+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/26 & 11/27 The Voice: Season 3 Top 8 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/26 & 11/27 The Voice: Season 3 Top 8 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Now that Dez is gone I have narrowed down my favorites to Terry, Nicholas, and Melanie. I wish that Melanie would come outside of her comfort zone.
    Trevin bores me. Nice guy, but not my style.
    Amanda turns me off. I don't buy it. She does have a nice voice. It's everything else that bothers me.
    Cassadee annoys me. I don't see her appeal.
    I think Melanie's comfort zone is her style. If she goes outside of that she won't sound like herself. That is happening on x factor with Demi's team. She made everyone be different.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It was cut so close to the end that my cable hijacked my TV to a pre-planned double DVR recording. I had to come in here to discover that at least one of the two I thought would leave, did so. I was really hoping for a Cody staying, Trevin leaving scenario. How many more church choirs can CeeLo pull out of his hat as back up?

To me, Cassadee does have a terrific pop voice with clarity and range, though I prefer Amanda's voice. However, Cassadee has the youth card Amanda lacks. I thought it interesting that she sang in duet a Lady GaGa song as she was a back up singer for Lady G.

For entertainment, I'll miss Cody, but the ones with voices and style (if not engrossing stage presence) have always been on my watch list: Melanie, Amanda, Terry, Nicholas and Cassadee.
    Allie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't think Amanda was a backup singer for Lady G, I think that was Chevonne? I could be wrong...often am! LOL
    JohnnyK likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

It was Chevonne.

Ah, the wonders of DVR. Hit a button and an hour show gets knocked down to 5 minutes. Well, ok, a little more than 5. I had to get me some Kermit. I don't care of that duet was weird, I still love the Muppets. And what was Janice doing in Xtina's chair? She's too mellow and cool. I thought for sure Miss Piggy would be there. And did anyone else notice Fozzie pointing his finger just like Blake? Too cute.

Loved Terry's shout-out. I wonder if he was the only one who actually did it? I also loved his comment about checking his accent. Hubby has lived here in the US for five years now, but at least once a week somebody still comments on his accent. Just last night we were sitting in McDonald's when an employee cleaning a table nearby turned and said, "I love your accent!"
    Arielflies and Gala62 like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Was Fozzie pointing his finger Blake style? I thought that he was making a gag expression(finger down throat)

Yeah, I caught the Blake pointing finger. Too funny. I love that Cee Lo doesn't take himself too seriously.
    Count your blessings!

I guess what I meant to say about Melanie coming out is that she should work on making some parts of her song more dramatic or with a higer range or something. She approaches it, but then backs down. Maybe it's a lack of confidence that she can push the volume or hit a higher note. I really think that would be nice to see. I still like her, but think that if she keeps it too monotone, it could get old.
    Shoepie likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

There is a Toyota ad for the "cleaner" models where they drive through an idyllic setting. At first I thought the singer of the jingle might be Regina Spektor, but listening to it this morning, it really sounds like Melanie.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I don't think Amanda was a backup singer for Lady G, I think that was Chevonne? I could be wrong...often am! LOL
    It was mentioned that Amanda was a backup singer for Alicia Keys. But also many other artists - link to bio:

"Amanda Brown’s classically trained voice is a favorite among many of today’s top recording artists. Providing backup vocals for such noteworthy and award-winning artists as Justin Timberlake, Lenny Kravitz, Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Hudson, Amanda is making her presence known in the music industry. Most recently, she completed the highly successful and critically acclaimed world tour with Alicia Keys as her backup singer.

Not only is Amanda a force in America, but she has performed around to packed houses all over the world including the U.K., Japan, Belgium, Spain, and Australia, just to name a few. She also regularly appears stateside in such venues as the Apollo Theater, Madison Square Garden, Carnegie Hall, the Hammerstein Ball and more. Perhaps one of her most notable performances was as a featured soloist at the internationally televised September 11th Memorial lighting of the eternal flame in Battery Park in 2002. She has also appeared on the Grammys, the Tonight Show, the Late Show with David Letterman, Superbowl XLII, the Nobel Peace Prize Concert, and Regis & Kelly.

Between going on tour with today’s top artists and her numerous television appearances, Amanda is currently working on her debut album, a lovely blend of catchy pop, rock, folk, and soulful R&B sounds."

Amanda Brown Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos
    Allie and Gala62 like this.

+ Reply to Thread