+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 3/12 The Voice 2: Battle Round #2 Show Discussion

Re: 3/12 The Voice 2: Battle Round #2 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Totally agree with you on Juliet. I thought the same thing. For someone who is supposedly all that (in her own mind), she came across like she was trying way, way too hard. And did I hear her correctly during one of the video clips when she said she said that her voice was stronger and she was prettier than Sarah?!? Well, I'm sorry, honey, but you ain't all that. She's obviously very, very insecure with herself. I loved Sarah's understated confidence and the quality of her voice. She reminded me a little of K.D Lang - she may not have the same power and depth to her voice, but I heard shades of Lang in there. I wish she'd have gotten picked instead of Juliet. Juliet's wannabe rock goddess screams and growls get old, fast.
    I'm really glad to come on here and see people agreeing with my assessment of Sarah vs. Juliet. It was obvious who was going to go on based on song choice alone, and that outfit certainly sealed the deal for her. Sarah definitely had the better voice and I compare Juliette's voice to nails on a chalkboard. It will be interesting to see how she does in the voting rounds.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Totally agree with you on Juliet. I thought the same thing. For someone who is supposedly all that (in her own mind), she came across like she was trying way, way too hard. And did I hear her correctly during one of the video clips when she said she said that her voice was stronger and she was prettier than Sarah?!? Well, I'm sorry, honey, but you ain't all that. She's obviously very, very insecure with herself. I loved Sarah's understated confidence and the quality of her voice. She reminded me a little of K.D Lang - she may not have the same power and depth to her voice, but I heard shades of Lang in there. I wish she'd have gotten picked instead of Juliet. Juliet's wannabe rock goddess screams and growls get old, fast.
    You heard correctly bee. While I did like Juliet in the auditions, that comment turned me off.

I don't think that comment will hurt Juliet in the live shows because it seems that many have tuned out the battle rounds. So those people aren't going to see that remark. For those that heard it and choose not to vote for her, that's another story. But her clothing choices may be another mark against her by some, others not so much.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I live Nirvana and thought Lee was way better than Lindsay on that song. His tone was amazing!
    redsox girl likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

You know, the battle rounds have been a distinct letdown from the blind auditions. For the most part, they've been very predictable.
    Ain't that the truth? As I look down my notes from each pairing, I find that there was only one surprise for me-- Adam's picking Kim over Whitney. I thought he would follow the pattern that the rest of them did--pick the younger, flashier, more outspoken contestant. I am very disappointed that this show doesn't live up to its name. It might be about The Voice in the blind auditions, but once the judges turn around, it definitely becomes more about image than real talent.

And I hope female contestants learn a lesson after this season. If you're a serious artist, then don't pick Ce Lo. It's become painfully obvious that, in AsIs's brilliant phrase, "He is fooled by a pretty smile and some leg." Or as Tilden memorably put it, "CeLo is too easy to distract with a pretty face or a tight skirt." It's a real shame that Sarah picked him.

Speaking of flashy, though, I love what you said, Bee! I couldn't agree more! I liked Juliet during the auditions, but she totally turned me off in this round. Everything about her was just tacky--her behavior, her dress. And trying to be a Janis Joplin clone is getting about as old trying to be Mariah/Whitney clone. I've seen a few women now on these singing shows trying to growl their way through songs, and it's really getting on my nerves. Whitney, angel, there will never be another one like you, may you rest in peace. And Janis, you were one-of-a-kind, and there will never be another one of you, either.

And now I really want to hug Jamie as he breaks down while trying to be gracious about Jamar's win.
    I know!

And I'm also going to get really annoyed if they keep shoving Jamar's HIV story at me. Who was it who said they got turned off AI because of all the sob stories? So did I!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Speaking of flashy, though, I love what you said, Bee! I couldn't agree more! I liked Juliet during the auditions, but she totally turned me off in this round. Everything about her was just tacky--her behavior, her dress. And trying to be a Janis Joplin clone is getting about as old trying to be Mariah/Whitney clone. I've seen a few women now on these singing shows trying to growl their way through songs, and it's really getting on my nerves. Whitney, angel, there will never be another one like you, may you rest in peace. And Janis, you were one-of-a-kind, and there will never be another one of you, either.

I know!

!
    Amen to all of this....so true!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

And I'm also going to get really annoyed if they keep shoving Jamar's HIV story at me. Who was it who said they got turned off AI because of all the sob stories? So did I!
    Yeah, I don't like anyone becoming a "story" instead of a contestant, regardless of what the story is. Also, while I certainly sympathize with someone with HIV and how scary that must be, being HIV is no longer, thank goodness, an automatic death sentence. Look at how long it's been since Magic Johnson announced he was HIV positive. They're kind of treating it like Jamar's not going to make it, but being HIV positive is not the same thing as having full blown AIDS, at least not anymore. He may have a lot of years left to pursue a musical career.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-14-2012 at 09:10 PM.

FORT Fogey

You think CeLo would get the message next season if all the women with decent voices who had any other option at all chose another coach? Sarah erroneously selected him thinking he would appreciate someone who could sling the comments right back at him, but clearly, that's not what he wants in a female competitor. I can't wait to see who he puts up against Erin, who was more show than voice as well.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Christina chooses Sarah. I knew she was going to. As soon as Christina sung with her.

Also, my mistake I've been calling her Sarah when it's Sera.
    "I feel like crying but the tears won't come".
    I think she chose the wrong one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You think CeLo would get the message next season if all the women with decent voices who had any other option at all chose another coach? Sarah erroneously selected him thinking he would appreciate someone who could sling the comments right back at him, but clearly, that's not what he wants in a female competitor. I can't wait to see who he puts up against Erin, who was more show than voice as well.
    It's sad when all the viewers have to do is check the amount of skin that the contestant is showing and how much camel toe they have and determine who the judge will pick, before they even start singing. Not good! I think Blake is that way too.

Why do they keep doing it. When performing they crouch and it appears that they have belly aches. I did notice that a few did not do it.
    The people that have more self esteem? Geoff? I know that Juliette did not crouch (Not a fan especially after she said she was prettier)
    So far the 2 coaches I like are Adam on 1 and Blake on 2
    Some of those battles it was obvious beforehand who they'd pick. Geoff did not stand a chance against Sera. Same with some of the others. Glad that Adam picked Kim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast