+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

At least Nicholas made it. He and Melanie are/were my favorites. Sure seems like a shoo in for Cassadee (dumb spelling).

On the bright side only 2 more nights of xtina. I am glad she is not retuning next season. I was hoping her praise of Cassadee would stamp the kiss of death on her but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Poor Nicholas looks like he is going to be sick.
    OMG, me too! The way he was sweating and then putting his hand on his chest! It scared me. I thought he as going to have a heartattack.

How old is Nicholas?

My favorite top two are Terry and Nicholas, but I wouldn't mind if Trevin won either. I will be upset if Cassadee wins, which I hear is the plan. I did read somewhere that she is for young girls and that's why I don't get her. Makes sense.

I really hope that Blake doesn't sabotage Terry by giving him lousy songs and giving Cassadee great ones. I normally like Blake, but I can see him doing that. IMO he's blind when it comes to her. He did the same thing with one of his girl team members before. It's not natural.

What will the winner win anyway? What success have the last two winners had? I have only seen them once since winning. Did they have any success with their record? I like The Voice, but why can't they spit out some real successful artists like Kelly, Carrie, Scottie, etc. (AI) ?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I feel like Cassadee's been pimped out since Blake gave her his song to sing. I liked Blake a lot, but that was pretty tacky,
    I believe she asked him if she could sing it, and she had some reason it meant something to her, but I don't recall the details. I don't understand the Cassadee hate either, except that in all these shows it seems as though one person is cast as the "villain" by the forum. I know nothing about her past, but she seems nice enough, and music these days seems bland in general so she pretty much fits in with that. She's also the most marketable of the 4 that are left - or even the final 6.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I don't know much about Cassadee's past. I really don't care. She just isn't a standout to me. I don't hate her, but she bores me. If you're going to win a singing contest, I think you should be something a little more special than a mediocre singer. I feel like I have seen the girl a hundred times before.
    Allie likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My take on the final 4...

Trevin: Amazing instrument, just doesn't know how to play it yet
    Terry: Great instrument, played with technical perfection, just not connecting with him
    Cassadee: Great instrument, played well, not really my kind of music
    Nicholas: Good instrument, played with heart and soul, and a musician's interpretation

I'm more a Tom Waits/Willie Nelson, than a Celine Dion kind of guy. I'm rooting for Nicholas!
    football_chick likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My hate forms towards contestants the longer they stay in the competition and the more better people they outlast.

( Melangel <333 )
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG, me too! The way he was sweating and then putting his hand on his chest! It scared me. I thought he as going to have a heartattack.

How old is Nicholas?

My favorite top two are Terry and Nicholas, but I wouldn't mind if Trevin won either. I will be upset if Cassadee wins, which I hear is the plan. I did read somewhere that she is for young girls and that's why I don't get her. Makes sense.

I really hope that Blake doesn't sabotage Terry by giving him lousy songs and giving Cassadee great ones. I normally like Blake, but I can see him doing that. IMO he's blind when it comes to her. He did the same thing with one of his girl team members before. It's not natural.

What will the winner win anyway? What success have the last two winners had? I have only seen them once since winning. Did they have any success with their record? I like The Voice, but why can't they spit out some real successful artists like Kelly, Carrie, Scottie, etc. (AI) ?
    The winner wins a recording contract and Jermaine Paul's first album won't be released until December 18th. Carrie and Scottie both from the country world made it big almost right away. This happens a lot in the country world, but look at Kelly CLarkson. She had ups and down with her career. She even switched over to country with Reba before finally making it really big in the Pop world. Kelly has many country connections as her manager is Starstruck Entertainment. The CEO is Marvel Blackstock, Reba McEntire's husband. Her and Reba are great friends and Kelly is currently with Reba's stepson Brandon Blackstock. She had lots of problems with her initial management team from AI.

I remember being in the pool here on The Voice last year and Jermaine was not the expected winner. By all indications Tony Lucas was suppose to win, so for those thinking it will be Casasdee you never know.

I don't know why, but it seems like the country world is more accepting of their artists than the Pop world. How long has AI been on and how many have truly been successful? I think you named the ones that have done the best and two are from country and Kelly has those connections. Phillip Phillips has done really well with his song "Home" with it going double platinum and I hope he continues to do well. Love that song.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 12-05-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typing error

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Disappointed to see Amanda leave.
    What a voice and what presence she had. She was just on a totally different level from everyone else.
    Terry seems nice, but pretty boring, IMO, for a rocker.
    Glad that Nicholas made it.
    I feel like Cassadee's been pimped out since Blake gave her his song to sing. I liked Blake a lot, but that was pretty tacky,
    He also gave Terry his own song "Over" to sing so I think he was being fair IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I believe she asked him if she could sing it, and she had some reason it meant something to her, but I don't recall the details. I don't understand the Cassadee hate either, except that in all these shows it seems as though one person is cast as the "villain" by the forum. I know nothing about her past, but she seems nice enough, and music these days seems bland in general so she pretty much fits in with that. She's also the most marketable of the 4 that are left - or even the final 6.
    Not sure if it was that song that she wanted to sing for this reason, but Cassadee had her dad leave at some point during her life and was hoping that by coming on The Voice he would reconnect with her. Last time it was mentioned he had not.

FORT Fogey

Going againt the grain, but thank goodness for Melanie and Amanda going. Melanie is unoriginal in her attempt at being original. Amanda is a stellar singer and good for what she does. Back up. She has zero charisma.

Harsh, but those are my personal thoughts.

I think the right 4 remain. The thing they all share is that they are authentic and not trying to be someone they aren't. And, as for Cassidy, I'm NOT a fan of belter kinds of singers (a la Celine or Chistina). But she fits somewhere nicely in between and has a nice tone to her voice.

She'd make the most sense to win the show, but I think money is on Trevin. He has a good story and he is a good singer.

+ Reply to Thread