+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 3/25 and 3/26 The Voice 4 premiere **west coast spoilers**

Re: 3/25 and 3/26 The Voice 4 premiere **west coast spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    It's true, The Voice has never produced a Kelly Clarkson, or Carrie Underwood, or Daughtry, or _________, etc., etc.
    But, I love, Love, LOVE this show so much more!!!

I adore the comical banter between the judges (and, yes, I even liked Xtina and CeeLo). They keep it fun and friendly -- not to mention hilarious!
    Yes, Nicholas was my favorite last year, but I still I adore that dorky dudes from Idaho that include an accordian player and a pen salesman, and call themselves Midas Whale , get all four judges fighting over them.

THIS is the FUN show to watch!
    I couldn't agree more with you. I am a bit behind and haven't watched the 2nd night yet, but I have loved this show since it first aired. Just like you I didn't mind Xtina or CeeLo as well. Xtina may have annoyed me at times, but they were all different and enjoyed what they each had to bring to the table. Also, loving the new judges as well.

As far as them not having any huge stars yet I think this show is different than AI because it airs more often and we may have not given them enough time. The last show just ended in December. Just read that the 23-year-old Season 3 winner Cassadee just recently signed with Republic Nashville, joining the labelís roster of young country stars that includes Taylor Swift and The Band Perry. Don't know what will happen and we have to give her time, but I can't argue with the success of Taylor Swift or The Band Perry.

Previous winners may not have done that well, but the same could be said for X Factor and their first winner Melanie Amaro whose first single didn't go over well and her album is on hold indefinitely. I believe Jermaine Paul just released an album, but not sure how it is doing as that is not really my style of music.

Truthfully, for the most part and jmho I think country artists have an easier time to make it big sooner from these types of shows. There have been exceptions of course.

I don't know what it is, but for me I just love this show.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 03-29-2013 at 06:59 AM.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Hi there. I have a tendency to watch this show at first but mostly do not watch the final show(s) or so cause the people that are in the top are not my top 4.

We have had 3 seasons and all 3 winners were ones I did not care for. Not at all. Maybe that is because I am European and have a different taste.

I tend to agree with Adam most of the time. To me he is the only honest judge. Yes Blake makes me laugh but he never criticizes the vocalists. I prefer someone like Adam who tells it as it is, is serious about it. So I was thrilled that he ended up with the 2 he really wanted, and all four wanted.
    Not sure about the new judges but I hope they will also be a bit more honest.

So far I do not have a favourite yet. I do tend to go for the more quirky contestants although last year I loved Amanda Brown and I did like Nicholas. I was not even shocked that to me one of the more boring people won. Cassadee who?
    cubsfan55 likes this.

I'm aware of the bromance going on between Blake and Adam but what the hell are they doing in this picture?

The-Voice-Season-4-Preview-BIgger-and-Better-622x349.jpg

To the Point

There is no telling!! Those two....

FORT Regular

Adam: Bro, how could u? Having a hard enuf time fending off the new judges and u stole XXX from right under my nose! U know I'm dying to have her on my team!!!

Blake: Awww dude, let me offer u a kiss by means of apology.

Adam: Whew, leggo of me, your breath stinks!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Hi there. I have a tendency to watch this show at first but mostly do not watch the final show(s) or so cause the people that are in the top are not my top 4.

We have had 3 seasons and all 3 winners were ones I did not care for. Not at all. Maybe that is because I am European and have a different taste.

I tend to agree with Adam most of the time. To me he is the only honest judge. Yes Blake makes me laugh but he never criticizes the vocalists. I prefer someone like Adam who tells it as it is, is serious about it. So I was thrilled that he ended up with the 2 he really wanted, and all four wanted.
    Not sure about the new judges but I hope they will also be a bit more honest.

So far I do not have a favourite yet. I do tend to go for the more quirky contestants although last year I loved Amanda Brown and I did like Nicholas. I was not even shocked that to me one of the more boring people won. Cassadee who?
    I love the show, and love the interaction of the coaches with their team, but I agree with you on some things. It gets really boring to me when all the coaches just say "great job" over and over and over. I want to hear honest, knowledgeable critic. They don't do the repetitive "you're great" quite so much during the auditions and early in the show, but toward the end coaches get too afraid that by saying something negative about someone they will harm the people on their own team.

It's not really fair, but it is true that often when people don't like what a coach said they will punish them by not voting for their team. Say what you will about Christina, she definitely bugged me at times, but she was the only one who kept it from being boringly "you're so great, you know I'm a fan" over and over and over at the end of last year.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 03-31-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Duckyface. quack quack That is true as well. Even Adam kept his mouth shut towards the end. All the coaches are telling the contestants how good they were, indeed with the exception of Christina, although sometimes I did enjoy what she did not like. But yes, it makes it so boring if they keep on gushing. It made me sometimes want to forward the judges blablabla. Thanks to you I now understand why I don't like the show at the end. (I do love the battle rounds, but not when they make big mistake by putting 2 good singers in one battle.)

I also think some of the singers are not singing but screaming and why do some women have the tendency to stand on the podium as if they are going to do a poopy on the toilet? I see the UK season has also started so I am going to watch that now.

Happy Easter!
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yeah, I threw out the word "ringer" far too easily and regret it. I read it a couple of times in the thread and picked it up in my own post.

Let me backtrack, I understand that "fair" has nothing to do with it, and I get that anyone can have a chance here. That said, I feel sorry for all the newbies coming in having to hear their own coaches talking about how someone who has had professional experience (like working with Michael Jackson!) is the best and is going to win. It must make them feel like crap, like they don't have a shot before the show has barely started. That's an unfortunate aspect of the show to me, but it IS the show.
    No need to regret, spockwhat. I think we understood how you meant the term. And to a certain extent, it seems right!

However, this is where I think Judith Hill will fail -- because folks (like me) don't necessarily want someone with all that previous success.
    That girl already has the DNA and experience. She's going to make it without The Voice.
    Yes, she's on the show, and she hasn't broken any of TV's rules by having shared the stage with Michael Jackson.
    But viewers often prefer to vote for the no-names to give them THEIR chance. At least, I think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Happy Easter!
    And a Happy Easter to you, too, CDW!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    No need to regret, spockwhat. I think we understood how you meant the term. And to a certain extent, it seems right!

However, this is where I think Judith Hill will fail -- because folks (like me) don't necessarily want someone with all that previous success.
    That girl already has the DNA and experience. She's going to make it without The Voice.
    Yes, she's on the show, and she hasn't broken any of TV's rules by having shared the stage with Michael Jackson.
    But viewers often prefer to vote for the no-names to give them THEIR chance. At least, I think they do.

And a Happy Easter to you, too, CDW!
    If that was true, Cassadee would not have won last season. She had the record deal, past success and a great opportunity but it never launched her into superstardom. The Voice will not give her that either, but it's not because of her lack of trying.

I finally had a chance to watch and OMG! I love this show!

CeeLo and Christina who?

LOVE Shakira and Usher! This is gonna be a great season!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I know I said this twice before already, but I still am pissed Cassadee won. Worst winner by far and any of the other five of the F6 would have been better.

+ Reply to Thread