+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/26 & 11/27 The Voice: Season 3 Top 8 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 11/26 & 11/27 The Voice: Season 3 Top 8 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

My dream would involve Trevin and Dez getting booted tomorrow and Cassadee quitting for some reason. Will that happen? No. Will any of those three actually go? Probably not. But I was surprised by Bryan last week. I'd like another pleasant one.
    Gala62 and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    My fave performances of the night were Terry, Melanie and Amanda. If I had to only pick one, that would be Terry. He did a fantastic job with Over and it does sound better as a rock tune.

And so it continues.........XTina acting like a royal witch to contestants not on her team. What is her beef with Amanda I wonder? Why does she have to revert to behaviour that is reminiscent of a teen aged girl?

I'm a little nervous for Amanda. Every single girl that has performed first has gone home, hope that is not true this week. And didn't Cassadee get the pimp spot last week too?

This show needs to keep Cody. He is so entertaining to watch and always makes me smile!

I love Nicholas and did like his performance, although some of the changes he/CeeLo made were just odd. I felt so bad for him singing that Journey song, he looked so out of place!

I found an awesome performance by Nicholas singing a Beatles song:

Across The Universe

I don't think I have commented on this show this season, but have been watching since it began in season one. I liked this show because even though there are many singing shows out there I just liked this one for being a bit different. I have liked the changes this year and have to say this is my favorite season. The one reason I liked this show was the interaction that the performers have with their contestant. I think it's great that they perform with their team as well as have mixed team performances. I think that is one thing that definitely sets this show apart from the other singing shows out there.

I wanted to see what people were saying and I have to say I agree with with your picks. I hope Terry stays as well. I agree with those that said everyone had a wonderful performance last week and I was surprised at who left although I had no idea who would. I still have no idea who will go this week.

I had hopes for Xtina in the beginning because she started off showing a nicer side to herself, but once we got to the performances that stopped. Now she appears desperate. Would it kill her to give some positive comments? I like everyone else, but always love me some Blake Shelton.

Thanks for sharing the Nicholas song - it was great. When he first started I didn't think I would like him, but I do.

I'm suspicious that Cassadee is a plant. She made #1 on iTunes and instead of singing first, they put her in the pimp spot. I don't know who decides the order but it seems contrived. Yea I want Dez and Trevyn gone who should have been out last instead of Bryan
    Allie likes this.

I divided my votes among Dez, Nicholas and Terry. I like Melanie too, but think she will be okay.

I finally figured out what bothers me about Amanda. By the way, she did sound great last night. I loved her rendition of that song. The problem is that IMO she looks like a soccer mom trying to be a teenager. I just get that vibe from her. She also seems to look like she is pretending to have a great time, jumping around, smiling big, putting on in a way that looks exciting. Problem is that I don't buy it. I don't think I can warm up to that, no matter how good her voice is.

I like Melanie more each week. I find her amusing. I wish she would push more with her voice though. I think she does have the range to do it.

I'm sad that Dez had a song that didn't allow him to showcase his true talent. I get that Christina is trying to get him votes, but I had rather seen him tackle a real song.

I love Terry, but Blake sabotaged him with that song. He wants Cassadee to win and so is knocking out her competition, even on her own team. Not good.

My favorite performance last night was Nicholas. I just loved watching him use his voice. It has such a beautiful tone. He is the one I would really hate to see leave.
    taracran likes this.

So it looks like Cassadee, Melanie and Nicholas ALL made the iTunes top 10 (according to one site) They had the numbers as:

#2. Cassadee Pope – Are You Happy Now?;
    #4. Melanie Martinez – Too Close
    #10. Nicholas David – What’s Going On
    #18. Amanda Brown – Someone Like You
    #22. Terry McDermott – Over
    #36. Cody Belew – Somebody To Love
    #38. Trevin Hunte – Greatest Love of All
    #53. Dez Duron – U Smile

Does anyone know what popularity charts are saying? The one I found had Terry in the bottom two. :-( I don't like that one.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I can't wait until tonight's show!

You'll either witness a JohnnyK celebration or a JohnnyK meltdown.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    ETA: I wonder if the singers are trying things out of their comfort zone to stand out? Maybe they are trying to think too much out of the box or something? Wonder who is getting the pimp spot (last) this week
    I think that's why I usually don't care much for this part of the competition. They've gone from singing the style that got them noticed in the first place to something the coaches are picking for them or stuff they think they should be picking to stand out. To stand out, you need to be yourself all the way through. Even ones I liked in the beginning I'm not crazy about these past couple weeks. In fact, last night I actually turned it part way through and figured I could listen to what I missed online.
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Poll
    1. Amanda Brown – Team Adam – Somebody Like You – 23.32%
    1. Cassadee Pope – Team Blake – Are You Happy Now – 23.32%
    3. Nicholas David – Team Cee Lo – What’s Going On – 15.32%
    4. Melanie Martinez – Team Adam – Too Close – 11.71%
    5. Cody Belew – Team Cee Lo – Someone To Love – 10.01%
    6. Dez – Team Xtina – U Smile 6.71%
    7. Terry McDermott – Team Blake – Over – 6.31%
    8. Trevin Hunte – Team Cee Lo – Greatest Love of All – 3.3%

The Voice - Top 8 - Who's Going Home? Who's Your Favorite? - Poll - Rickey.org
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can't wait until tonight's show!

You'll either witness a JohnnyK celebration or a JohnnyK meltdown.
    Who going will melt you down? How many are eliminated tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Poll
    1. Amanda Brown – Team Adam – Somebody Like You – 23.32%
    1. Cassadee Pope – Team Blake – Are You Happy Now – 23.32%
    3. Nicholas David – Team Cee Lo – What’s Going On – 15.32%
    4. Melanie Martinez – Team Adam – Too Close – 11.71%
    5. Cody Belew – Team Cee Lo – Someone To Love – 10.01%
    6. Dez – Team Xtina – U Smile 6.71%
    7. Terry McDermott – Team Blake – Over – 6.31%
    8. Trevin Hunte – Team Cee Lo – Greatest Love of All – 3.3%

The Voice - Top 8 - Who's Going Home? Who's Your Favorite? - Poll - Rickey.org
    That was the poll I found. Hope it is wrong and that Terry makes it in. :-(

And Shoepie? I think JohnnyK will melt down if Amanda, Terry or Nicholas leaves. But I only think he has to worry about one

+ Reply to Thread