+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 4/30 The Voice 2: Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 4/30 The Voice 2: Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I hate that they always run out of time. Hey, here's a thought, cut the green room segments!
    Nope. If they cut out the time that CrazyTina makes it about herself, they could cut this show down to 1.5 hours!

Well, well, well. The performance of the night for me was......

Katrina Parker. That girl has impressed me so much! I've always liked her, but didn't think she ever had a shot at the finals. Now I do! Tony may have the Mickey Mouse Club and twitter followers but Katrina can sing! Wow. I so hope that Adam gives her more points and that people vote for her.

Love, love, love Jamar. That boy is joy! Did not like that performance though. It might have been OK with out the electronica stuff.

Juliet's attitude has annoyed me, but I do like her voice. Rock music does need a female singer who doesn't sound like everybody else. Juliet fits that bill. Personally, I didn't like her performance tonight as much as the audience did.

I'm torn. I wouldn't want to be in CeeLo's place right now. Can we just knock off Team Blake so CeeLo can have his 2 in the finals? Gah. I feel so bad for typing that.

Speaking of Blake. Loved his performance but wow, the band overpowered him too. It must not sound that bad in studio but on TV the singers have been drowned out by the band for weeks. But Blake too? Weird.

For some odd reason I have only heard Ave Maria sung by women. Hearing a male sing it...was different. Chris did a wonderful job, I liked it. Not sure how that will work out for him in terms of votes.

And of course, CrazyTina surprises us all by being humble and oh so sweet. ARGH. I do hope that Tony gets a sweet record deal out of this and have his songs played on the radio. I'd love to be in CrazyTina's car, cruising along while she listens to his song for the first time. It would be poetic justice that he is currently on the radio and she's not.

I did like the 2 group numbers. Chris was awful in his solo portion but otherwise it was all good.
    AsIs and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am so glad that I have this forum to come to and read about what is going on. I can not stand Christina, she just ruins the show for me. I flipped through the channels and stopped long enough to see her crown headpiece. That was enough for me. I love Blake and I love Chris, Tony, and Jamar and will continue to vote for them but if I never see another episode my life will continue on just fine.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I think Christina just wanted to get up to show off how bottomless her "dress" is.
    Probably. Did she get the outfit from her movie, Burlesque?

Too bad that Jamar and Juliet are on the same team. Team CeeLo is the strongest by far this year. After Xtina cutting Jesse out of the competition, she turned out to have the worst and weakest team. Unfortunately, I don't like the way this semi-finals is being handled. Why cut 1 from each team? Let America vote and determine the 4, then we will know who has the weakest team. What if Jamar and Juliet are the two highest vote getters and then Lindsey and Chris are the lowest vote getters? That is not fair for one of them who gets cut because Lindsey nor Chris do not deserve to be in the top 4. I wish we have a wildcard spot (yes a fifth finalist which would be a great twist) who is someone who has the highest number of votes that is left from the 4 eliminated.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Too bad that Jamar and Juliet are on the same team. Team CeeLo is the strongest by far this year. After Xtina cutting Jesse out of the competition, she turned out to have the worst and weakest team. Unfortunately, I don't like the way this semi-finals is being handled. Why cut 1 from each team? Let America vote and determine the 4, then we will know who has the weakest team. What if Jamar and Juliet are the two highest vote getters and then Lindsey and Chris are the lowest vote getters? That is not fair for one of them who gets cut because Lindsey nor Chris do not deserve to be in the top 4. I wish we have a wildcard spot (yes a fifth finalist which would be a great twist) who is someone who has the highest number of votes that is left from the 4 eliminated.
    Ha! jammyjoe, I said the same thing last year. I wanted Blake's 2 girls in the finals, knocking out the crazygirl's team. This year I want CeeLo's team in the finals knocking out TeamBlake. The final 4 should be voted in despite teams.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Christina looked like a complete drag queen last night, tiara and all. She looked just like Boy George. Anyway, that said, she couldn't possible have annoyed me anymore, taking every, single opportunity to talk about herself when she should have been talking about, and critiquing the performers. And telling Adam what direction he should have taken with his performer etc. Lord, get over yourself Christopher.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was hopeing Katrina would do well last night and she did. The trouble is that I'm not sure if she can sail passed Tony. I think Adam has more faith in Tony and may give him more points. I also wonder if Tony may get more votes in a PROTEST against Christina. Her little thing against him could work in his favor.
    I still think Katrina did well.

I was sorry that Erin did not deliver that song as well as I think she had planned. I wonder if that is why she was so emotional. She has an amazing voice, that IMO was not displayed last night. I fear it was not enough.

I found Jermaine impressive, though I don't care for that song.

Juliet is really talented, but as others have commented, she just doesn't appeal to me. She seems to be the one to beat though.

I'm done with Christina. Much has been said about her on this thread and I agree. The ego on her is unreal. I'm so over it. Next, please.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was hopeing Katrina would do well last night and she did. The trouble is that I'm not sure if she can sail passed Tony. I think Adam has more faith in Tony and may give him more points. I also wonder if Tony may get more votes in a PROTEST against Christina. Her little thing against him could work in his favor.
    I still think Katrina did well.

I was sorry that Erin did not deliver that song as well as I think she had planned. I wonder if that is why she was so emotional. She has an amazing voice, that IMO was not displayed last night. I fear it was not enough.

I found Jermaine impressive, though I don't care for that song.

Juliet is really talented, but as others have commented, she just doesn't appeal to me. She seems to be the one to beat though.

I'm done with Christina. Much has been said about her on this thread and I agree. The ego on her is unreal. I'm so over it. Next, please.
    For that matter, what is Christina's beef with Tony? She's the one who went on to a successful pop music career post Mickey Mouse club, while Tony apparently went nowhere. Why the heck she even has a beef with him is beyond me...geez.

I don't Erin did nearly as well with her song as everyone was letting on either. She was very off-pitch for most of it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I had high expectations for Erin, but it was as if she just could not get it out. Why she choked on it, is beyond me. I feel for her, but all she had to do was deliver and I don't think she did. Jermaine was not my favorite between the two, but he took it last night IMO.

I'm low on favorites for this show. I really like Katrina, but if she doesn't stay tonight, then I don't really have a favorite. I'm all open to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Ha! jammyjoe, I said the same thing last year. I wanted Blake's 2 girls in the finals, knocking out the crazygirl's team. This year I want CeeLo's team in the finals knocking out TeamBlake. The final 4 should be voted in despite teams.
    Rocker chicks don't usually do well in the finals. That being said Juliet Simms got the highest ranking on iTunes

5. Itís a Man's, Man's, Man's World (The Voice Performance) - Juliet Simms

However, last week, she still lost to Jamar. So this will be interesting. Lindsey, now the weakest voice among the contestants will win over Chris.

15. Skinny Love (The Voice Performance) - Lindsey Pavao

Katrina just beat Tony in the rankings and may be able to get through the finals granted that Adam give them an equal score.

22. Killing Me Softly With His Song (The Voice Performance) - Katrina Parker

Jamar is ranked 26th. Really far from Juliet while Ceelo gave her a standing ovation which means Jamar will get a lower score from him

26. If You Donít Know Me By Now (The Voice Performance) - Jamar Rogers

Tony's chance lies on Adam and that America voted him through last week. Katrina was not Adam's original favorite but he has saved him twice now.

28. How You Like Me Now (The Voice Performance) - Tony Lucca

Chris, Jermaine and Erin are so far down the chart that they are not worth making the top 4. Team Blake turned out to be the weakest this week.

42. Open Arms (The Voice Performance) - Jermaine Paul
    50. Ave Maria (The Voice Performance) - Chris Mann

Erin Willette is not even in the charts. She's definitely a goner.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-01-2012 at 02:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast