+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 4/3 The Voice 2: First Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/3 The Voice 2: First Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    CA, I thought it was different last year, too.
    I thought they didn't have the saves until the very end.
    How did they do it differently last season? I've been racking my brains trying to remember, because I know they've changed. I just remember that I loved last season, and I hate this one. This business of eliminating two singers just drives me nuts. Most of the time I would rather hear the singers in the B3 than the ones in the T3, ha ha, so it just bugs me that I don't get to hear one of the eliminated singers again. Perfect example was this week. I nearly threw something at my TV when Naia, Charlotte, and Sera were all sent packing. I would far rather hear them sing again then most of the people who got saved.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

In the quarter finals (what we're at now): 2 contestants were eliminated on the next show. There was no "bottom three last chance".
    4 singers performed. Then the next night:
    -The top publicly voted person was saved. The coach then got to save one. The remaining 2 contestants were eliminated.

Moving into the semi-finals the votes then went into a point system. We'll see if they change that too.

I just heard that someone on CeeLo's team is sick and may not be able to compete. What happens then? Can they pull back someone who went home to replace her?

OMO
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Xtina, no! Sera was the clear choice. If Jordis would sing like she did on Wild Horses, I'd be a fan.
    Speaking of horses, I really believe Jordis is going to be the dark horse in the competition. I've enjoyed all of her performances so far, but she's not sung her best yet by any stretch. On RockStar, she absolutely killed her first 5 songs.

Baba O'Riley
    Heart-Shaped Box
    The Reason
    Gimme Some Lovin'
    The Man Who Sold the World

Then she under performed Layla, killed Knockin' on Heaven's Door, crashed and burned on Dream On, and killed Imagine, and then struggled from there out.

On the voice, she seems to be doing the reverse, starting out average and slowly picking up steam. She killed maybe I'm a man, but has just performed average up until Wild Horses (which was just above average for her). If Blake starts picking better songs, she'll make a run and win it all. She has the most unique voice on the show. My humble prediction.

I'm not as wild over Jordis as some are. I do recall her from Rock Star. Maybe she'll grow on me. There are quite a few I do already like, so I haven't settled in on just a few favorites yet. I'm liking some from Blake and Christina's teams.

OMO
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by OMO View Post
    ...On the voice, she seems to be doing the reverse, starting out average and slowly picking up steam. She killed maybe I'm a man, but has just performed average up until Wild Horses (which was just above average for her).....
    Er, 'Maybe I'm Amazed, that is'.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

STILL can't believe that America voted RaeLynn through... she was the worst singer on the team and sang most of the song off key.
    Hopefully she'll get kicked off soon.

OMO
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    STILL can't believe that America voted RaeLynn through... she was the worst singer on the team and sang most of the song off key.
    Hopefully she'll get kicked off soon.
    Yeah, I don't get the RaeLynn thing either (though I kinda do). In fact, 2 of the three saved by american on Blake's team were sining their songs off key.

But the truth is, it's not really about the voice for most voters. They're voting for who they like and who they can relate to. I really don't pay attention to the personal story stuff. I like Jordis the best, simply because of her voice. Her talent is undeniable, especially considering the songs Blake is throwing at her. Those songs are death to most singers. I mean what's next, "I will always love you" by Whitney?

Jordis has actually improved her range since RockStar. She's a better singer with more control. But she also has a particular style that it suited to particular songs over others. I'm really interested to see what next week brings.

Quote Originally Posted by OMO View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the RaeLynn thing either (though I kinda do). In fact, 2 of the three saved by american on Blake's team were sining their songs off key.

But the truth is, it's not really about the voice for most voters. They're voting for who they like and who they can relate to. I really don't pay attention to the personal story stuff. I like Jordis the best, simply because of her voice. Her talent is undeniable, especially considering the songs Blake is throwing at her. Those songs are death to most singers. I mean what's next, "I will always love you" by Whitney?

Jordis has actually improved her range since RockStar. She's a better singer with more control. But she also has a particular style that it suited to particular songs over others. I'm really interested to see what next week brings.
    The thing is, everyone is different. An example on this show would be Pip. Here I was thinking he was the best one of the night, and the judges and everyone on here is telling me otherwise. I liked his voice, and I've never heard that song before so I had nothing to compare it to. Jordis is just okay. For me, it's not all about range, or the runs, or the technical superiority, it's about what sounds good to me. I'm not interested in back stories either, they tend to annoy me when they push them, because everyone has a story.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I am from Chris Mann's home town so naturally I will be rooting for him! Some of those girls have freaky voices and I am not being nice...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456