Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By CupidGuest
  • 2 Post By JunkieGirl
  • 4 Post By Debb70
  • 1 Post By xmaskat
  • 2 Post By Allie

Thread: 10/2 The Voice 3: Audition Retrospective

10/2 The Voice 3: Audition Retrospective

Tonight we are supposed to see the best of the best auditions and get a lay of the voices for the upcoming battle rounds, which begin next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 10/2 The Voice 3: Audition Retrospective

The best of the best auditions show was fun to watch! Loved the fast pace and look forward to next week!
    Allie and sparklete like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm happy that they did this retrospective, since the format is not conducive to remembering all of the contestants. Have to admit that I was disappointed that they didn't feature those who didn't have their full auditions shown and why they were chosen.

Instead of doing Battle Rounds with just two teams why not feature one or two BR of each team? Having Blake vs CeeLo for how many weeks and then Christina vs Adam for how many weeks wasn't all that exciting. Still happy with the changes and how the show is doing ratings wise.

The Steal looks pretty fierce. All of the coaches are gonna break those buttons.
    CupidGuest and Allie like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I agree. I think that team against another team is better than competing against people on your own team. I wonder why they didn't make that change.
    CupidGuest, Allie, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.

I watched the repeat airing of the Best of the Best Auditions show tonight, but spaced off during the portion when they talked about the steal. Does anyone understand how this will work?

It would have been nice if the Voice had made the change to have team members go head to head against another team rather than battling with themselves during these elimination rounds. I guess this gives the coaches a perfect out to easily get rid of the fodder members on the team. I hope they've learned from previous seasons not to pit their top singers against each other in a battle, unless they want to potentially have one of their better singers wind up on another coaches team.
    Allie likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I watched the repeat airing of the Best of the Best Auditions show tonight, but spaced off during the portion when they talked about the steal. Does anyone understand how this will work?

It would have been nice if the Voice had made the change to have team members go head to head against another team rather than battling with themselves during these elimination rounds. I guess this gives the coaches a perfect out to easily get rid of the fodder members on the team. I hope they've learned from previous seasons not to pit their top singers against each other in a battle, unless they want to potentially have one of their better singers wind up on another coaches team.
    That would never work in theory though. Blake chooses Contestant A vs. CeeLo's Contestant A. Blake and CeeLo are going to vote for their team member with Adam and Christina the other two votes. That could potentially end up in a tie every single time. Would Carson be the tie breaker vote? Or the replacement NFL refs? They could possibly bring in other artists who would break the tie, but then they might not have seen the audition and it goes on and on.

The Steal. Let's use Team CeeLo's Tony Vincent vs. Justin Hopkins from last season. Blake and Adam preferred Justin, Christina preferred Tony and ultimately CeeLo chose Tony. With the steal, Adam, Christina or Blake could steal Justin for their team. But they only have 2 and there will be many more BR's this year.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am looking forward to the steal. There have been really good performers who went home when lesser singers made it through because of the pairings. At least a few will make it a round longer because of this. I know there are some singers who the coaches have their eyes on when they didn't get picked originally. Or regrets for not pushing that darn button.
    JunkieGirl and Jexter like this.

+ Reply to Thread