+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 4/10 The Voice 2: Second Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 The Voice 2: Second Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Thank god it wasn't Erin!

Based on performances, I'm not surprised he chose Cheesa. (Even if I'm not a fan of her voice).

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well that was better for my prediction game. Woohoooo!

Based on how they sang, I wanted to change my mind and pick Katrina. Kim just didn't want it enough, she didn't bring her A game.

Tony Vincent is a good singer, but that creeping thing he does around the stage is just awful. XTina hit it on the head last night when she said she was concerned about his versatility and I agree. Wait, what? Yeah, I agree with her.

What does she have against guys named Tony? Tony, that's your name right? Hahaha Some Tony has done XTina wrong. She should write a song about that.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Having followed James career back here in New England and knowing his fanbase, screaming girls are not his usual audience. Although last night he added them to his fan base by playing to them in the way he sang Don't Know Why. He could have easily freaked out having to interpret something that is not anywhere near his wheelhouse, but instead he covered up his nerves and delivered something that while not perfect, was quite good and unique in that a man was singing such a feminine almost fragile type of song. He has shown he has the ability to stretch and still sound pretty good.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    taracran and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

See, I can't figure out if you are being sarcastic or not... because last week i was posting that Erin can sing well (although it's quite different therefore bound to divide people). her voice reminds me of evervescent chanpagne bubbles. I like it.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Adam should of picked Kim, she has the better voice and that is the name of this show. I really like Tony but his song was garbage so I understand why he wasnt saved. At least Erin is gone thank god!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I'm surprised (and disappointed) he didn't choose Kim.
    I am too. I am wondering if it is a little bit of age discrimination.

How much are they influenced by who the other judges pick? Every one of them has gone with the consensus.
    Babbred likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange View Post
    I like her lower range but the high notes just sounded screechy to me. Didn't like that so much either. Sigh ...I wanted to like her tonight, too.
    I don't like her high or low range.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I think they get to pick from a set list for their last chance song. So not carte blanch, but more structured.
    Yes, that seems to be the case. You remember last week, Blake was ragging on Natai, saying she should have sung her trademark reggae. She said flat out that she had wanted to, but that she couldn't because they had to pick a song off the list.

I guess I'm in the minority, becauser I liked Tony V's performance last night. He was sure better than he was the first time. I remember thinking, "Why didn't you sing like this before? You wouldn't have been in the Bottom 3!"

I have to be fair and say that Cheesa sang well, so she deserved to go through. However, I still don't like her so I hope America continues to put her in the B3. And I, too, have wondered how much pressure the mentors are to pick a particular person since they almost always go with the one the other judges picked. Or is it even worse and there's stuff going on behind-the-scenes?
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I agree with Babbred as I liked Tony Vincent's song last night as well, but Cheesa did sing really well for the last performance and I think CeeLo chose with his heart as he said. I do not know what is up with Christina, but I find her to be mean spirited at times. She clearly seems to have a grudge against the name Tony. I thought it was rather rude to not remember Tony Vincent's name and she was clearly angry that Tony L made it through. I have to agree with Adam about his statement of why all the competitors don't sing like that all the time instead of just when singing for their life. On the other hand most of the time the judges are the ones who have picked their songs for the performance night, so hard to say who is at fault. Maybe they are able to connect better with something that they have chosen themselves. I am no music expert so just go by what I like to listen to and what I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I have to agree with Adam about his statement of why all the competitors don't sing like that all the time instead of just when singing for their life. On the other hand most of the time the judges are the ones who have picked their songs for the performance night, so hard to say who is at fault. Maybe they are able to connect better with something that they have chosen themselves. I am no music expert so just go by what I like to listen to and what I don't.
    I understand what Adam was saying, but clearly the singers do better when they are able to choose songs they are most comfortable with. They will sound much better on songs that they know suit their range or abilities. Having the coaches pick the songs in these final rounds doesn't necessarily help the contestants shine. It is kind of like asking Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez to sing a Celine Dion song.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast