+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Jermaine votes were vs Erin's votes. So his following could be larger or smaller than the other contestants. The votes we get show are not total votes, but a percentage of votes for Team Blake. Not vs the other teams.

I have mixed feelings about the judges votes. I think the voting formats leaves too much power in the hands of people who will never spend a time to sustain their favorite performer should they win. And as a result, the best usually doesn't win and the winner's albums tank. So having a professional able to sway the vote doesn't bother me as much as it bother's others.

That said, with this show and with Idol, you can see how well each performer sells on Itunes. This is cold hard cash. Now part of that sale is the song choice. If my favorite does a song I hate, I'm not going to buy the damn thing. If a contestant I just sort of like does a song I love, I might buy it. Even tho they are not my favorite.

So Adam boosting Tony over Katrina when she has topped him on sales does kind of bug me. She has been out selling Tony pretty consistantly.

I sort of wonder if Adam was on the fence and picked Tony because it had the bonus of pissy off Christina. But I do believe Adam felt Tony had the better chance to win and I think he blew it. The three guys will be competing for votes. And that may be the difference this year.

Last year the three girls competed for votes and Javier won. I think it is Juliet's this year. Would have been more interesting if it had been two girls and two guys.
    Doh! I knew that, yet my silly fingers still typed out my thoughts. Haha. It just seemed that he got so much more because Erin received so much less. Thanks.

I agree with most of your post. In booting Katrina, he thinks Tony wins based on fan votes. Well the fans showed him that he was wrong. Of the final 4 I do want Juliet to win. Hope I didn't just jinx her.

For those who are missing Jamar, go see him on Ellen Degeneres show. He was ecstatic to be there and it sounds like he is stoked for his future plans in activism as well. He is just a pure joy to watch!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I liked everyone in the Final 8, talent-wise, so that leaves little incidentals to wish someone gone.
    And my wish was granted when Jamar didn't make it to the next round.
    Jamar is talented, to be sure, but he looks like a bobble-head doll in the back window of a car in front of me.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    I'm not so sure Javier fits into R&B in any way.

I hate that Jamar is gone. I had him winning it all. Not sure if I care who wins at this point.
    Agreed on all points. Javier isn't R & B, and that's his challenge. I loved Jamar, and he was my winner. I'll watch the finale, and if I'm moved by a performance, I'll vote.

I have been trying to remember who Tony reminds me of, especially when he did that song How Do You Like Me Now. He came off as too old IMO, but sounded good. I finally figured it out. Has anyone ever heard of Paul Lynde? I'll leave it at that.
    Jezebella likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been trying to remember who Tony reminds me of, especially when he did that song How Do You Like Me Now. He came off as too old IMO, but sounded good. I finally figured it out. Has anyone ever heard of Paul Lynde? I'll leave it at that.
    OMG, too, too funny....
    Many years ago, my uncle came out to visit me. Paul Lynde was also at the airport - on my same flight.
    My uncle went over and started talking to him. Turns out he thought he looked familiar as he was so used to seeing him on Hollywood Squares at that time that my uncle just assumed Mr. Lynde was a friend of his. It was really funny.
    AsIs likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789