+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    Could not agree more! I thought each of the final 4 were good singers, but could not get past the shenanigans Christina pulled. I know she makes for good TV, but I wonder if she is a coach next year will contestants choose the other coaches over her if more than one turn around?
    I don't know. I was floored over how many chose her this season. She may be worse this year, but she was no picnic last year, either.
    Uncle David likes this.

Who is John Galt?

I am thrilled Jermaine won and not surprised at how the line up turned out. I would have flip-flopped Tony and Chris and put Tony in fourth. Personally, except for performance ability, I don't think his voice was anywhere in the vicinity of the other three.

Christina - tsk, tsk! Why on earth would she wear that outfit? Excuse me, and I am not taking anything away from full-figured women (being one myself at present), but those bottoms only look good on girls with slim hips, flat tummies, and well shaped thighs (none of which apply to Christina). However, I doubt her sometimes questionable behavior towards Tony and Chris (she seems to have a big crush on him and doesn't try to hide it) had much to do with the line-up. Chris Mann has a gorgeous voice, but not really suited for this venue. I liked him better when he was singing classical music. He sounded wonderful in Prayer (to bad Christina had to sing duet - it mucked up the effect).

Juliet was too inconsistent - sometimes absolutely fabulous and sometimes slightly off. But I definitely thought it would be between her and Jermaine.

as a Chris Mann fan I thought it was pretty crappy that Chris was in 4th because of his coach. What ever happened between the coaches, it in no way should have affected the performance vote. People that voted for others because they didn't like Christina were not being true

Jermaine was good but so was Chris.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7
    I think Blake had alot to do with Jermaine's win, he's super popular & country music fans would throw their votes his way because of Blake. In a race this close being all four contestants were equally good maybe the mentor was the difference.
    That didn't help Dia last year who came in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me as to why Christina was wearing a sequined diaper last night? lmao Whomever in the wardrobe department that told her that looked flattering on her should be fired immediately. Wow...just wow...
    DiaperTina has worn that type of short shorts for awhile now, obviously she must like that look. Why is a mystery to me, it's not flattering to her at all. Either are the camera shots from behind, even when she is wearing a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    as a Chris Mann fan I thought it was pretty crappy that Chris was in 4th because of his coach. What ever happened between the coaches, it in no way should have affected the performance vote. People that voted for others because they didn't like Christina were not being true
    I'd be curious to find out why and how everything shook out, but we'll never know. Perhaps some "leaks" will come out eventually. It sounds like the votes were pretty close between all 4 though.
    If it's any consolation, if Chris had won could you imagine what XTina would be like next season? She's insufferable now, but if her contestant won~~She'd be intolerable to watch at all!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post

Jermaine was good but so was Chris.
    Honestly, I don't think Christina was a determining factor overall. I noticed a ton of people on various forums saying they were voting for Chris even though they hate Christina.

I do think that it's fair to make the point that she might have swayed some people not to vote for him (with the amount of people who hate her and all), but at the same time she has a solid fanbase; she probably swayed just as much people to vote for him than she did people to not vote.

Also, if the feud really had that great of an impact, Tony would have won. Expanding on that point, if the hate against Christina were strong enough to get Chris in 4th place, then it should have driven all of the votes on Tony's side and thus leading him to a clear victory.

I saw interviews online where Chris and Tony say that they think the feud affected them negatively. Like I said, I think it's fair to think that she might have affected Chris negatively, even though I don't think that's the case. As for Tony, that's a bunch of hoopla from his part. We all know that he and Adam came out of this feud looking like the good guys and thus arguably got more votes from it.

I really liked Chris and thought he and Juliet should have been the Top 2, but out of all of the results last night, his placement was not as shocking as the rest. Still surprising, but I still half-expected it. Along with Jermaine, I always felt like he skated under the radar and had no chance of winning. Obviously I was wrong with Jermaine, but I guess I was right with Chris.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

hopefully someone at the voice would talk some sense to Christina before season 3.
    Uncle David likes this.

I realize that no one is perfect, but I think this year I have seen more warts on the judges. I wouldn't mind if they cleaned house and got all new judges/coaches. Blake isn't too bad, except that I get sick of him and the others eating up a performance that sucks. That goes for all of them.

Ceelo is too impressed with a chick in hot pants. Skin and not talent seem to lead him by the nose. I'm not impressed with that. Next season, let's hope contestants have his number. Only hot girls in short pants need select Ceelo as a coach. He'll throw all others under the bus.

There is nothing more I can say about Christina. I would NOT want to be on her team. She's rude, out of control and mean. All in support of witchy, get in her line.

Adam ticked me off when he gave all those extra points to Tony over Katrina. I didn't like that. PLUS, I can't stand it whenever it comes his turn to speak and those fans yell, WE LOVE YOU! Then he has to say, love you back. I'm sick of that. KICK them out for goodness sake. Plus, all the fuss he made over Tony was much to do about nothing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    I think Blake had alot to do with Jermaine's win, he's super popular & country music fans would throw their votes his way because of Blake. In a race this close being all four contestants were equally good maybe the mentor was the difference. No matter who won it would not have been a disappointment.
    I like country music and I like Blake, but I wouldn't vote for a contestant just because he was the coach. I think people vote for a variety of reasons, but mostly they vote for who they personally like. I don't know if the feuding helped or hurt any of the contestants, but I have to wonder how many people, like myself, were oblivious to the whole thing until reading about it online the next day - after the voting was over.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Re: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Really tired of Xtina's claims that her problem with the 99 Problems song was because of how it was anti-woman. The only woman she's ever concerned with is herself.

I know that one of the reasons this show works because of the chemistry or balance between the judges. I'm ready to see her go and have them try out someone else. Her snotty attitude is so unattractive.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just think it's funny that Christina can sit there and say a song is inappropriate when she sits there during every show with her boobs hanging out. Now that's inappropriate.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread