+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I just think it's funny that Christina can sit there and say a song is inappropriate when she sits there during every show with her boobs hanging out. Now that's inappropriate.
    Christina's attire is much more disrespectful of women than the song Tony did. I'll have to look into that song. I don't know what she was talking about.

I have heard a few people say that there was something extra connected between Chritina and Chris. Did anyone notice this? I didn't. Poor guy.

Okay. I may have to take back what I said, although I do think Christin'a trashy appearance is annoying. I looked at the lyrics to 99 Problems that Tony performed. It's by JayZ. I have no idea why he or Adam thought that was a good choice of song. It's very inappropriate IMO. I could not understand the lyrics that Tony sang, but he must have deleted all the profanity and "N" words. I must say that I do agree with Christina on this one. I hate to admit it, but I think she was right. Whether she should have made her comment, I'm not sure about that. I do think Adam was wrong in his defense of the song. Selecting a song with those lyrics for the finale makes me really question Adam and Tony's judgment. Very poor.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-11-2012 at 10:25 AM.

For me I really like The Voice. I know no show is perfect, but there is more that I like about this show over many of the others. I like that this show is more about the contestant than the coaches. I like that they sit in their chairs and don't come out each week showcasing themselves. I like all the coaches with Blake being my favorite and I agree with others that Christina would be my least favorite. Her dress is inappropriate and she has especially this season made some unnecessary comments to the other coaches and contestants. I will say that Christina can sing and has a beautiful voice. I have seen her give great advice when coaching even if she can be rude at times during the show. The thing I like the most is they do the mentoring as well as the judging. Who better than the actual performers who know what it is like because of their own personal path to get to where they have. Blake, Adam and CeeLo are very current and all very successful so did not have to come on this show to promote themselves. Christina may be less current at the moment, but she by no means is considered a slouch in the music industry. I like that they get up on stage with their team and perform. They don't bore me with all the weeks of finding the contestants. Producers do that in the background or whoever it is that goes out to get the talent. Some of them have background stories, but again it is over quickly and not shown to me all the time, over and over again. I also like the fact that some of them continue on with members of their team exposing them to what it is like to perform. Some of them take their contestants and let them open for them while they are on tour. The actual show does not drag on for weeks which I think is a plus. I think the only complaint I have in regards to the show is the battle rounds. As a person watching on TV it is harder for me when it is between the two people. Maybe it is easier for them sitting right in front of them. I think this show had some great talent and was surprised at some of the performances because I might not have thought they were that good to begin with. Working with their coaches I saw how they developed and showcased by the coach. Song choices were worked on together. I felt that the songs fit these contestants better as they were age appropriate. I saw some beautiful performances by some of the contestants that did give me goosebumps. Those that I can quickly think of would be and in no particular order Katrina, Cheesa, Juliett, Chris Mann and of course Jermaine. When Chris Mann performed "You Raise Me Up" I definitely had goose bumps and not many can do that song like Josh Groban. Jermaine did that same thing with "I Believe I Can Fly".

I can't tell you how happy I was when Jermaine won. To see him with his wife, holding her tight while trying to sing and showing how thrilled he was was a sight to behold. The last performance night and then the final were the best shows I have seen in a very long time. As I previously mentioned no show is perfect, but this show for me is one that I truly enjoy watching. Of course these are just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I just think it's funny that Christina can sit there and say a song is inappropriate when she sits there during every show with her boobs hanging out. Now that's inappropriate.
    and it really looked like she was wearing a diaper
    homeontherange likes this.

FORT Fan

While I consider Christina's wardrobe to be of questionable taste and think that she looks much better when she wears less make-up, I have been ambivalent about her until she spoke up about the lyrics to 99 problems. I say good for her for speaking up. They are demeaning to women, and Adam and Tony were being a "pain in the ass" (to use Adam's description of himself - google it) in singing it. It backfired on them and I wouldn't be surprised if the feud between Christina and Adam shifted people on the bench about their mentees to vote for one of the other mentors' singers.
    Allie and Debb70 like this.

FORT Regular

Fans got it exactly right, based on the last show.

Ceelo ruined Juliet, tarting her up in clothes that didn't jive with who she is and helping select the wrong songs for the final competition.

Jermaine deserved the win, but I think Juliet has a shot at being bigger if she gets proper guidance.
    Debb70 likes this.

While I would have loved to have seen Jamar make it to the F4, I am very happy that Jermaine won. He did a phenomenal job.
    On another note, I have a lot of respect for a show that has black R & B singers win 2 years in a row!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While I would have loved to have seen Jamar make it to the F4, I am very happy that Jermaine won. He did a phenomenal job.
    On another note, I have a lot of respect for a show that has black R & B singers win 2 years in a row!
    ETA - A black singer and an hispanic singer; not 2 black singers.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I liked alot of the contestants this year but none really popped for me - not like last season, anyway. Of the final 4, I'm glad Jermaine was the one to take it. The risk in leaving his back-up singing gig for this opportunity was HUGE and I hope it pays off.

I was very surprised, though. He has a rather bland personality and wasn't engaging at all - at least not to my tastes. Still, I'm glad he won.

Reg. Tony Luca....the thing is that Christina A. was cruel to him when she described his singing as limited or some such thing. It was an unnecessary jab and I can only think it went back to her time on Mickey Mouse Club or something. It was so unnecessary, it was odd. Even her cruelest comments to others weren't as mean and cruel as her comments to Tony.

Seems unlikely, but it would be nice if Tony got a decent gig on the heels of the show.

Tony lost my vote due to 99 Problems.

Christina was harsh in her critique of Tony. But she wasn't wrong. Up to that point he had been one note and I did not like him.

When he changed it up and did the Brittney song, yes, that was a jab at Christina, but it was also very good and made me look at him again. AND it wasn't over the top. The feud should have stopped there. Carson doesn't call on every judge for each contestant, he should have stopped calling on Christina if she couldn't avoid being snarky. And she was snarky.

Of the judges, Christina often gives the most honest advice. But she needs to learn to do it in a softer way sometimes.

Adam used to be one of my favorites, but his antics over the finale have turned me off and shown me he has the maturity of a school boy.

And lastly, Juliet had walking pnemonia for her final performance.
    Allie likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112