+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I think the comments are designed in advance to protect the feelings of the one going home. There's no need to make them feel any worse. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Yes, that's another reason why I love this show over AI. The judges' comments are respectful and sympathetic, not inane and worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I disagreed with the "winners" most of the time too. And many times of the 3 other coaches, the person I liked best had 2 of their votes.

Regarding the crouching - I was really impressed with how much of a difference it made when Robin Thicke showed Chris how to not tuck back, but to open himself up when singing "You love this town" from "Beautiful Day." However, I don't think Chris was able to do enough (even though I still preferred Chris over Tony). But after seeing Robin's example, I also noticed a lot of the performers do that. It's like they're not really comfortable onstage, and they're trying to protect themselves, sort of like when people cross their arms to emotionally shield themselves. But a seasoned performer like Robin has the confidence to open up and expose himself (not literally, of course) to his audience.
    I'm glad we're having this conversation. I, too, am a person who hates it when performers double over like they have stomach cramps. It makes me want to rush them to the hospital. Maybe that should be used once in a song for really strong emotion, but that's it. I loved what Robin said. "When you're singing 'I love this town,' why would you double over? Why wouldn't you spread your arms to show the love?" Exactly! Now that I've seen that segment, the doubling over is driving me crazy.

I also liked what somebody said upthread about Ce Lo making a mistake over Angie, because of her military connection. That's exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I'm biased. I've had two cousins serve in Iraq and one getting ready to ship out for Afghanistan. I wanted Angie to do well and would have supported her to the end. It wasn't just her being in the military; it helped that she had a great voice. But yeah, I think a lot of people feel like me and found Angie more sympathetic, which would have translated to more votes. That, and I genuinely did not like Chessa or her voice.

Watching Rae Lynn now. Those flowers on her head just bug me. I keep waiting for one to fall off. Also, is it just me, or did those opening notes of RaeLynn's just sound painful? I found myself wincing as she sang. Why in the heck did Blake pick her? Was this a sympathy vote like Xenia last season? Because Ashley was miles better: better voice, and much better performer. RaeLynn just looked like an awkward teenager warbling in her school talent show.

Had to edit to add: Kia, I am so ticked off at you! Gee, would that have been a giant commercial, by having RaeLynn shown in your car? I'm embarrassed to say that I drive one of your cars.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

It wasn't just you, Babbred. Ray Lynn started off pretty awful. And she didn't get much better. Blake sees something in her that we haven't seen yet. I understand he likes the unique voices, and storytellers but I don't see any of that in Ray Lynn or Adley.

I don't get bored by the battle rounds. I pretend that I'm the 5th judge and try to predict who the coaches will choose. It's pretty exciting, especially when you like the person who was chosen. It's even more intense when someone you didn't like goes up against someone you do like and the person you didn't like kicks a$$.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I have a personal dislike for Robin and it knocks Adam down a bit, for me, that Robin is Adam's friend.
    Really?? He's actually quite a nice guy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Finally got to watch it.
    I'm not happy with so many of the choices.
    Especially the Mickey Mouse Club guy over Chris.
    Adam, Chris was sooo much better.
    And, that little Raylin. OMG, her voice was totally pitchy and pretty awful. She took a song I have always loved and, IMO, just ruined it. I think Blake just could not see past Raylin's resemblance to Miranda Lambert. She looks like a mini version of her.

Glad to see Jordis picked - I've liked her since Rock Star. But, tonight, was definitely not a real good performance for either of them.

Am looking forward to next week as I like so many of the singers. Hope it goes well.

I totally loved seeing Kelly Clarkson on this. What a jibe at AI, huh!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011