+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    No problem.
    I really don't know anything about her or what she did prior to going on the Voice.
    When this show was on at the beginning, I'd flip between it and DWTS, so I don't know much about any of them and have no preconceived notions.
    If I was upset with anyone, it was actually Blake, whom I had liked a lot before the show started. However, when he spoke of having Cassadee sing the song he wrote for his brother, that just really annoyed me. I don't like when anyone exploits a tragedy, esp. in the way that Blake did.
    Ok, am off my soapbox now!!
    I get your point. Besides, it came out to soon after his wife's version IMO. Aren't people tired of it by now?

I'm another one who didn't know about Casadee's past in the industry. It does irritate me when people like her come one these shows, but I've forced myself to make peace with it. The main reason I don't like her is what I've stated above: she's just another "white bread pop tart" contestant, like a thousand others who audition on these shows. There is nothing to distinguish her. Sadly, that's what the industry wants, interchangeable stars who can be replaced when they fade.

Poor Melanie. You were just too original. I enjoyed your performances far more than Casadee's. I hope you find some measure of success. Like you said, Debb, you don't have to a megastar to be successful. If you're singing what you love, and you have enough fans to make a living off it, well then I think that's being a success.

Now I have to face my worst nightmare: that Terry and Nicholas will be eliminated in the next show. If we end up with a Casadee/Trevyn final, then I swear I will not watch it. Neither one of those contestants interests me in the least. Wake me up when my Fantastic Four (Nicholas, Terry, Melanie, and Amanda) record their first albums.

Note: Johnny, you have WGWG (and BTW, what does that mean?). Maybe we should use the acronym WBPT to describe future contestants like Casadee.
    Allie likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Babbred, I wonder if Melanie leaving when she did is not a blessing in disguise. She seemed to be less happy the longer she stayed. She almost seemed relieved in her exit interview. She is so young and I think will benefit from a slow build-up with a good manager to teach her the ropes.

As for the final 2 .... I feel Cassadee is a guarantee. I was wondering initially why she had what seemed to be such a huge and well-organized fan base right from the start. Then I saw her band's popularity. I didn't find her all that great (her singing seems flat and bland to me, although her personality seems kind of cute) and was wondering on all the top 10 results and such. Now it makes more sense.

I would LOVE it to be Terry and Nicholas as the final 2, but I think that won't happen. :-(

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I would also love for it to be Terricus and Nicholas Soup. But Cassoverrated is overrated and will prob continue to piss me off.
    Allie and Babbred like this.

sigh. Missed the shows last week and am just now catching up on my dvr (and of course here!)

well, I'm glad Terry is through another week. His songs were awesome! Nicholas got lucky or has built an incredibly strong fan base, I wasn't impressed with his performances.
    Trevin...IF he wins (I think Cassadee is a lock, but you never know), will just disappear. He's just not ready for this.

The ladies? why, oh why is Cassadee the last girl standing? I totally agree Melanie looked almost happy to go. She needs time to grow into this. Amanda? I loved Amanda. But for whatever reason, after "Dream On", she couldn't grab the lead.

I tell you Babbred - I'm right with ya! If Trevin and Cassadee are F2? I'm done. buh bye
    Allie likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Trevin...IF he wins (I think Cassadee is a lock, but you never know), will just disappear. He's just not ready for this.

That's what I was thinking. This show will be in trouble if Trevyn wins. It will be a repeat of the first two seasons, and I seriously doubt he will do any better than those other winners. If Javier, who had previous industry experience, can flop after winning, what chance does Trevyn have?

The ladies? why, oh why is Cassadee the last girl standing?
    What really irks me is that, in effect, Christina has won. A pop clone like the ones from her team is pretty much going to win this thing. That just chaps my hide. I am so glad that she is leaving after this season.

I tell you Babbred - I'm right with ya! If Trevin and Cassadee are F2? I'm done. buh bye

I won't even watch if it's Cassadee and Terry/Nicholas. I will not watch one of my Fantastic Four get humiliated by losing to Pop Tart.
    Allie, Gala62, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Cassadee should have been gone after that horrendous Payphone cover in the Knockout Round!!!
    Allie and Gala62 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Cassadee should have been gone after that horrendous Payphone cover in the Knockout Round!!!
    I was surprised at that. I think she was kept because they knew she had built-in fan support and had the chance to give them their first female winner.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Note: Johnny, you have WGWG (and BTW, what does that mean?). Maybe we should use the acronym WBPT to describe future contestants like Casadee.
    White Guy With Guitar!

If Melanie had a guitar, then I was guilty of being a WGWG lover this season (White girl with guitar).

+ Reply to Thread