+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I liked all four of them on FB <3

At this point, how good are Cassadee's chances of winning, even?
    Pretty darn good if her fans think she might not and are motivated from the numbers I have seen. But if other artists fans vote for more than one of their favorites, maybe one of them might make it. I have noticed that from posting I have seen Cassadee's fans tend to only mention her. Others list their top 3 or 4, which may include her but often is a combo that does not include her.

OK, heard that Terry is now at No. 11 on iTunes. I feel if he can get that extra votes on it he will slip into the final 4.
    Last edited by Allie; 12-04-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I can't wait for tomorrow's results. Where again, y'all will either witness a JohnnyK meltdown or a JohnnyK party.

But no matter what happens now, at least one of my four will place in the Top 3 and at least get bronze. <3
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't wait for tomorrow's results. Where again, y'all will either witness a JohnnyK meltdown or a JohnnyK party.

But no matter what happens now, at least one of my four will place in the Top 3 and at least get bronze. <3
    If at least two of them make it, I am bring the bubbles to the party
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

At least two make it to F3? Yes <3. Because at least two will make it through tomorrow anyway

I think Cassadee's the one to beat. Forget Trevin. Come on, my four! You can do it! Nicholas Soup Beam! Terricus Slash! Melanie Slam! Amandina Scream!
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Since I work in a high school, I'll describe my likes and dislikes accordingly.

Soulful Bad Boy Who Makes the Girls Swoon

All hail Emperor Terricus! When my husband got ready to propose, he invited me to his flat and played "I Want to Know What Love Is." Therefore, Terry had me before he ever opened his mouth. Loved both of Terry's performances and great to have him back in full form.

Quirky Kid Who Ends Up Taking Over the World

Love love love me some Nicholas. That man could sing the National Anthem and I would listen entranced to every note. In fact, I think it would be awesome for him to sing The Star Spangled Banner. I bet he could do a really cool rendition like Jimi Hendrix.

Kitten Girl Who Ends Up as Big Pop Star

My favorite female performer, Melanie. Loved her first song, including and especially because of the staging. I like how she is totally unique and doesn't go for the standard "belt it out in front of a gospel choir/annoying dancers". I could totally see her as another Katy Perry-type. Remember how Adam (?) said a friend of his told him their daughter wanted a Melanie dress? Exactly. Talent aside, she's incredibly marketable, since you could spin off an entire fashion line from her.

And that, BTW, is why I think Christina is so jealous of Melanie. X wants another pop clone to win, just like the two women who got eliminated from her team. She's mad that Melanie is proving you don't have to be another assembly line pop singer for people to like you. (The same goes for Nicholas, too, but Melanie is a girl, and you know what they say about women being b*** to other women ....Nicholas also belongs to Team Ce-Lo and not Team Adam.)

Star of Every School Musical

I say this because in my high school days we had a girl like Amanda. She was African-American and could belt out songs to the rafters. As a consequence, she was always the star in our school talent shows and musicals. I like Amanda, but not as much as Melanie. I also thought her first performance was better tonight. I couldn't get past her costume on the second; I kept waiting for an alien to beam down and for her to kick its butt.

Nice Kid Whom You're Afraid To Tell Just Doesn't Have It

And then there's Trevyn. Sorry, but I just don't get the love. His singing actually hurt my ears tonight with all the high notes. That's what I've always hated about these singing shows. The judges and audience confuse lung power with talent. I would far rather listen to somebody lower and more unique than another belter. The same goes for Amanda. The only reason she's ahead of Trevyn in my book is because of her personality and style.

Pop Princess Diva Wannabee...IOW, most of the girls in the school.

What more is there to say? And I loved the phrase "white bread pop tart". Yes! That's exactly how I feel! She may have a good voice, but there is nothing to distinguish her from a million other pop star dreamers. Sadly, I think she's on course to win because that's what the market wants right now. I'm just praying that my Fantastic Four will also get contracts and leave her in the dust. (That smiley is for good-bye, not hello.)

Forgot to add: I thought Melanie's second song and staging were kind of cheesy. You know what, though? At least I can remember it.

Also forgot to add: Did anybody else like those dancers for Nicholas' first song? Oh man, I wanted to get my groove on just watching them.
    Thank you Babbred for doing all the hard work and doing this write up because you have said it all. I feel the same and I just want Terry to make it through. His first performance with him, the piano and the chello had me filled with goose bumps. Love Terry I did notice those dancers and you are right they did make you want to get your groove on.
    Allie, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Last week canadian_angel predicted...

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    With no one to have to look out for, I'm wondering if Christina's going to get even cattier?
    Yup! You nailed it CA!
    Shoepie, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

just checked itunes and Terry is at number 4 YIPPPPPPEEEEE....

Nick is at number 6 YIPPPPPEEEEEE....

Cassedee sorry don't know how to spell her name.....is at number 9

GO TERRY AND NICK.....
    Allie, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I enjoyed Melanie's second performance however I don't think she's as strong as the others. She's not "The Voice".

Also once again Christina makes it all about her. Not sure why she so rude to Melanie.
    I love Melanie - she is different - her voice is haunting and there is just something about her. Her Voice is not big and strong - what Christina A was looking for and look where her team is now - people want originality. I hope they give Melanie another shot. I personally flipped the channel when Trevin sang last night because I know that no matter what he sings they will go on and on and on and on about how good he is. Amanda can sing - but I feel no connection with her. I too agree that Cassidee may be the true star of the show - but I do think that Melanie is going to have a career.
    Shoepie, Babbred and sparklete like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Many great performances tonight!

September is not one of my fave songs but I like what Nicholas did with it. That guy could sing anything, his tone and inflections add so much to any song he sings.

Did not care for Melanie's version of Crazy, but loved her 2nd song. The staging was great and I could tell that she had a hand in that. Yet, BitchTina did not. BT tries to go so far in not giving Melanie any kind of compliment and looks like a fool while doing so. YAY! Adam puts her in her place. Melanie is so adorable!

Trevin's 2nd song gave me chills and that is very rare. Nicely done!

I missed Terry's 1st song, liked the 2nd. That's two songs he has sung that requires some grit/rasp in his voice, why does he choose songs like that? I wonder what he would sound like if he tried an older Bon Jovi song like Wanted Dead or Alive or You Give Love a Bad Name?

Amanda did great on both of her songs, she certainly does rock very well. I wish she would try some Heart. Barracuda or Crazy on You. Hope she and Terry are working on a duet together!

I thought Cassadee did better with her 1st song than the 2nd. It's funny that her voice has the same thin, tinny sound in the same places Avril does.

3 hours of Blake Shelton tonight! His not so family Christmas special is on right now. Gwen Sebastian (S2) has been singing backing vocals with him. Never thought I'd see Blake in a pair of tights! Awesomesauce!
    I love how Melanie doesn't even want to look at Christina because she knows that no matter what she does Christina will not compliment her. I love love Melanie and I loved both her songs - but Adam's choice for her was perfect and she sounded perfect. I loved when Adam said thanks for the compliment Christina because she keeps going on about the stage setting and thanking somebody from the back instead of focusing on Melanie. Melanie will show her one day....
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    I love Melanie - she is different - her voice is haunting and there is just something about her. Her Voice is not big and strong - what Christina A was looking for and look where her team is now - people want originality. I hope they give Melanie another shot. I personally flipped the channel when Trevin sang last night because I know that no matter what he sings they will go on and on and on and on about how good he is. Amanda can sing - but I feel no connection with her. I too agree that Cassidee may be the true star of the show - but I do think that Melanie is going to have a career.
    I also love Melanie. I get very tired of every song being a power ballad (aka Trevyn and Amanda) and although I don't know Cassadee's past, she's just okay as far as I can tell. Is Blake trying to make her a country star? Country already seems to have a growing number of generic female singers - don't need another one. I told DH last night that they probably want her (Cassadee) to win because she's the most marketable, but I had to take it back watching Melanie. I think Melanie, being unique and someone that young people can identify with (seems to me), she could end up having the better career.

I love Nicholas and Terry too, but can't see them as all that marketable either. I prefer unique (Melanie, NIcholas, Terry) to cookie cutter (the other three). I hope all three of mine make it through.
    Allie and Babbred like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread