+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 11/12 The Voice: Season 3 Top 12 Round!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 The Voice: Season 3 Top 12 Round!! **SPOILERS**

It's a matter of taste I guess, but my favorite this week is still Sylvia.

IMO the 3 weakest performances were Adrianna, Amanda and Cassadee.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

My favorites of the night were Melanie (she is becoming my favorite), Terry, and Nicholas. Least favorite: Dez. Never heard that version, but it was horrible. Also not a fan of power ballads so didn't like any of those. Cassadee was better than I've seen her in the pervious shows, and I liked Michaela. I will have to go back and rewatch Cody because I was interrupted while he was singing, but he's consistenly been one of my favorites so I don't imagine I wouldn't like it. I through Trevyn was horrible on that song. And good grief, so some 3rd grade teacher told him he wasn't going to amount to anything? It's not like his parents or someone close was beating him down. My 3rd grade teacher didn't like me one bit, but it sure didn't scar me for life.

Oh, and I think it's terrible that they are trying to "force" people to buy the iTunes songs by giving them x10 votes for each song sold. Didn't hear any song I'd care to own, and I don't like iTunes in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I thought that was a rather odd song choice for CeeLo to give Nicholas. He sounded good, but that just doesn't seem to be his style of song.

I think he did trim up his beard / mustache . He looks better.
    Are all the coaches giving them their songs? Because I thought some of them were just bizarre choices, including this one. I thought Nicholas did a good job with it, but a very forgettable song in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Team Adam's Melanie Martinez is our indie-folk singer. She's singing "Cough Syrup"

Whoa her pre-hair change picture looks so different.
    I've never heard this song. Googled the lyrics. So, is it about what I think it's about (getting high on cough syrup)?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Here are the iTunes Rankings as of today 12:16PM PT Top 100 Charts

32. When a Man Loves a Woman (The Voice Performance) - Trevin Hunte
    37. Behind These Hazel Eyes (The Voice Performance) - Cassadee Pope
    49. More Than a Feeling (The Voice Performance) - Terry McDermott
    50. Back To Black (The Voice Performance) - Bryan Keith
    61. Cough Syrup (The Voice Performance) - Melanie Martinez
    80. The Power of Love (The Voice Performance) - Nicholas David
    81. Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You (The Voice Performance) - Dez Duron

Outside the Top 100 charts:
    129. My Heart Will Go On (The Voice Performance) - Sylvia Yacoub
    178. The Best (The Voice Performance) - Cody Belew

Outside the top 200 charts:
    206 – Amanda Brown – Spectrum
    296 – Michaela Paige – Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Outside of the Top 400 charts:
    400+ Adriana Louise – Good Girl

Popularity Poll:
    1. Terry McDermott – More Than a Feeling – 14.97%
    2. Cassadee Pope – Behind These Hazel Eyes – 13.22%
    3. Bryan Keith – Back in Black – 11.46%
    4. Trevin Hunte – When A Man Loves a Woman – 9.55%
    5. Cody Belew – The Best – 9.39%
    6. Dez Duron – Can’t Take My Eyes off You – 9.08%
    7. Nicholas David – The Power of Love – 8.6%
    8. Amanda Brown – Spectrum – 7.32%
    9. Melanie Martinez – Cough Syrup – 6.85.%
    10. Sylvia Yacoub – My Heart Will Go On – 3.98%
    11. Michaela Paige – Blow Me (One Last Kiss) – 3.5%
    12. Adriana Louise – Good Girl – 2.07%

So we can therefore conclude that Michaela and Adriana will go home tonight.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Allie and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Faves for me? Terry for sure! Cody, Michaela, Amanda and Nicholas. These singers all have the vocal chops plus great stage PRESENCE. They own the stage when they're on it!

I.am.so.tired.of.Trevin.always .having.a.sob.story.every.sing le.time.
    Welcome to Turfville.

Seriously though, what should we start calling these people who keep reminding us of their sob stories and/or are being constantly pimped every chance the show gets? Turfs? Trevin is a Turf, then.

Whew. Looks like Terry will be safe. I didn't like Trevin's rendition, frankly. That song needs 100 percent and he gave 85. Now I think he CAN give 100 percent, but for me he did not. Cassadee was also an 85 percent for me, but I don't know if she has it to give 100. Don't understand the coaches' love for her, but she was by far NOT the worst one last night. I thought Melanie was one of the best of the night (of course Terry was the best! lol). You know who I didn't like? Nicholas. Thought his one at the piano that Ceelo told him to change was by FAR better. Want him to stay so he can ignore that advice next time. The look in his eyes when the coaches were talking to him broke my heart. (just imho of course). OK I am rambling. Will stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Whew. Looks like Terry will be safe. I didn't like Trevin's rendition, frankly. That song needs 100 percent and he gave 85. Now I think he CAN give 100 percent, but for me he did not. Cassadee was also an 85 percent for me, but I don't know if she has it to give 100. Don't understand the coaches' love for her, but she was by far NOT the worst one last night. I thought Melanie was one of the best of the night (of course Terry was the best! lol). You know who I didn't like? Nicholas. Thought his one at the piano that Ceelo told him to change was by FAR better. Want him to stay so he can ignore that advice next time. The look in his eyes when the coaches were talking to him broke my heart. (just imho of course). OK I am rambling. Will stop now.
    Allie, I agree about Nicholas. I much preferred his jazzy, club vibe behind the piano version. Ceelo picks some bizarre songs for his team. I wonder if he lets his people pick their own songs like some of the other coaches do?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Welcome to Turfville.

Seriously though, what should we start calling these people who keep reminding us of their sob stories and/or are being constantly pimped every chance the show gets? Turfs? Trevin is a Turf, then.
    I think we can call them producer's picks. They get the most pimping, air time and the sob story played out week after week. Unfortunately they can't predict how the viewers will respond to the constant pimping. Some don't mind, some will hate it and some will love it. Obviously the producers want Trevin/CeeLo to win, as they can't have the same coach win year after year. The others would probably throw a hissy-fit and not want to come back. XTina will take a season off and then come back and be victorious that season. Kinda predictable if you ask me.

What will be interesting to watch is IF Trevin doesn't win, and either Shakira or Usher get a win on their season. That could lead to some "interesting interactions" and might disrupt the chemistry that the coaches currently have.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post

I've never heard this song. Googled the lyrics. So, is it about what I think it's about (getting high on cough syrup)?
    According to the lyricist who wrote the song

"Lead vocalist Sameer Gadhia explained that "Cough Syrup" was written at a time when the band was unsigned, had no money and "didn't really know what to do with ourselves." The group, he continued, "felt somewhat oppressed by the universal expectation of what to do in Orange County...in suburbia in general. I think we really yearned to break out of that and do something a little bit different." Gadhia said the song is "kind of a cry for help" to "break free, not necessarily from oppression, but the common symptoms of suburbia like boredom, normality and homogeneity."
    Source: Cough Syrup (song)

I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I think we can call them producer's picks. They get the most pimping, air time and the sob story played out week after week. Unfortunately they can't predict how the viewers will respond to the constant pimping. Some don't mind, some will hate it and some will love it. Obviously the producers want Trevin/CeeLo to win, as they can't have the same coach win year after year. The others would probably throw a hissy-fit and not want to come back. XTina will take a season off and then come back and be victorious that season. Kinda predictable if you ask me.

What will be interesting to watch is IF Trevin doesn't win, and either Shakira or Usher get a win on their season. That could lead to some "interesting interactions" and might disrupt the chemistry that the coaches currently have.
    Hopefully CeeLo and Xtina don't come back. CeeLo sometimes look disinterested while Xtina always flashing her booby cleavage it's gross this is a family show. How do you think you'd feel if CeeLo is flashing his butt cleavage?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Welcome to Turfville.

The Gokey Affect
    That guy was the king of sob stories, which was rammed down the viewers throat every blasted week. Ugh.
    Allie and JohnnyK like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast