+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 3/25 and 3/26 The Voice 4 premiere **west coast spoilers**

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 3/25 and 3/26 The Voice 4 premiere **west coast spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I came here for that. He said his name and town and I thought it couldn't but it had to be him. The pen salesman. But it must be. Crazy.
    Same reaction I had. But behind those glasses and different hair, I knew it was him. He's a hard worker, I'll give him that. And the duo was interesting.

BTW - I love your "He who laughs last" signature! Never heard that one before.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

To the Point

Holy cow, no I didn't even listen well enough to catch their individual names, much less figure out the AI tie. Yes, I do remember him though. Wow! Good catch guys.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 03-26-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Same reaction I had. But behind those glasses and different hair, I knew it was him. He's a hard worker, I'll give him that. And the duo was interesting.

BTW - I love your "He who laughs last" signature! Never heard that one before.
    Thanks. I heard it on a local radio show and it cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Holy cow, no I didn't even listen well enough to catch their individual names, much less figure out the AI tie. Yes, I do remember him though. Wow! Good catch guys.
    He said his name was Jon Peter Lewis from Rexburg Idaho and the first thing that went through my head was "pen salesman" I kind of liked him.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, as I mentioned yesterday, the first episode also had past AI contestants, although not as successful as JPL.

3/25 and 3/26 The Voice 4 premiere **west coast spoilers**

I loved seeing JPL! He was in the cast of Godspell in my town and I got to hang out with him a bit. Very talented, nice and tiny guy!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Wow! I would have never caught that he was Jon Peter Lewis! He still looks like a pen salesman. I also (obviously) didn't catch that it was "Midas Whale" since they kept using it in the context of "might as well". Took me a minute to figure out who you where talking about. Duh! I like JPL in this duet. I was not a fan of his on AI at all. I'd have to go back and see who my favorite was that season.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Sarah (last woman) wowed the judges. I didn't get it. They hear things in the execution that I don't. I am fascinated by this. I cannot carry a tune (really), but I can tell if someone is sharp or flat (Randy would say pitchy). I fail to see the special thing in voices that make the judges leap to turn around. I was happy to see Adam get, Sarah, the stand out last night. Who wouldn't choose him when he was whispering, please, please.

Shakira was adorable with her English to Country dictionary!

Shakira loved the woman with guitar who sang in typical, tired old country style. Blake didn't even turn around nor would he have despite the deal he made with Usher. I guess they all want a country singer on their team because they tend to go far and often win. I noticed a producer stopped Usher from sharing his deal with Blake, or it was edited. I am not even sure what that deal meant. Let me take this one and I will not turn for someone you want?

I was not taken with the male duo. I do not remember JPL either.

Anyone Adam regretted taking will be easily eliminated when he pairs them with Judith Hill or Sarah in that round!

I really love this show now that xtina and Ceelo are gone. I just had to say that again! I also wonder if production did not renew their contracts and allowed them to say they wanted to leave to tour or whatever.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Judith feels like a ringer, but I really respect how she didn't cash in on her memorial singing. How many people who really want to make in the music business would turn down those offers. She's a class act for that alone. That said, I feel like she could make it without this show. I really liked Blake's 16 year old country gal from the first night... I think she has the voice, look, and potential to go a looooong ways.

I, too, would never be able to resist Adam and his pleases and batting eyelashes. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Judith feels like a ringer, but I really respect how she didn't cash in on her memorial singing. How many people who really want to make in the music business would turn down those offers. She's a class act for that alone. That said, I feel like she could make it without this show. I really liked Blake's 16 year old country gal from the first night... I think she has the voice, look, and potential to go a looooong ways.

I, too, would never be able to resist Adam and his pleases and batting eyelashes. lol
    I don't think the term ringer applies to this show. They openly invite anyone to try out, no matter how much professional experience they have had. Many have careers but get stalled at a point just short of public recognition.

ring•er 2 (r ng r)
    n.
    1. One that rings, especially one that sounds a bell or chime.
    2. Slang A contestant entered dishonestly into a competition.
    3. Slang One who bears a striking resemblance to another:
    4. Any type of contestant in a game who is entered in order to cheat. For example, a professional bowler who plays in an amateur bowling match.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.

I understand the definition to include someone who has an unfair advantage over other contestants. Having professional experience and accolades when competing against a 15/16 year old girl singing in public for the first time doesn't seem like a fair fight to me.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread