+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: 11/19 & 11/20 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/19 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round!! **SPOILERS**

I'm sad my favorite, Sylvia, left last night. I don't get it. I loved her voice. I bet she returns to law school.

I also don't get why Cassadee is so popular. Her voice is average and the bragging by Blake is sad. His exaggeration is laughable. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Girls with average talent are the trend right now. At least Taylor can write.

I was relieved that Dez and Terry were safe. They are my favorites now, oh, and Melanie too.
    taracran likes this.

Aw, crud. I was struggling to remember who was who on Blake's and Adam's teams. So who's on Adam's team, Amanda or Terry?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: 11/19 & 11/20 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Babbred, Terry is Scottish baby!

Amanda is Team Adam. He stole her from Ceelo.

Scotland, Wales, and England all comprise the island of Great Britain. Therefore, it is technically correct to call all of them British.

After I posted last time, I remembered Adam's commenting about how he tried to talk Amanda out of singing that song.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

I am so disappointed that Bryan is gone, yet Trevyn and Melanie made it through. I can't stomach either of Trev or Mel's voices. So disappointing these results. I guess I am left with Terry to root for now, with my fav Bryan gone. Sigh

Karey
    taracran and JohnnyK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Bottom three? They don't actually reveal the Bottom three do they? Just because Amanda was last to be announced saved doesn't mean she was in the bottom three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    As far as I know, they don't do a bottom 2, 3, 4 or anything, and I have a feeling that sometimes they leave the more popular ones til last for "drama." However, having seen who they left for the last 4, there was no drama at all. I would truly have been shocked if either Trevyn or Amanda had been elminated (although it wouldn't have mattered to me).
    It would have been ok for me if Trevyn instead of Bryan left as I really think that he sang the worst the other night. Melanie and Cody were bottom 4 last week and all the contestants saved by their coaches were in the bottom 4. Were they the actual bottom 4? Maybe, maybe not--- but judging from the polls and the itunes downloads, they were. It was on point. So far, the contestant in the death spot has been eliminated.

Let's see. They never call the safe contestants in order but the trend is that Carson usually calls out the safe contestants from each team until there is only 1 left on each team to make up the bottom 4. In this week's case, he kept 2 from Team Adam, not only in the bottom 4 but also in the bottom 3 which was unusual as he automatically decided Sylvia's fate when he called out who was safe on Team Adam (losing the suspense for Sylvia and the audience). Yes it was for drama that Amanda was put in the bottom 3, maybe because the producers wanted her to win because this would rally her fans to vote more for her. Otherwise they would put either Trevyn or Cody, both charting in the bottom, in there with Bryan and Sylvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Scotland, Wales, and England all comprise the island of Great Britain. Therefore, it is technically correct to call all of them British.
    Oh, I know that. But Terry is so proud of being from Scotland. And my husband's ancestors came from Orkney and he snorted at that idea. ;-)

Here is the latest recap of Popularity polls before the results:

From Digital Spy:
    1. Cassadee Pope 23.92%
    2. Amanda Brown 20.53%
    3. Nicholas David 12.43%
    4. Melanie Martinez 8.85%
    5. Cody Belew 8.29%
    6. Dez Duron 7.16%
    7. Terry McDermott 6.97%
    8= Sylvia Yacoub 4.14%
    8= Trevin Hunte 4.14%
    10. Bryan Keith 3.58%

From Rickey.org:
    1. Cassadee Pope 23.29%
    2. Amanda Brown 16.02%
    3. Dez Duron 9.96%
    4. Cody Belew 9%
    5. Melanie Martinez 8.92%
    6. Terry McDermott 8%
    7. Nicholas David 7.97%
    8. Sylvia Yacoub 6.49%
    9. Trevin Hunte 5.37%
    10. Bryan Keith 5.28%

From iTunes Power Rankings:
    1. Cassadee Pope – Miranda Lambert’s “Over You”
    14. Melanie Martinez – The White Stripes’ “Seven Nation Army”
    16. Amanda Brown – Grace Potter And The Nocturnals’ “Stars”
    19. Nicholas David – Bill Withers’ “Lean On Me”
    34. Dez Duron – Nina Simone's “Feeling Good”
    75. Terry McDermott – Bryan Adams’ “Summer of 69″
    92. Bryan Keith – Billy Joel’s “New York State Of Mind”
    142. Sylvia Yacoub – Rihanna’s “Girl On Fire”
    151. Cody Belew – Beyonce’s “Crazy In Love”
    155. Trevin Hunte – Usher’s “Scream”

From data above we knew that Cody did better than Trevin that's why he was not placed in the bottom 4. Trevin barely made it by the skin of his teeth! We also knew that Amanda was never in danger of elimination. I think the producers want Amanda to win but Cassadee is on her way.

Did America get The Voice top 10 results right? - The Hollywood Gossip
    [PHOTOS] The Voice: Season 3, Top 10 Rankings - TVLine

New Voting Rule For iTunes:
    Starting with the Top 12, iTunes downloads will count as one vote if the contestant’s performance does not make the top 10 on the main singles chart. But if the singer does make the Top 10, then the show will MULTIPLY the iTunes sales by 10. This could be a huge advantage to someone who gets a lot of iTunes sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Oh, I know that. But Terry is so proud of being from Scotland. And my husband's ancestors came from Orkney and he snorted at that idea. ;-)

When we lived in England, it was quite eye-opening for me. I thought Southerners and Northerners here in America didn't get along. We went on honeymoon to Wales, and it was a little disconcerting to read ENGLISH GO HOME on the sides of buildings. I think I did most of the talking that trip.

Scotland is a beautiful country. You're right, I should have called Terry a Scotsman. He'd probably snort and say something rude if I called him British. If we start an online petition, do you think we can get him to do that John Travolta impression before the show is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    When we lived in England, it was quite eye-opening for me. I thought Southerners and Northerners here in America didn't get along. We went on honeymoon to Wales, and it was a little disconcerting to read ENGLISH GO HOME on the sides of buildings. I think I did most of the talking that trip.

Scotland is a beautiful country. You're right, I should have called Terry a Scotsman. He'd probably snort and say something rude if I called him British. If we start an online petition, do you think we can get him to do that John Travolta impression before the show is over?
    I will soooooo sign that petition. And I would love to go to Scotland. :-D

+ Reply to Thread