+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Did Cassadee really win, though? I mean, I know she did, but, but, it should have been Terry or Nicholas. No, I think it was one of them...

You know that 5 Stages of Grief thing? That's me right now. Except in reverse. I start off immediately after the results, accepting that she won, but now I'm denying it.

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Did Cassadee really win, though? I mean, I know she did, but, but, it should have been Terry or Nicholas. No, I think it was one of them...

You know that 5 Stages of Grief thing? That's me right now. Except in reverse. I start off immediately after the results, accepting that she won, but now I'm denying it.
    I hear you. In my world, the results were different. Come on over!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Well it was no surprise that Cassadee would win, and that Terry is 2nd place while Nicholas is 3rd.

A 3rd #1 single on iTunes for Cassadee Pope | Idol Chatter
    Just read several articles from that site. That guy certainly was 100 percent Cassadee fan. He sounded downright cranky defending her. A few of his points I kept on going "but what about ...." and "yes, but ..." And "now why were you tracking those numbers right from the start? Were you doing it for all of them or just backtracking to find numbers to support your arguments." Good thing I didn't read his stuff earlier. I would have been cranker-pants for sure.

I didn't watch most of it, just too much boring filler. Since I have to get up at 5 AM, I kind of nodded off and woke up in time to see them congratulating Cassadee. If there had been some suspense to who was going to win, I might have been more interested in watching it. I'll miss seeing Terry and Nicholas. I hope they all do well in their careers.
    Allie and Jaceegirl like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I hear you. In my world, the results were different. Come on over!
    Oh yes, I like this "world" you speak of. Is Terricus, along with winning the Voice, running for president in it?
    Allie, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't get it though. Did the iTunes rankings affect the votes last season? What if it didn't play a part?
    I believe it was Juliet who had the highest ranking iTunes last year, yet she did not win. Jermaine's win was a shocker for most here on the board, with jaceegirl and a few others who did think he'd win. BUT the big difference this year was Cassadee's rabid Hey Monday fanbase catapulting her to the top most weeks. She could have sung a medley of nursery songs and they would have bought the song to get her numbers up. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If your fans are willing to buy your music, awesome. It makes sense financially for the show and for the singer who sells the most to win. I know she gained new fans that know little about her previous music, I just wonder which direction she is going to take. She was pop/rock/punk/emo, now she's singing country. Do her fans want her to go back to her roots or take a little dip in the country genre? I didn't particularly care for the result, but am happy with this new rule/format.

The ratings kicked a$$ last night with 14 million viewers! NBC is very, very happy: for the first time in 9 years NBC won November sweeps. The Voice may not be besting AI with the number of viewers but they are beating them BIG TIME in the most sought after demographic, women aged 18-49.

So now that the season is over, let's talk about our fave performances! This is my Top 10:

Amanda Brown--Stars (new Grace Potter fan, here)
    Terry McDermott--Let It Be
    Terry McDermott/Peter Frampton--Baby I Love Your Way
    Amanda Brown--Dream On
    Melanie Martinez--Seven Nation Army
    Nicholas David--Lean On Me (Version #1)
    Nicholas David--You Are So Beautiful
    Terry McDermott--I Want To Know What Love Is
    Trevin Hunt--And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going
    Cody Belew--Crazy In Love

Honorable mentions to:

Tribute to Newtown--Hallelujah
    Adam, Blake, CeeLo, Christina--Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
    Team Blake--White Christmas

I really liked Cody's One More Try but Crazy In Love was for me, the most entertaining/memorable performance of this season. So which songs were your faves? Downloaded? Listened to continuously? Most entertaining?
    JohnnyK and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm sad Terry didn't perform "Your Love" by the Outfield, like I was so hoping he would.

Does anyone else thing it'd be a good song for him?
    Allie likes this.

I'm sad Terry didn't perform "Your Love" by the Outfield, like I was so hoping he would.

Does anyone else thing it'd be a good song for him?
    I think it would be a great song for him Johnny!!! One song he did not sing that I was surprised was "Imagine" by John Lennon. It is listed on the The Voice site bio as his favorite song.

I am still sad Terry did not win, but I will enjoy his music that I downloaded and really hope someone will sign him and we will hear more from him in the future.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I believe it was Juliet who had the highest ranking iTunes last year, yet she did not win. Jermaine's win was a shocker for most here on the board, with jaceegirl and a few others who did think he'd win. BUT the big difference this year was Cassadee's rabid Hey Monday fanbase catapulting her to the top most weeks. She could have sung a medley of nursery songs and they would have bought the song to get her numbers up. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If your fans are willing to buy your music, awesome. It makes sense financially for the show and for the singer who sells the most to win. I know she gained new fans that know little about her previous music, I just wonder which direction she is going to take. She was pop/rock/punk/emo, now she's singing country. Do her fans want her to go back to her roots or take a little dip in the country genre? I didn't particularly care for the result, but am happy with this new rule/format.

The ratings kicked a$$ last night with 14 million viewers! NBC is very, very happy: for the first time in 9 years NBC won November sweeps. The Voice may not be besting AI with the number of viewers but they are beating them BIG TIME in the most sought after demographic, women aged 18-49.

So now that the season is over, let's talk about our fave performances! This is my Top 10:

Amanda Brown--Stars (new Grace Potter fan, here)
    Terry McDermott--Let It Be
    Terry McDermott/Peter Frampton--Baby I Love Your Way
    Amanda Brown--Dream On
    Melanie Martinez--Seven Nation Army
    Nicholas David--Lean On Me (Version #1)
    Nicholas David--You Are So Beautiful
    Terry McDermott--I Want To Know What Love Is
    Trevin Hunt--And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going
    Cody Belew--Crazy In Love

Honorable mentions to:

Tribute to Newtown--Hallelujah
    Adam, Blake, CeeLo, Christina--Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
    Team Blake--White Christmas

I really liked Cody's One More Try but Crazy In Love was for me, the most entertaining/memorable performance of this season. So which songs were your faves? Downloaded? Listened to continuously? Most entertaining?
    I think you have all my favorites covered. Can't add any more as I have all of those downloaded for my listening pleasure. It was interesting to note that "Let it Be" was performed by Fifth Harmony tonight and "Hallelujah" was performed by Carly Rose on the X Factor. I never understood with all the songs out there why that happens and yet, I have seen that before when two singing competitions are going on at the same time. I even hear the same songs repeated in different years on AI as well and always wonder why they do it?
    JunkieGirl and Allie like this.

Just now getting around to watching the show. We had to go out, and since I knew Cassadee would win, I didn't bother to watch it when I got back.

Great to see Ce-Lo in the armor again! I loved it when he wore that outfit to sing with Vicki Martinez on "Love is a Battlefield." Is Ce-Lo really leaving? I'm going to miss him.

Watching Terry's group performance now. Bryan seems a little lost, but Michaela and Amanda are awesome. This season is going to be tough to top.

In my world, Terry and Nicholas haven't won--they're performing at the White House. Michelle Obama is dancing with Nicholas and his "Funky White Boy" music. She's also thoroughly embarrassing her daughters. And the President is trying to explain who "Journey" is to them. (Bet Sasha and Malia become fans once they know.)

And now for a bit of good Christmas news. Since I rarely listen to contemporary pop music, and hate country, I can now avoid Cassadee.

Sorry, couldn't resist one final jab. Cassadee got to do three celebrity duets? Oh, gee, officer, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that you could accuse me of pimping her. I have no idea what you're talking about. Also noticed how Kelly Clarkson said "Y'all [plural] are so good", but looked at Cassadee as she said it. And was Cassadee's bringing back of Liz the Country Singer another attempt to pander? After all, if Liz gets a contract they'll be rivals, so you'd think Cassadee would have avoided her. And this might mean nothing, but I found it interesting that two of C's picks were eliminated before the Top 12. IOW, they would be less memorable to the viewers, thus throwing more attention on Cassadee.
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    JunkieGirl, Allie, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread