+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 10/1 The Voice 3: Auditions Week 4

10/1 The Voice 3: Auditions Week 4

Sorry I'm late with the thread. It looks like tonight and tomorrow are the final audition shows.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oct 1 Blind Auditions *Spoilers*

Hey where is everybody?

Many interesting auditions tonight, especially Chevonne who was a back up singer for Lady Gaga on her Monster's Ball tour. She sang Brass In Pocket by Chrissie Hynde, she wasn't bad but giving up a gig with Gaga to try and make it on her own? Don't think I'd ever do that, but hey at least she made the show.

I liked Nathalie Hernandez and Rudy Parris.

Good to see that they will be doing a highlight show tomorrow night so that we can see them again sooner rather than weeks from now.

Loved Blake's line in the promo: Look Christina does have a fan, as he holds up a little portable fan. Heehee.

Can't wait to see what y'all have to say about tonight's show.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

To the Point

Re: 10/1 The Voice 3: Auditions Week 4

I DVR and then start later so I can skip the hyperbole. Favorite moment of the night was the very last guy. That was hysterical! Loved, loved his reaction.
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I watch on DVR and skip the back stories. It is too early for me to register on names.

Random thoughts:

The latina who chose Adam stands out to me and I am glad Adam got her. I loved her comment, ok now we have to win this!

One of my favorite parts of this show is watching a judge, who has turned around, change their mind not fight for them! Ceilo puts his head back and looks up. I also like their mock fighting and banter.

Justin Beiber has certainly changed the perspective on the singing shows. Contestants have become much younger. I like this though I could not identify one of his songs if my life depended on it.

I also loved another of Adam's team. The redhead who said she was far from normal. Though dressed conservatively I noticed her tattoo and suspected she was going to be interesting. Time will tell but I see her lasting a long time.

Very glad we are going to see more of them tonight.

Apparently some contestants have not been paying close attention to the previous seasons. They always want a song that builds and shows off their range. I can only think those who didn't, couldn't.

I am not a fan of country music (understatement) and was pleased when Blake corrected the over the top girl near the end to tone it down.

I guess xtina loves her hair style because she could certainly change it easily. It is terrible! She needs a stylist because her clothes do not compliment her body shape.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-02-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Meh! Last night's episode lack talent. It looks like at this point in the competition, contrary to what the mentors were saying (looking for something special vocal-wise), they were just looking for cannon fodder. They already know who they like on their team and who they want to keep in the long run. The battle round is just formality to make the show more interesting. They will be cutting half their team! If their team is battling another team, then that's another story. But when contestants are battling their teammates, then as a mentor/judge I would already have my favorites and wouldn't mind cutting some off them. My strategy, if I were one of the mentors, is to pick contestants that stand out for me and contestants I can do without (16 is many so losing half is no big deal as I would have more than I need). Especially now with the steal twist, I wouldn't feel bad if I lose the one I don't select to the other mentors.

Be that as it may, I think the mentors should not be picking the winners in the battle round. Bring in a new set of objective judges who are there mainly to keep score (like a boxing match). This way, we avoid favoritism from the mentors. Maybe the team's mentor should keep score too that will be tallied along with the new set of judges. Of course you can't make the rival mentors judge the battle round because they will be biased and choose the weaker contestant.

Anyway, last night was disappointing. I can't believe they are turning around for singers who they would not have picked earlier. There were better talents the past weeks that didn't get pick. The worst of them is that back-up singer for Lady Gaga. She was bad! And the others that were picked were flat or pitchy most of their performance. The other two guys that didn't get picked actually were pitch perfect, more seasoned and sound more different than the other singers they picked who sounded similar to each other and other singers already been selected. The last guy stood out for me who I think was the best and good thing CeeLo turned around.

Yea, there were singers who would sing a song that doesn't show their range. The judges are looking for range apparently and singing a song that just stays in the mid range with very few lower and higher registers will not cut it no matter how great their voice is. Sometimes they will go for the high note at the very end when it's too little too late. Too risky to just do it in the end especially when the judges are having 2nd thoughts or not willing to gamble. So for those who are auditioning next year, they should know what to do now.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

The worst of them is that back-up singer for Lady Gaga
    I took a peek, and I enjoy the talent on the X factor .The Voice has alot of fans.I am not one of them.I don't like Cee Lo
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Voice is kicking a$$ in the ratings!! More viewers than DWTS and the oh so special demographic. Impressive, as I thought it was too much to air 2 seasons per year.
    Allie and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The Voice is kicking a$$ in the ratings!! More viewers than DWTS and the oh so special demographic. Impressive, as I thought it was too much to air 2 seasons per year.
    They are really doing well! It's pretty impressive.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet. Looking foward to tonight's.

ETA: I didn't realize this was a "best of" show. I won't be watching live.
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 10-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.

You were missed last night canadian_angel.

The show is doing so well that I am surprised that not many on this website are posting. Hopefully we can get more opinions and conversation going.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I took a peek, and I enjoy the talent on the X factor .The Voice has alot of fans.I am not one of them.I don't like Cee Lo
    Every time I peek in at the X Factor there is some idiot on stage and the judges are sitting there rolling their eyes and smirking. I'll stick with the Voice, although once they wiittle it down to the truly talented on X Factor, I may check it out again. Don't care for the judges, but I like the singing.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast