+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 12/10 & 12/11 The Voice: Season 3 Top 4 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/10 & 12/11 The Voice: Season 3 Top 4 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I knew that Trev was a goner when he didn't make it in the top 10 iTunes. And was so far away from top 10. That is what is needed to win when there are so few spots left. Plus the internet buzz around him died down a couple of weeks ago. And Nicholas got in the top 10, what, 3 times? He has had steady support. I was nervous for Terry until he got in the top 10 and got that 10x multiplier. I do think that Cassadee is a lock for the top prize, although I will still do all I can to add my voice to my pick's total.
    Count me in Allie to helping you out with the voting for Terry. It was nice to see that even the ones who did not win last season (like Chris Mann as an example) are doing all right and shows that you don't have to win to go on and do great things. Wow, can he sing!!! If I remember correctly he finished third last season. The right F3 are there and all completely different singing styles. Someone for everyone's singing pleasure. I can see where all three will go on and have successful careers.

Tonight's results made me
    Allie likes this.

VERY pleased with the results last night!

I sincerely hope Ceelo mentors Trevyn and gives him the guidance he needs (but maybe not any fashion advice LOL). Trevyn can do great things but he needs to stay away from the schmaltz! sheesh!

I really liked Cassadee and Terry's duet last night. Both toned down their quirks and blended nicely. Something Nicholas and Trev couldn't manage.

WTH happened with Juliette? I didn't watch last season, but have seen clips of her. She has the voice that I love - raspy rocker. Last night was just a hot mess. And her outfit? ugh.

Chris Mann - yum... ahem...sorry...what a great VOICE. yes. voice.
    Allie likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Just my opinion Debb, but I think you have to take Blake and what he says as just his way of being funny. Actually it is Miranda his wife who took RaeLynn under her wing. RaeLynn first made waves as a member of Team Blake on The Voice and soon skyrocketed within the country world becoming Miranda Lambert‘s own little protégé.

I am a huge fan of Blake's and Miranda and have read several articles where Miranda has said in response to what Blake may have said - you said that? One of the reasons I like Blake so much is that Blake does stick up for all his contestants and Miranda said that past contestants Dia Frampton, Xenia and others spend lots of time at their house.

Miranda is the one who has really taken RaeLynn under her wing as they co-wrote a song together as well as performing together.
    What I was referring to is how Blake goes overboard with his description of some of the performers, IMO. It's great to support the singers, but if you go too far, when it's not well based, you lose credibility, IMO. I don't have a problem with him supporting or praising his team members.

Ref. Ralynne sleeping on their couch......no matter who's idea it is, it's a bad one. I'm surprised that Miranda is so naive. Her business though.

I'm still a fan of Blake and Miranda.

I hope Nicholas keeps his glasses off and fluffs his hair again next week. HE looked very handsome like that. If can just pick the right songs.

Terry needs an energy boost drink or some coffee. His passion seems a little down. I hope he picks it up and brings the house down with a powerful song.

I will divide my votes between Nicholas and Terry, though I don't think either one has a chance.

I think Cassadee will win the competition but I think Terry and Nicholas will go on to be successful in their own genres!
    Allie and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Ref. Ralynne sleeping on their couch......no matter who's idea it is, it's a bad one. I'm surprised that Miranda is so naive. Her business though.
    I think Miranda is anything but naive. I also think Blake has far more temptations on the road (and everywhere else) than Raelynn sleeping on their couch.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Count me in Allie to helping you out with the voting for Terry. It was nice to see that even the ones who did not win last season (like Chris Mann as an example) are doing all right and shows that you don't have to win to go on and do great things. Wow, can he sing!!! If I remember correctly he finished third last season. The right F3 are there and all completely different singing styles. Someone for everyone's singing pleasure. I can see where all three will go on and have successful careers.

Tonight's results made me
    I believe Mann finished 4th. Xtina's teams have always been last. Interestingly they brought in a semi-finalist in RaeLynn to sing instead of Tony Lucca who was a finalist last year. Maybe he still didn't have a single out yet. He was only shown with Adam Levine mentioning that they are working together on a record or something. I still think that Katrina would have fared better in the finals last year than Tony. Katrina was voted in by the audience and I'm glad that they took the power off of the mentors to change the outcome of the votes. I was ok with that format but only if the mentor's vote count only as 25% instead of 50%.

I don't get the semi-finals. I thought when they all formed their 4 for each team to have a total of 16 contestants, that's the semi-finals. One round of semi-finals? That's really odd and it's the same format. The only difference is that only one person gets voted out which has nothing to do with a format change. What they should have done is to have last week's contestants of 6 sing just one song and this week's contestant of 4 sing 2 songs. That would have made for a better semi-finals. Two songs to showcase yourself for the finals.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 12-12-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Allie and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I believe Mann finished 4th. Xtina's teams have always been last. Interestingly they brought in a semi-finalist in RaeLynn to sing instead of Tony Lucca who was a finalist last year. Maybe he still didn't have a single out yet. He was only shown with Adam Levine mentioning that they are working together on a record or something. I still think that Katrina would have fared better in the finals last year than Tony. Katrina was voted in by the audience and I'm glad that they took the power off of the mentors to change the outcome of the votes. I was ok with that format but only if the mentor's vote count only as 25% instead of 50%.

I don't get the semi-finals. I thought when they all formed their 4 for each team to have a total of 16 contestants, that's the semi-finals. One round of semi-finals? That's really odd and it's the same format. The only difference is that only one person gets voted out which has nothing to do with a format change. What they should have done is to have last week's contestants of 6 sing just one song and this week's contestant of 4 sing 2 songs. That would have made for a better semi-finals. Two songs to showcase yourself for the finals.
    Agreed, except that maybe they were afraid that the 2 finalists could have been Cassadee and Trevin. In that case, the show would have lost a lot of viewers for the finale, since the fans of Terry and Nicholas wouldn't have bothered to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Agreed, except that maybe they were afraid that the 2 finalists could have been Cassadee and Trevin. In that case, the show would have lost a lot of viewers for the finale, since the fans of Terry and Nicholas wouldn't have bothered to watch.
    I was thinking they were afraid it was going to be Cassadee and Terry and that only Blake would have anyone in the finals.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    This duet with Terry and Cassadee isn't awful... I think it's was because Cassadee wasn't trying to over do it vocally (or was drowned out by Terry).
    That duet with Terry and Cassadee was the first time all season I'm almost been motivated to think about buying something from iTunes (despite my boycot of that site). I absolutely loved it. Very understated and extremely entertaining. Both of them.
    Allie likes this.

Can someone tell me the name and artist of the duet that Terry and Cassidee sang? I really liked the song but missed the title.Thanks in advance..

+ Reply to Thread