+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Season 4 Judges

Re: Season 4 Judges

I saw a side of Usher last night when he got all snarky with those young guys that did not appeal to me. IMO, he was angry at himself for picking both of these guys and he took it out on them. I'll have to keep my eye on him. Not feeling him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    UGH...Ceelo was just on Ellen and said that he would be back for shooting season 5 in June
    I did read an article that he and Xtina would be returning, but that Usher and Shakira would be staying. Time to make room for six chairs to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I did read an article that he and Xtina would be returning, but that Usher and Shakira would be staying. Time to make room for six chairs to turn around.
    Or does that mean Adam and Blake are leaving?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Maybe Adam is taking a break b/c he is going on tour (which I will be attending )
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply as I have not been on the site. The article I read said all six would be there. Adam said he would not be leaving the show as he loved doing it. If I can find the article again, I will post the link.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't like country music but I watched the award show last night because Blake was the MC! His cohost was adorable.

I googled Miranda Lambert and learned she came in 3rd on Nashville. I had no idea she had been on a reality show. Very cool. She soared to the top just like Carrie U and Kelly. I love that! She is gorgeous; I have not payed close attention until last night. And she won another award.

She was unknown until 2003 and now she is married to Blake! That is quite a story.
    You forgot homewrecker in your little homage to her. Blake married his long time girlfriend, a woman who worked as his road manager and helped him launch his career, and 2 years later he met Miranda. 6 months later he filed for divorce. I'm not a fan and never have been. They're trying so hard to make Blake and Miranda the next George Jones and Tammmy Wynette or Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Everyone seems so willing to look past her breaking up his first marriage. I have no respect for her and never will. She wins awards because country music wants a royal couple. People were so harsh to Trisha Yearwood when she broke up Garth Brooks' marriage and her career suffered. I honestly can't believe they are allowing Miranda's to flourish when she did the same thing. Maybe it's because Blake didn't have kids? I read that his first wife is an elementary school teacher in Kansas now and is barely scraping by. I feel bad for her not happy at all for Miranda. And while I can take Blake in small doses, I still look on him as no better than Usher in the female department.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If I were a country performer, I think I might give another coach a shot, because Blake will have country performers to spare and another coach might keep you around for that reason. Plus, I don't think Blake hestitates in sending home country artists on his team. He'll keep one around, but I don't think your odds of doing well on his team are that great.

Does anyone know how it's going for Blake's winner from last season?
    Cassadee Pope got pushed into country because of Blake. She's opening for Rascal Flattss on their summer tour so she's not doing too badly. I honestly don't think any of the other coaches would have taken her down that road though and I don't think she likes country music either.

Blake won the voice twice but with 2 really non-country singers. Jermaine was totally r&b and Cassadee, while pushed into country, is a true indie rocker. She never seemed happy singing country and she said that wasn't what she wanted to do. But now that she's seeing career opportunities thanks to Blake, I guess she's not going to look a gifthorse in the mouth.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    You forgot homewrecker in your little homage to her. Blake married his long time girlfriend, a woman who worked as his road manager and helped him launch his career, and 2 years later he met Miranda. 6 months later he filed for divorce. I'm not a fan and never have been. They're trying so hard to make Blake and Miranda the next George Jones and Tammmy Wynette or Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Everyone seems so willing to look past her breaking up his first marriage. I have no respect for her and never will. She wins awards because country music wants a royal couple. People were so harsh to Trisha Yearwood when she broke up Garth Brooks' marriage and her career suffered. I honestly can't believe they are allowing Miranda's to flourish when she did the same thing. Maybe it's because Blake didn't have kids? I read that his first wife is an elementary school teacher in Kansas now and is barely scraping by. I feel bad for her not happy at all for Miranda. And while I can take Blake in small doses, I still look on him as no better than Usher in the female department.
    I think you do speak the truth. Perhaps Blake's friendship with Reba and some other Nashville big wigs has bought him some redemption. I'm not sure if he is going to blow it if he continues to flirt publically and embarrass Mirands. She has made it known she doesn't like it. If he continues to hurt her, he may lose some support, because that will show that he's just plain mean.

I think that his drinking may play a big role. You can joke about heavy drinking for so long, before I think it starts getting scary. Nothing good can come of it.

I watched a video of Cassadee Pope performing recently at some kind of outdoor venue.(You Tube.) It appeared to be recorded by a fan, so I won't say much, but it was rather sad. I never cared for her, but I hope that video was not representative of what she's actually doing. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I don't know if there's any truth to this or not, since I don't know them personally. However, the story I heard is that his marriage was on the rocks long before he met Miranda and that Miranda did not pursue him while he was still married. Supposedly they became friends long before they got together romantically. Also supposedly, since Miranda's parents were private detectives at one time, she saw a lot of the lying, cheating, abuse, etc., and would not be the "other woman."

Nobody can "break up" someone's marriage if it's a strong one, so blaming the woman is wrong. Seems like I heard about Garth Brooks that his marriage was pretty much over before Trisha came into the picture, but I'd have to google that and who knows if you don't know the people involved. George and Tammy had a very tempestuous relationship, and it wasn't until George met and married his (last) wife that he settled down.

Since every story has a multitude of side, I will withhold judgment on anyone and just take it all at face value.
    Raye6696 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

My impressons of what happened with Blake and Miranda are based on interviews from a Behind the Story documentary in which Miranda and her family members described what happened. It's clear what happened from what they said.

+ Reply to Thread