+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/8 The Voice: Season 3 Battle Rounds Begin!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/8 The Voice: Season 3 Battle Rounds Begin!! **SPOILERS**

CeeLo is really regretting the pairing.

I wonder if they have to steal or if they will go into the knockout round with uneven numbers.

Great show! Looking forward to the battles tomorrow night .

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    CeeLo is really regretting the pairing.
    What I don't understand is these coaches have been through this a few times before, so why do they keep making this mistake. Don't pair up your best singers against each other... it seems pretty simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    What I don't understand is these coaches have been through this a few times before, so why do they keep making this mistake. Don't pair up your best singers against each other... it seems pretty simple to me.

I think he seriously underestimated Amanda's ability.
    football_chick and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I think he seriously underestimated Amanda's ability.
    I watched a preview clip and he said he didn't realize how strong she was.

I think he admitted as much - that he pretty much put her into the pair expecting to get rid of her... which makes me wonder why he chose as song right in her wheelhouse. I love the addition of the steal to this show. It saves the unexpected standout like this. I don't think the question is "Do they have to use both steals?" but rather, "Why are they using them up so quickly?" They all had performers they wanted and didn't get in the audition rounds. The thing I like best about the steal is that we get more of the coaches fighting each other over the contestants. That part is hilarious. It's more like a game of chess now... when do you pair your strongest that you don't want stolen?
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

The addition of the steal makes this show much more interesting. I am curious as to how they will deal with uneven teams. My guess is that if someone ends up with fewer they have to choose from the pool of those who have been eliminated to make things equal.

They all try to pair one of their favorites with someone who they regret choosing. Seeing Ceilo make this mistake everyone is going to be extra careful the rest of the season.

It is difficult for me to hear who is better when it comes to country music. I don't care for this genre (understatment). Oddly I love yodling!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is difficult for me to hear who is better when it comes to country music. I don't care for this genre (understatment). Oddly I love yodling!
    That's how I feel about whatever style CeeLo's pair were singing. R&B? I clearly recognize they are both talented. However, it sounded like nothing but screeching to me. As for the country pair, clearly the yodeling girl (dont' have names figured out yet) was head and shoulders better than the duet.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

What a great episode! I am still not convinced that the coaches actually have the decision making authority on the pairing of the contestants. I think the producers do it and it's built for drama. If you paired a very stronge singer, with a less talented one, they would not get the dynamite performances like they got last night. JMO.

I thought the young girl in the mother/daughter pair was really good. I really wish that her mother would let go of her daughter and let her go on her own to build a singing career. (They are not the Judds.) The young girl has talent, but she needs serious training on how to conduct herself on stage. They were both lost in that area. The girl needs to learn how to smile, where to look and how to connect with the audience. I hate to be brutal, but she is being held back by her mom. I wish someone would tell her.

I think that Ceelo was prepared to lose the great female vocalist at the end. He knows that she is unlikely to win the entire thing, regardless of her voice. I hate to say it, but younger people are not likely to vote for her. They like younger, more current type artists, even if their voice is just average. JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast