+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 4/16 The Voice 2: Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 4/16 The Voice 2: Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfdallas View Post
    I concur. I think she's particularly fake when she over-twangs w/her mouth curled up to one-side (see, e.g., team-song last night).
    Exactly. Trying way too hard. Almost a caricature of herself. Certainly not the thing successful and lasting artists are made of.
    Shoepie and mindy384 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ray Lynn does really well on Itunes. So does Lindsey.

Jermaine is probably the most solid on Team Blake. And Erin and Blake had a emotional connection, hence Jordis was the easiest boot for him emotionally. And as a plus, he could blame the voters for last week not saving her. Saving face for him. I don't like it, but in truth, Jordis would have gone in the elimination show if he hadn't booted her. I just wanted to hear her sing one more time.

If Xtina picks good songs for Lindsey, she might have a contender for the last show. If she doesn't, then she has no chance of winning.

Jermaine is probably Blake's best chance of winning.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

OMO
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I was totally shocked when Blake cut Jordis! WTH? That was a stupid move.
    From the looks on Adam & CeeLo's faces you could tell they both thought Blake made a huge mistake.

Basing his decision on the fact that she was in the B3 was dumb. I bet she would have done much better in the voting this week after her fabulous 'sing for your life song' last week, and her performance last night. Both of those songs were a million times better than the rock song that landed her in the B3.
    No question in my mind, you are correct, in fact I think Jordis was Blake's biggest talent. She can sing country, rock, blues or pop. She did really well with both songs.

Blake is a standup guy, so I'm not going to knock him, but I think he's way overestimated RL's appeal even to the country community. I don't think she has a career. In fact I think the country community will be more inclined to embrace Jordis! But, hey, that's just my take.

I would have loved to see that Chris Mann do something from Phantom of the Opera. Even better if it was with that Tony guy that was eliminated who was on broadway. I don't put a lot of thought into these singing shows anymore especially when they're open about people essentially being professional singers before going. But I still think that would be a darn interesting duet.

Other than that thought I was really not into anything last night. I fully agree 2 hours is entirely too long for these shows and it seems like more and more of these game shows are going to multi-night 2 hour marathon shows and thusly I find myself not watching in any great depth. I caught a bit of Erin singing that Adele song. I couldn't stand to watch that poor thing stand up there on stage in that hideous dress. It sort of reminded me of some behind the scenes show I watched on America's Next top Model where they had no interesting clothes for the bigger girl to wear. I totally felt that vibe running through that outfit.

I liked Christina's song only because that is one of my favorite songs of hers. Although I think some of her team did no favors to that song.

I refuse to invest in these cover songs on Itunes so I really have no idea how any of these folks are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought Blake did the right thing by letting go the one that the voters had let go the week previous.
    Guess you and I are in the minority. I only watched the show last night and FF through all the filler stuff, only listening the performances. By the end of the recording, the only thing I remembered about Jesse was the pictures on the stage, which I thought was just a bit weird. Nothing in his singing jumped out at me. I didn't listen to the judges' comments, so I didn't know they said he was the one to beat. I don't know why they said that, though, because, except for that lovely rendition of "It's a Wonderful World," he wasn't that memorable to me. Also, in the results thread, somebody said that he's now demanding an explanation from Christina. Makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes that we didn't see. If he has that kind of attitude, then I'm not sorry he's gone. He reminds of those contestants on Idol who would disregard what the mentor said, give a lousy performance doing it their way, then get a nasty look on their faces when they were called out (Gokey, I'm looking at you). If you're not going to work with your mentor/judge, then you deserve the consequences. All in all, I prefer Jermaine and think he has a strong chance to win.

And I'm sorry folks, Jordis may have been great once upon a time, but she hasn't been on this show. Nothing about her made her memorable to me, so I don't particularly care that she's gone, either.

While Rayelynn is rather odd, IMO, I think that many young people like her crazy style. I think she will gets lots of votes. You don't have to be a great vocalist now to make it big. I have a difficult time accepting that, but it's true.
    That and she was getting a ton of downloads on Itunes and the country music community is fawning over her (per Blake) already. I would have made the same decision to keep her, too (although I'm glad Blake changed his mind last night and kept Erin).
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OMO View Post
    No question in my mind, you are correct, in fact I think Jordis was Blake's biggest talent. She can sing country, rock, blues or pop. She did really well with both songs.

Blake is a standup guy, so I'm not going to knock him, but I think he's way overestimated RL's appeal even to the country community. I don't think she has a career. In fact I think the country community will be more inclined to embrace Jordis! But, hey, that's just my take.
    Could not have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That and she was getting a ton of downloads on Itunes and the country music community is fawning over her (per Blake) already. I would have made the same decision to keep her, too (although I'm glad Blake changed his mind last night and kept Erin).
    I don't recall Blake saying the country music community was fawning all over RaeLynn. In fact he said something like they were all asking him about her, or talking about her. For all we know, they could have been asking him what the heck he was thinking putting her on his team.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Right after he said that, he added, "I think you're the face of the next generation of country." Blake's right; young performers like Taylor Swift and Scotty from AI are huge right now, so it's not too much of a stretch, particularly with her dominating Itunes, to see RaeLynn following in their footsteps. Like people said here, she did fairly well this week; she just needs some polishing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    OMG! I was totally shocked that Xtina eliminated Jesse. It may have been his worst performance but the others didn't do any better too. I really thought Jesse was never in danger of getting eliminated as he will take Xtina's team all the way to the end. I felt that Xtina has the weakest team but she would win regardless because o Jesse but then she eliminates him. My jaw just dropped. She's an idiot! Everyone was floored. She could have eliminated anyone except Jesse for all I care. This will have repurcussions on Xtina (she'll be out of the game quick).
    I was listening to some different versions of 'A Song For You' on YouTube, and came across Jesse Campbell's version. 'A Song For You' has been recorded by virtually everyone who has picked up a microphone, yet Jesse's version stands out as a stellar performance. So, I was shocked and disgusted to find that Christina had eliminated him so early in the competition. This is exactly why I refuse to invest myself into these vocal competitions.

Here's that blind audition of Jesse's that was so impressive it had all four judges turn around and three giving standing ovations...

Last edited by Uncle David; 04-26-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: To add video
    redsox girl likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I was listening to some different versions of 'A Song For You' on YouTube, and came across Jesse Campbell's version. 'A Song For You' has been recorded by virtually everyone who has picked up a microphone, yet Jesse's version stands out as a stellar performance. So, I was shocked and disgusted to find that Christina had eliminated him so early in the competition. This is exactly why I refuse to invest myself into these vocal competitions.

Here's that blind audition of Jesse's that was so impressive it had all four judges turn around and three giving standing ovations...
    Thank you so much for posting this, Uncle David. I agree with you on every point. I feel like these shows have become an exercise in futility for so many people. I am a long time fan of Christina, some of her songs have truly inspired me and spoken to me on a very personal level. But, this year watching and listening to her `reasons' and `rationalizations' for dismissing this truly gifted man, I want to finally throw in the towel. Part of me instinctively felt, when she eliminated him that ageism was part of the bigger picture in her thinking...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread