+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 12/10 & 12/11 The Voice: Season 3 Top 4 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/10 & 12/11 The Voice: Season 3 Top 4 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

My fav is Cassadee....so I'm in the minority here.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been a Blake fan for a long time, however, Blake has a tendency to overexaggerate, IMO. Maybe he convinces himself of something and makes it true in his mind, but I'm pretty tired of it.
    Excellent point. That was not one of the all-time great renditions of Let It Be--not at all. Was it good, yes...but it doesn't touch Ray.

I saw Blake and one of his former team members on a show last night in an interview/feature. I can't recall her name, but she was from last season. (Rayanne I think.) She was the young, cute, country blonde with boots. She had a very outrageous manner. Well, she has gotten a record deal and Blake has been very supportive of her. He says she sleeps on his couch ALL THE TIME. He says he and Miranda are learning what it is to be parents by having her around so much. This really shocked me. I'm not sure why Miranda would allow this to go on, but it's playing with fire in more ways than one. Just saying.....
    I think her name way RayLynn? Anyhow, normally I would find this a bit problematic too but Blake seems like he is OBSESSED with his wife...not in a skeevy way but in a fawning, adorable, just married way. If I was placing bets I'd stack some dollar bills in the "they will be fine corner." Although, I am a bit shocked that RayLynn actually got a deal...her voice was very nasally and [the country edge] sounded forced and fake. Of course, we all know that in the industry now they can autotune anything and having a decent voice is only about 20% of the equation so....

Trevin is a great talent, but his performance did not reflect that last night, IMO.

I believe Trevin will go home tonight.
    I hope you are right. Nicholas and Terry aren't really my style but I appreciate their music (and I could end up with a track or two from Nicholas as I delve into that genre every now and then for an itunes purchase). But Trevin is...I dunno...just a little creepy or something? I think he has a fantastic voice (and arguably the most range/ability/acrobatics of the remaining four) but its not better than the greats--not even close. Plus, I have to believe he turned many voters off with his constant "poor me" stories that seemed to reach and exaggerate more than anything: one teacher out of dozens once said he couldn't sing when he was a young kid (as if most younger kids have fully developed voices yet--especially boys) and the super storm mention (where we saw NO evidence of any damage last night or any personal evidence immediately following the disaster--which Im sure they would have eagerly displayed if there was any damage). I know TPTB push for drama but Trevin just seems over-the-top and when there are REAL people with REAL misfortunes suffering it makes me angry that these contestants try to play on the voters sympathy and generosity.

To the Point

I think Trevin has talent but I don't think he needs a lot of work. I'm not a professional, but I feel that he has been flat and off key in nearly every performance. Now, I'm not saying it was entire performances, but pretty much part of every performance. I do think he is a talented guy but he still has a ways to go.

Terry I enjoy but his sound isn't necessarily current. Nicholas I sometimes enjoy, but again not necessarily current. Cassadee is okay, but I don't find her engaging. Hmmmmmm......doesn't leave much with which to work. I will be surprised if Cass doesn't win it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I see they borrowed a crowd favorite from AI with the hometown visits. I don't remember them doing this previously.

I didn't realize that Trevyn came from a middle class family. The way he talked when first interviewed during auditions I thought he was a Brooklyn project boy. That song is all upper range, apparently, which is why it appeals to divas like Midler and Christina who live there. Personally, my ears don't live there very often, and I kept waiting for him to soften it down which he finally did at the end. I also noticed that he went flat on the top notes and since there were so many of them, it hurt.

I bet Cassadee is chomping at the bit to be rid of Blake and go back to pop diva songs. He recognizes she can tell a story in song, but she doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with that.

The family reunion for Terry made me tear up because they were all tearing up. Almost a bit predictable that a rocker from Great Britain sang a song from a rocker band from Great Britain. I really liked what he did to change up the chorus with the upper runs. But, then, all he has to do is flash his dimples and I'm done.

I wonder if Nicholas was so overcome with emotion at singing for his family in the audience that he felt faint and that is why he sat down. I hope he doesn't have a heart problem. Physically, he looked his best last night and sang the heck out of that song.

I would prefer to see Terry and Nicholas and (inevitable) Cassadee in the finals.
    Allie and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have been a Blake fan for a long time, however, Blake has a tendency to overexaggerate, IMO. Maybe he convinces himself of something and makes it true in his mind, but I'm pretty tired of it.

I saw Blake and one of his former team members on a show last night in an interview/feature. I can't recall her name, but she was from last season. (Rayanne I think.) She was the young, cute, country blonde with boots. She had a very outrageous manner. Well, she has gotten a record deal and Blake has been very supportive of her. He says she sleeps on his couch ALL THE TIME. He says he and Miranda are learning what it is to be parents by having her around so much. This really shocked me. I'm not sure why Miranda would allow this to go on, but it's playing with fire in more ways than one. Just saying.....
    Just my opinion Debb, but I think you have to take Blake and what he says as just his way of being funny. Actually it is Miranda his wife who took RaeLynn under her wing. RaeLynn first made waves as a member of Team Blake on The Voice and soon skyrocketed within the country world becoming Miranda Lambert‘s own little protégé.

I am a huge fan of Blake's and Miranda and have read several articles where Miranda has said in response to what Blake may have said - you said that? One of the reasons I like Blake so much is that Blake does stick up for all his contestants and Miranda said that past contestants Dia Frampton, Xenia and others spend lots of time at their house.

Miranda is the one who has really taken RaeLynn under her wing as they co-wrote a song together as well as performing together.
    JunkieGirl, CupidGuest and Allie like this.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I see they borrowed a crowd favorite from AI with the hometown visits. I don't remember them doing this previously.

I didn't realize that Trevyn came from a middle class family. The way he talked when first interviewed during auditions I thought he was a Brooklyn project boy. That song is all upper range, apparently, which is why it appeals to divas like Midler and Christina who live there. Personally, my ears don't live there very often, and I kept waiting for him to soften it down which he finally did at the end. I also noticed that he went flat on the top notes and since there were so many of them, it hurt.
    I noticed all these shows are beginning to borrow ideas from each other. You are correct they did not have home town visits before. I thought these were shorter than the ones that AI have.

I was also surprised at where Trevin lived as I too thought he was a Brooklyn project boy. I think Trevin has a powerful voice, but he has been very inconsistent on the show. It could be shyness, but he is only 18 and may overcome it. I just don't think he is ready.

I not only love Terry and his voice, but adore those dimples as well. I agree I really hope Terry, Nicholas and Cassadee are in the finals.

For those who think that some of us dislike Cassadee I can only speak for myself, but I don't dislike her voice at all. I actually do not mind her voice especially when she does country. I am not a fan of today's Justin Bieber types of songs and apologize if any of you are fans of his, but any of the artists of today who sing one or two lines and repeat over and over just is not music to me.

I know Cassadee prefers the Pop world and again JMO, but I think that world is harder to crack and yet if she went the country route I bet she would do really well. I don't think many of us thought RaeLynn was very good, but apparently Miranda Lambert did. She became her protégé and has signed a record deal with Capitol Records.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like Terry, but near perfection. That song? hmm don't think so

I still like Trevin, not that keen on Nicholas or Cassadee. But I haven't been following them -so what do I know.
    FM I can see why you would like Trevin and his voice. When he first auditioned I think everyone thought he was a shoe in to win - including all the coaches. I think if you had seen the entire season you would see why many of us feel differently about him. He has been very inconsistent, while others have grown so much every week. When I first saw Nicholas I never thought I would like him, but yet I do. Each one of the four contestants left are entirely different from each other. I think that is what is great about it and why many have different favorites to win.

Just watching the entire season I can honestly say that while I prefer Terry the most, I would have no problem with Nicholas or Cassadee winning as well. They are all talented and I guess it boils down to individual taste in music. I really believe that even the ones who are not winners of The Voice will go on because of their various music styles. They have had exposure with this program and I think that is the biggest factor to success. We have seen before on other programs where winning does not guarantee success and people who did not win actually ended up being more successful. JMO
    Allie, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    FM I can see why you would like Trevin and his voice. When he first auditioned I think everyone thought he was a shoe in to win - including all the coaches. I think if you had seen the entire season you would see why many of us feel differently about him. He has been very inconsistent, while others have grown so much every week. When I first saw Nicholas I never thought I would like him, but yet I do. Each one of the four contestants left are entirely different from each other. I think that is what is great about it and why many have different favorites to win.

Just watching the entire season I can honestly say that while I prefer Terry the most, I would have no problem with Nicholas or Cassadee winning as well. They are all talented and I guess it boils down to individual taste in music. I really believe that even the ones who are not winners of The Voice will go on because of their various music styles. They have had exposure with this program and I think that is the biggest factor to success. We have seen before on other programs where winning does not guarantee success and people who did not win actually ended up being more successful. JMO
    I think Terry is very very cute He does remind me of a lead singer from the UK. I guess we see tonight who goes home. I will have to check on here..good to see you( and your comments ) Jacee..:
    Allie and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Cassedee sounds so much better when she is singing country type songs. Good choice for Blake to pick a Keith Urban song for her .
    I have to be honest. Darn it. Listened to her song (at least a sample) on iTunes. While not my taste, it was very sellable and I can see her being a success. Her voice was clear and distinct. Hubby said she was good and that she and Terry have voices that don't get lost in the arrangements. Out of the four left, she should be one of them to make it to the finals. She, Terry and Nicholas are the obvious top three. Trevin, I think, will be VERY good in a few years. He needs developing. But kid has some raw talent.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

RANK TEAM PERFORMER SONG
    1 Blake - Cassadee Pope “Stupid Boy” (also, Pop #1) †
    2 Blake - Terry McDermott “Let It Be” * †
    6 CeeLo - Nicholas David “You Are So Beautiful” (also, Pop #3) †
    39 CeeLo - Trevin Hunte “Wind Beneath My Wings” **

† This song will receive ten (10) times the number of votes cast via iTunes downloads
    * Terry McDermott’s “Let It Be” also ranked No. 1 on the iTunes Rock chart
    ** Trevin Hunte’s “Wind Beneath My Wings” also ranked No. 4 on the iTunes R&B/Soul chart
    + Amanda should have made it to the semi-finals over Trevin

+ Reply to Thread