+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Season 4 Judges

Re: Season 4 Judges

Yes, you can post YouTube links. Link away.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, you can post YouTube links. Link away.
    OH, I must have misunderstood the rules. Here is the link for Blake doing Boys 'Round Here. It's a feel good song, IMO.
    Blake Shelton - Boys 'Round Here feat. Pistol Annies & Friends (Official Music Video) - YouTube
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I agree with you Debb Boys Round Here is such a feel good redneck rocking song. I like a lot of Blake's songs but that is my all time fave. Loved it so much that I saw on his twitter that they were offering free shipping if you ordered his new CD. So I bought it and 6 weeks later it still hasn't showed up in my mailbox. I'm getting a little ticked off, could have bought it at the store and listened to it over and over by now. Plus I'd like to hear his duet with Gwen.

I found these two videos and Gwen Sebastian is singing back up and looks to be having a great time:

Sure Be Cool If You Did at The Live Room

Boys Round Here at The Live Room
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Thanks. I would check on that CD and make sure it wasn't misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OH, I must have misunderstood the rules. Here is the link for Blake doing Boys 'Round Here. It's a feel good song, IMO.
    Blake Shelton - Boys 'Round Here feat. Pistol Annies & Friends (Official Music Video) - YouTube
    I see RaeLynn is in the video. I like the song, was hearing it on the radio and not even aware that it was Blake.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Oh I didn't know Raelynn was in it. I'll have to check it out again.

I loved that duet that Blake and Miranda did last night. It was the best version of that song I've ever heard.

I hope the judges, especially Usher and Adam, are over pointing out flaws with the contestants. They think they are being sensitive and being nice, kind and supportive, but they are actually insulting the contestant. Usher treats Michelle as if she is a shy, insecure, 14 year-old ugly duckling who needs for him to pull her up and boost her confidence. He's wrong. She's quite comfortable with who she is and how she looks. She' a grown 26 year-old woman. To continue to point things out about her appearance and taste in clothes and accessories is really insulting to her as a person, IMO. Enough is enough. I don't think Usher gets it. Maybe Michelle can break it to him.

And I really wish that Adam would stop trying to tell a plus size contestant that they can be beautiful too, despite their size. These women know this. To make comments and call attention to their size, like he did Holly the other night, is insulting and cringe worthy. It's like saying, even though you're overweight, you still look great. If you've never been a little overweight, you may not get it, but if you have you could feel how awkward those kinds of patronizing compliments can me. I am quite certain Adam thought he was being kind, but it's not kind. I hope someone explained it to him. Blake and Shakira get it. They don't say stuff like that.
    spockwhat likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope the judges, especially Usher and Adam, are over pointing out flaws with the contestants. They think they are being sensitive and being nice, kind and supportive, but they are actually insulting the contestant. Usher treats Michelle as if she is a shy, insecure, 14 year-old ugly duckling who needs for him to pull her up and boost her confidence. He's wrong. She's quite comfortable with who she is and how she looks. She' a grown 26 year-old woman. To continue to point things out about her appearance and taste in clothes and accessories is really insulting to her as a person, IMO. Enough is enough. I don't think Usher gets it. Maybe Michelle can break it to him.

And I really wish that Adam would stop trying to tell a plus size contestant that they can be beautiful too, despite their size. These women know this. To make comments and call attention to their size, like he did Holly the other night, is insulting and cringe worthy. It's like saying, even though you're overweight, you still look great. If you've never been a little overweight, you may not get it, but if you have you could feel how awkward those kinds of patronizing compliments can me. I am quite certain Adam thought he was being kind, but it's not kind. I hope someone explained it to him. Blake and Shakira get it. They don't say stuff like that.
    I agree with all of this SO much! For Michelle, there is nothing awkward about her, and I hate the comments that it is somehow surprising that someone who looks like her can sing. WTHeck.

As for Adam and comments that you are good looking and you're overweight, I've never really been overweight (pregnancy does not count!) and I CRINGE when Adam says stuff like that too. Even when Blake kept calling that one girl "sexy" after she sung that rocker song a couple of weeks ago. He wouldn't have said that about a thin girl, so it sounds patronizing when he has to keep repeating it for the overweight girl. If he had said it once, to anyone, it would have been ok, but it was overdone to keep repeating it.

ETA: yeah, I'm kind of watching it a bit again. I'm on reality tv shortage now that Survivor and AR are over.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I didn't take the comment by Blake about Sarah being sexy as being insulting. Maybe it went over my head. I thought he meant it since her performance was so saucy and it had nothing to do with her weight. I think that the judges could just keep it to the performances and that would be great.

Oh, AI was full of the judges commenting about size and confidence with several contestants. So rude.

Anyone watch Oprah's Next Chapter last night? All of the judges were on, as was Carson Daly (for a bit). I thought it was pretty good. I love Adam and Blake together! I want to hang out and have drinks with them

+ Reply to Thread