+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 4/1 and 4/2 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

Re: 4/1 and 4/2 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

I'm confused. At the time they auditioned, I thought somebody here said Colton Swan (?) had previously auditioned for AI.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think of this picture (my new avatar) every time he's on... and I even cropped it a little to keep it PG.
    OH MY....love love LOVE the avatar!!! He is one sexy man
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm confused. At the time they auditioned, I thought somebody here said Colton Swan (?) had previously auditioned for AI.
    Yup, there was a Colton Swon who auditioned for AI Season 7...he did not make it into top 24....i did some googling. I did watch that season, but I just didn't remember him.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah, I happen to know these things. Colton previously auditioned and was eliminated in Hollywood, JPL finished 8th in AI3, and the Morgan Twins auditioned together in season 2 and were both eliminated in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Sam Alves (feelin good)

What a story! His parents took him in when he was little. Wow!
    Sorry I can't be here to comment on my favorite singing show when it airs, but sure do enjoy reading all your comments.

When I heard the story of this guy and then heard him sing I was in shock that no one turned around for him. He was so gracious, but I am still in shock he wasn't chosen by anyone. My first thought was I hope they have a do over, but last season they used the steal so not sure what they will do this season.

On Season 3 they had 16 contestants for the first time - up from 12 from before so just maybe they will go back and do a redo for this season. I apologize if someone brought this up after the first night's show because I haven't read the comments all the way to the end.

I need to watch the 2nd night now and don't know if we were given any more news about their plans for how they are going to work this season, but if they do a redo my vote would be for Sam Alves to be brought back in. I just love this show and really love the new judges. They really make it a top notch fun show to watch IMO.

I agree - I have a couple of people I would like to see get a second chance, Sam being one of them. I couldn't believe no one turned around either.... if the gymnast got people to turn around, he should have too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am with you on this. They know that they have expendible singers in the elimination rounds. They are under pressure to choose a good team, look good for their image, and work with the judge dynamic. There is a lot going on in their heads. And some heart is in there, as well. The choosing process is much more serious in the begining. When they feel they have two or more that could win they relax a bit. Adam felt he was sitting pretty early on as was Blake.
    I think when a coach (or coaches) turns around last minute, he or she really not intent of keeping that contestant. I think Adam and Blake are pretty much confident on 4 of what they have now and have been just choosing canon fodder unless some really good singer comes along. The time when they were egging on each other to press the button was a prime example. They turned around together last minute, they were not really feeling the contestant but they turned around only because they wanted to challenge each other on who can win the contestant jusfor bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    If you want to see the full version, just do a Google search.
    I am sooooo enjoying The Voice over American Idol this season. I slept through most of AI last night and didn't miss it. The judges are such windbags! We hear way more of them than the contestants! The Voice has the perfect mix of GOOD vocalists and hilarious coach interaction. I'm looking forward to the battle rounds where they pit their own choices against each other... and get to steal from each other. That is exciting, too.
    Just have to say how adorable your Avatar is. Not sure if you will see this comment since tomorrow starts the next show.

I have loved The Voice and was looking forward to it's start since I heard it was first going to be on because I love Blake Shelton and always have. It didn't hurt that Adam Levine was going to be there either. I watched with Xtina and CeeLo and still enjoyed it because of Blake and Adam. I have to say this year with Usher and Shakira I have not enjoyed a show like this for such a long time. I so hope they are here to stay!

I am glad to hear that so many have joined the ranks of people who like this show. I have watched AI since the beginning and felt kind of like a trader for not being able to watch any longer. Reading your comment of how you almost fell asleep watching AI makes me realize that I definitely made the right decision!!!

Still wondering why they only have 12 contestants each this season since they had 16 last season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

One of my favorite rejects on the Voice was that Cameron guy who sang Alanis in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    One of my favorite rejects on the Voice was that Cameron guy who sang Alanis in season 2.
    Johnny I didn't remember him so did a google search and yes he was another one and the judges had regret over him - especially CeeLo. I wonder why he didn't come back?

+ Reply to Thread