice. She never even made it past the preliminary rounds, never even sang for Simon Cowell and the other judges. In 2011 Hillary simply formed Lady Antebellum instead, and went on to win five Grammys that year, including Record AND Song Of The Year. No Idol has ever done that! We sometimes wonder why they don't turn their chairs arond for someone that we like, but I guess all shows make mistakes.

Hililary also co-wrote songs for other country artists like Sara Evans for "A Little Bit Stronger" and Miranda Lambert for "Suffocating" which was recorded by Blake for his 2010 EP, "All About Midnight".

Already gave the Adam connection in my previous post. I think she will do a great job on Team Adam as long as she doesn't deliver her baby early.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Last night of blind auditions!

+ Reply to Thread