+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 11/8 The Voice 3 Live Playoff Results *SPOILERS*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 11/8 The Voice 3 Live Playoff Results *SPOILERS*

Wooohoooooo!! Everyone who I wanted/thought should go through did.

I was a little worried that Mackenzie would get voted in and CeeLo would have to choose between Nicholas and Cody.

Was also worried that if Blake had to choose between Liz and Michaela that he would take Liz. Thank goodness he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Part of me thinks that the fans she had back when she was with her band are what's keeping her here.
    Based on what I've read on the internet, Cassadee's fans are VERY vocal and loyal. Yet, last year Tony Lucca had 500,000 twitter followers at the beginning of the show and he didn't end up winning. While we do have social media and Itunes to give some indications of popularity, it's not everything. There is probably a large segment of viewers who are only watching the show and voting by telephone or on the NBC site. We never get those numbers or percentages, so we don't get the entire picture of who is the top vote getters each week. We could even end up with shocking boots because those who are watching the Itunes charts/social media will have a false sense that their favourite *appears* to be safe.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wooohoooooo!! Everyone who I wanted/thought should go through did.

I was a little worried that Mackenzie would get voted in and CeeLo would have to choose between Nicholas and Cody.

Was also worried that if Blake had to choose between Liz and Michaela that he would take Liz. Thank goodness he didn't.

Yes, I was a tad bit worried that Blake would keep Liz, since he said he wanted a country singer and he already eliminated his other country act. I'm so glad he went with Michaela, instead.

And does anybody else find it weird to see Ce-Lo with an all-male team after watching him lust after girls in tight clothing last season?

Based on what I've read on the internet, Cassadee's fans are VERY vocal and loyal. Yet, last year Tony Lucca had 500,000 twitter followers at the beginning of the show and he didn't end up winning. While we do have social media and Itunes to give some indications of popularity, it's not everything. There is probably a large segment of viewers who are only watching the show and voting by telephone or on the NBC site. We never get those numbers or percentages, so we don't get the entire picture of who is the top vote getters each week. We could even end up with shocking boots because those who are watching the Itunes charts/social media will have a false sense that their favourite *appears* to be safe.
    Exactly! And Tony even had the sympathy boost, with Christina being all catty towards him because of their shared background. Everybody was predicting Tony would win, but he didn't. Just like a lot of people thought Dia "Queen of Itunes" Frampton would win in Season 1. Never take anything for granted on this show.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Nicholas voted in! Woot! I'm happy CeeLo kept Cody over a possible teen throb, MacKenzie.

I, too, was surprised Blake let Liz go. But, as said, he loves Michaela and since she wasn't voted in, he had to save her. I'm sorry to see Julio go, though. I enjoyed the flavor he brought to the stage.

De'Borah also gone - not voted in. Another Woot -there is no WGWG now that MacKenzie is gone. Unless, Terry drags one out - will he? I loved Sylvia on the piano and am happy she made it through.

I'm happy with the results so far. Will Trevin win it all?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

there is no WGWG now that MacKenzie is gone
    But there's still HWG (hot white guy) in Dez. I figured he'd move on.
    Arielflies and Allie like this.

My predictions were on the spot from yesterday's thread except that America voted in Nicholas and CeeLo saved Cody. I thought it would be the other way around. So far so good. These are the correct top 12.
    Allie likes this.

Funny how we can hear things differently. I'm happy with all the results except the chick who played the piano. Her voice was like nails on chalkboard for me. I was actually yelling, "Make it stop!" at the tv when she was singing.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I'm ok with all the picks except I would rather have seen Lauren the wedding singer in the mix over Melanie Martinez on Adam's team. And for Blake's team, I really would have liked to see Julio and the female country singer in there somehow.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I thought Julio did a good job this round. I didn't hear his Battle Round performance, but of the three that I did, this was my favorite.
    Allie likes this.

I was sad to see Julio get cut also, I really loved his Spanish songs.
    I'm glad that Blake went with Michaela & her mohawk rather than Liz Davis! Liz is just like every other country female singer out there, whereas Michaela is so unique. I would have preferred Liz over Cassadee Pope though.

I'm thrilled that Cody Belouw was picked by CeeLo .
    Allie and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    But there's still HWG (hot white guy) in Dez. I figured he'd move on.
    It's a shame the looks got him in...if you close your eyes and listed to him sing he is really just average when you compare him to other artists.
    Allie, Cornholio, Babbred and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast